Digital Art Zone

5 of 51
Let’s Make Clothing! Tutorial thread. Shoes too!
Posted: 18 September 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25
Patience55 - 18 September 2012 05:28 AM

Oh that’s you?! Yes. That was I. There’s been a number of free morphs that aren’t showing up - turns out they were all created in more recent programs and nothing is backwards compatible with D/S4. AFAIK it has something to do with different engines running the car. [not my analogy]
I’ve done a few D/S = Bryce scenes however I don’t worry about the bridge part. That may or not work correctly; and even where it might, it might not with Genesis. It’s a simple matter to load, pose, export out the .obj files ... and just import them into Bryce - move them to where they are wanted and render the scene. Thankfully with W7 64 bit I can keep both programs open so there’s no problem making minor pose adjustments and so forth in D/S to reship out the .obj files for Bryce to use. As I recall before exporting Genesis out of D/S4, make sure all the clothing items are ‘fitted to’ so they’ll ‘export with’.

Yep, Dvl is the, well, newest incarnation anyhow. I had a temper tantrum a few years back and deleted my old posting account, LOL, so decided to vary away from the Bahr/Bear theme for once. Eventually I’ll start uploading some clothing items, but the morphs are just fun smile

I remeber before, I used to have a use a script for Daz to Bryce importing, it was actually called Daz2Bryce, I think. Would create the texture maps with any diffuse I had set for me, and prep everything for a nice clean import. I guess now it’s all Shader baking or something to do that instead, or just exporting with maps for Bryce. (do those correct the maps if you have a diffuse other then white? ) I haven’t tried the bridge.. so used to obj export for everything, I forget the bridges are even there :D

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4779
Joined  2012-04-07
Ebahr - 18 September 2012 01:11 PM
Patience55 - 18 September 2012 05:28 AM

Oh that’s you?! Yes. That was I. There’s been a number of free morphs that aren’t showing up - turns out they were all created in more recent programs and nothing is backwards compatible with D/S4. AFAIK it has something to do with different engines running the car. [not my analogy]
I’ve done a few D/S = Bryce scenes however I don’t worry about the bridge part. That may or not work correctly; and even where it might, it might not with Genesis. It’s a simple matter to load, pose, export out the .obj files ... and just import them into Bryce - move them to where they are wanted and render the scene. Thankfully with W7 64 bit I can keep both programs open so there’s no problem making minor pose adjustments and so forth in D/S to reship out the .obj files for Bryce to use. As I recall before exporting Genesis out of D/S4, make sure all the clothing items are ‘fitted to’ so they’ll ‘export with’.

Yep, Dvl is the, well, newest incarnation anyhow. I had a temper tantrum a few years back and deleted my old posting account, LOL, so decided to vary away from the Bahr/Bear theme for once. Eventually I’ll start uploading some clothing items, but the morphs are just fun smile

I remeber before, I used to have a use a script for Daz to Bryce importing, it was actually called Daz2Bryce, I think. Would create the texture maps with any diffuse I had set for me, and prep everything for a nice clean import. I guess now it’s all Shader baking or something to do that instead, or just exporting with maps for Bryce. (do those correct the maps if you have a diffuse other then white? ) I haven’t tried the bridge.. so used to obj export for everything, I forget the bridges are even there :D

Actually I haven’t tried exporting anything from Bryce yet aside from conversions to .obj format. I’ll import items in, set up various scenes and render the images.

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

fixme12 no want :-(

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

Why not create all these tutorials in pdf?
reading all this on a forum isn’t to good for this.

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 22 September 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
fixme12 - 22 September 2012 02:45 AM

Why not create all these tutorials in pdf?
reading all this on a forum isn’t to good for this.

Well I had a whole bunch uploaded, then some rather uptey snooty remarks were made, so i took all down. They want FREE tutorials from PROFESSIONAL teachers that were taught English at the same school they attended. Well you know, i have yet to see any such item per sa as the concept of ‘professional’, normally implies $$$$. And the schools that taught me gave me honour grades.

Thought the forum was also for helping folk, so kindly pardon me.

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25
Patience55 - 22 September 2012 04:41 AM

Well I had a whole bunch uploaded, then some rather uptey snooty remarks were made, so i took all down. They want FREE tutorials from PROFESSIONAL teachers that were taught English at the same school they attended. Well you know, i have yet to see any such item per sa as the concept of ‘professional’, normally implies $$$$. And the schools that taught me gave me honour grades.

You’re not a native english speaker? I honestly had no idea on that one. You do a lot better then many people I know that have been born and bred here in NY-USA.

Don’t let people get you down though. Unfortunately, drama, trolling, anti-social comments and the such are very much the part of the every day in a community like this. Back in the older days, I left the original Sims community due to garbage, then started hanging at Poser Pros for quite a while. Drama visited there, a friend there passed away, it was enough for me so I walked away from the Poser / Daz community. Spent a few years with dA, didn’t communicate much. It’s taken until just recently for me to start even trying to be social again. I do regret letting other people affect my enjoyment, though, and having so much wasted time under my belt now. I think I would have been much better off just ignoring the negatives, instead of impeding my own growth.
Free tutorials, free resources, even free items are not going to be the same as 30$ ones. They take time, and in many cases time is money. When things are released for free, it’s a labor of love and a want to return to the community or to help someone else. So I wouldn’t worry about critiques too much, as long as the information is correct, if someone doesn’t like the presentation..they can spend 30$ to get the same info somewhere else.
Edit: Rereading my own comment, the ‘if someone doesn’t like the presentation..’ part is intended about people who may have been uppity, or the such, not towards FixMe’s comment about preferring PDF. I personally prefer PDF or downloadables myself, since I tend to use my offline machine when rendering.

Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 22 September 2012 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Ebahr - 22 September 2012 01:24 PM
Patience55 - 22 September 2012 04:41 AM

You’re not a native english speaker? I honestly had no idea on that one. You do a lot better then many people I know that have been born and bred here in NY-USA.

Don’t let people get you down though. Unfortunately, drama, trolling, anti-social comments and the such are very much the part of the every day in a community like this. Back in the older days, I left the original Sims community due to garbage, then started hanging at Poser Pros for quite a while. Drama visited there, a friend there passed away, it was enough for me so I walked away from the Poser / Daz community. Spent a few years with dA, didn’t communicate much. It’s taken until just recently for me to start even trying to be social again. I do regret letting other people affect my enjoyment, though, and having so much wasted time under my belt now. I think I would have been much better off just ignoring the negatives, instead of impeding my own growth.
Free tutorials, free resources, even free items are not going to be the same as 30$ ones. They take time, and in many cases time is money. When things are released for free, it’s a labor of love and a want to return to the community or to help someone else. So I wouldn’t worry about critiques too much, as long as the information is correct, if someone doesn’t like the presentation..they can spend 30$ to get the same info somewhere else.
Edit: Rereading my own comment, the ‘if someone doesn’t like the presentation..’ part is intended about people who may have been uppity, or the such, not towards FixMe’s comment about preferring PDF. I personally prefer PDF or downloadables myself, since I tend to use my offline machine when rendering.

English yes, American no.
Anyhow FixMe is apparently unfamiliar with our forums here. They most certainly are also for tutorials. We had pages upon pages of them in the previous website. And Nuts N’ Bolts is the place where we’re to be putting them.
You know, it wasn’t even a tutorial, it was 3 image promotion for a delightful program I came across called Sketchbook Pro.
Great for making tillable texture images.

Image Attachments
Display1.pngDisplay1pat.png
 Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25

That’s from Autodesk, isn’t it? I have used XFader forever now, bought it for webpages a while back and discovered that any program that can tile correctly is a godsend, and a total saver on time smile

Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 22 September 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6848332&siteID=123112

Yes wink ‘bout the only program they sell I can afford lol ... sigh.

Oh yes it also has a “Sketchbook Snapshot” as part of its install. Neat. Takes a picture of whatever is on the screen so one can start painting on said image. This could useful for many reasons.

One of the brushes is a neat little ‘star’. But I have to say I love the eclipse ... set it up and pull out a paint brush ... the paint follows the curve flawlessly.

There’s a free .pdf printer for W7 and I think the macs, File > print > instead of printing out on paper, set it to print out as .pdf. Only thing is to CHECK the .pdf file. Apparently some nurdy websites are set up [whether intentional or not I don’t know] but they will not print out correctly. Not on paper either. When it’s your invoice or something like that, it’s very annoying.

http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp  works on Windows.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Okay Ebahr,

Let’s pretend I didn’t spend all night trying to download updated files;

For GeoGrafting purposes, my first question is:
Which size of Genesis do we work with in Hexagon?

[dear Mods, no movie threads ... geografted people need clothes too wink thank you]

Image Attachments
1st_question.png
 Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2012 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-25

Ok, this is going to sound a bit nuts, but.. Silo. I know it seems odd, but the Hexagon import/export scale doesn’t seem to match up correctly. Silo, on the other hand, matches perfectly. so if you import objects from Hexagon in the Silo scale, and export objects to be used in Hexagon in the Silo scale, it fits Genesis without having to rescale in Daz at all.
For the manikin, to make something Geografted using Hexagon, export your Genesis in the Base resolution, using the Silo Scale, and you’re all set.
Below: Dress made in Hexagon, then imported using the Silo Scale (no bridge for this, just imported the obj file smile  )

Image Attachments
Clipboard01.jpgSiloScaled.jpg
 Signature 

————-
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 27 September 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Ebahr - 26 September 2012 11:27 PM

Ok, this is going to sound a bit nuts, but.. Silo. I know it seems odd, but the Hexagon import/export scale doesn’t seem to match up correctly. Silo, on the other hand, matches perfectly. so if you import objects from Hexagon in the Silo scale, and export objects to be used in Hexagon in the Silo scale, it fits Genesis without having to rescale in Daz at all.
For the manikin, to make something Geografted using Hexagon, export your Genesis in the Base resolution, using the Silo Scale, and you’re all set.
Below: Dress made in Hexagon, then imported using the Silo Scale (no bridge for this, just imported the obj file smile  )

Silo ... okay. Glad i asked ‘cause i wouldn’t have guessed this. Thanks.

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2216
Joined  2005-09-05
Patience55 - 26 September 2012 05:12 PM

Okay Ebahr,

[dear Mods, no movie threads ... geografted people need clothes too wink thank you]

I always use the bridge when doing clothing and so far have had no issues. When I use import/export I always have problems.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 27 September 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Pendraia - 27 September 2012 04:54 PM
Patience55 - 26 September 2012 05:12 PM

Okay Ebahr,

I always use the bridge when doing clothing and so far have had no issues. When I use import/export I always have problems.

For clothing items it’s been the reverse for me. I find the bridge is great for morphs and that’s about it.
However yes, getting the correct size for import/export is a challenge. Once I figured out a path that normally works, I just stick to it. However for GeoGrafting I’ll give these Silo settings a try and see what happens. It’ll be a little while yet though as grin getting my new computer tomorrow!
It’ll [hopefully] be able to handle decent sized render jobs for my hobby. So looking forward to this.

Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2012 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

HU - catch sale over at Runtime DNA too ... finally had the dough ray me AND the item was on sale [bonus!] so hope you can catch it too if interested:

http://www.runtimedna.com/Modeling-with-Littlefox-Part-Collection1.html  60% off grin

Took a quick look through them and YES YES YES!!!!

The tutorials can also be purchased individually and are on sale too. Even if you’re a Poser or D/S “only” user, worth the 2 bits to see what the other half are talking about from time to time wink

Signature 

5 of 51