Digital Art Zone

13 of 51
Let’s Make Clothing! Tutorial thread. Shoes too!
Posted: 11 February 2013 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4685
Joined  2012-04-07

After the $1.99 items ... for the rest, check the bundles. Some of the best deals are the bundles which might even contain more bundles ... when they go on sale wink
Normally there’s a huge March Madness sale.
It can be a good idea to do some window shopping first and plan strategies!

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2013 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Mine not to understand all it is how/why D/S works; but apparently the use of a template when creating the clothing item isn’t always the best choice to make. If your “uniform” was splitting apart [like mine was and no I won’t show that], try remaking the clothing item in D/S without using a template ... or depending upon the item, possibly another template [there’s for a loose bodysuit and a tight bodysuit, for eg.].

For those wishing to create some clothing morphs, one can create “little morphs” for the clothing. I’d recommend renaming the little morph’s location on the Parameter Tab to reflect the name of the clothing [rather than our handles]. For the professionals and/or want/hope to become professionals, one does have to use the morph loader and learn a lot of other details which I don’t normally cover.

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Genesis Basic Clothing Rig Kit is still on sale ... price seems to vary day to day with the different sales! 65% off atm.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit

I wanted to mention that there seems to be some confusion as to what the above item is for. It is not going to magically make all your clothing for you. When D/S4.0 was first released, everybody was at the learning ‘how to’ everything with the program. This package was produced by Bobbie25 to help people learn how to rig clothing. The donor rigs [bones] are merchant resource in that yes you can make your clothing using this product with the bones provided in the package. She also has a few video tutorials over at Youtube.com last time I checked. The included .pdf tutorial is worth reading through.

Convert ANY V4 Long Dress to Genesis! (TUTORIAL) by Wancow
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/16879/

Metadata: snaggled off of one of the official pages a tidbit to be aware of:

REBUILD THE METADATA DATABASE
This procedures removes all the current database files and then recreates the database by re-importing. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL DESTROY ANY METADATA FOR USER CREATED CONTENT. User-created files will not be deleted, but the index info for them will be deleted. They will remain in the Content Library Pane, if created there, but will not show up and will not be able to show up in the Smart Content Pane.

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4658
Joined  2008-03-06

Yep, it’s just a set of boning rigs.  They’re good rigs, though.  I have products that have used them.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 15 February 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

I work on the theory that whenever a program is given away free, there are undoubtedly children and beginners grabbing a copy and just wanting to get something working. It helps the attitude if one can get success at the beginning [or near the beginning] of any learning activity, that “yes you can” ... and gee, maybe that was fun. Let’s try learning more.

When I started “learning how to make morphs” with D/S4.0, there were no tutorials available and the documentation centre’s page was not yet complete. So I figure out how to make something work, verified that yes this method is okay to use the only alert being that one does not manually hack files that one plans to sell. So okay. I’m not selling anything. The advanced method for morphing calls for use of the morph loader. And while I’m sure it’s probably very easy to use once you’ve figured out how, somehow taking all those extra steps when all I wanted to do was save a morph and found I could with one step well hay! There is a simple method. You will notice that the professional products are not using this simple method and that’s fine. They also have professional made metadata so theoretically one can find the products. [don’t mind me, nearly died again this week and am I ever tired] So ... I can find my morphs by making “simple morphs”. And I will show those that would like to know this method some of the “how to”. As it’s very similar to saving little morphs made for Genesis, I’m not repeating every single step.

Image Attachments
001.png002.png003.png004.png005.png
 Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2013 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

This morph is rather drastic so it will appear. Remember with smoothing on the clothing, some of the morph will be ironed out.

Image Attachments
006.png007.png008.png009.png010.png
 Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2013 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Now if somebody who knows how to save the morph using the Advanced method wants to, feel free to post some images too. Thank you.

Image Attachments
011.png012.png001.png
 Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2013 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Okay, as elsewhere I have mentioned that if people wish to contribute to the knowledge base here for how to make clothing “for 3D printing” [requirements are not the same as for rendering images], they may do so just to plainly state that the information is for 3D printing.

From another thread in the forum, advice has been offered that one needs to use MeshLab [free] to convert the .obj file to .stl file.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/16552/P60/#252629

To note though that there is to be no 3D printing of Daz’s mesh until a license to do so has been procured. Said licenses are not yet in the marketplace.

And for those interested in a license free model to dress: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15933/

Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2013 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1716
Joined  2012-04-14

The entire tutorials category is currently 40% off
http://www.daz3d.com/utilities-resources/tutorials?limit=60
Genesis starter kit
http://www.daz3d.com/utilities-resources/tutorials/genesis-starter-kit
Classic Bikini
http://www.daz3d.com/utilities-resources/tutorials/classic-bikini
Rigging Original Figures in DS4 pro
http://www.daz3d.com/utilities-resources/tutorials/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro
Advanced rigging (if you buy this you’ll get 50% off Rigging original figures or from the deep)
http://www.daz3d.com/utilities-resources/tutorials/advanced-rigging-in-daz-studio-4-pro

Posted: 18 February 2013 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Thanks for the HU. Price difference request input. grin

btw - for those new to D/S4.x there are also a lot of videos some of which deal with making clothing. Some are a little dated in that the program has been updated since the videos were first made. But there is still some good information in them.
For eg.  DAZ Studio 4 Transfer Utility shows how easily this feature works and also covers how D/S is auto-adding morphs.

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Not enough for a topic on its own. Here are a few samples from things I’ve encountered this week.

Don’t faint. I did try that Morph Loader Pro ... in D/S4.0.  As I fail to see how this was an improvement over the Hexagon route, maybe like, if I just used it incorrectly, some kind soul might jump in and enlighten us. The images are not ‘step by step’ ... one shows how to change the option to get the MLP to appear on return to D/S from Hexagon. And some of the various popups that appear.

The DSF Toolbox is great for editing safely certain headers in the files BUT unless I missed the “where to” seems to avoid the editing of pathways on the Parameters Tab.

Have been encountering more releases amongst the freeware indicating that there are no uvmaps but we can use our shaders. And like, no, we can’t. Shaders use images. Images require the uvmap. Doesn’t have to be great, a basic Hexagon slap-on is better than nothing.

Image Attachments
001.png002.png004.png005.png006.png
 Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

And a few more.

Image Attachments
007.png007a.png008.png009.png010.png
 Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2013 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

Morph Loader Pro allows you to change the name of the morph and its grouping by double-clicking those things in its dialogue.  This way I can offer a product with morphs divided into JCM, Fixes And Layering, and Movement and Style.  This is important to me because an average large product that I do has dozens of custom morphs, and it’s easier for the customer to find them under separate headings.

You can also rename and regroup morphs with the Property Editor, is that of interest to anyone?

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 21 February 2013 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
SickleYield - 21 February 2013 12:50 PM

Morph Loader Pro allows you to change the name of the morph and its grouping by double-clicking those things in its dialogue.  This way I can offer a product with morphs divided into JCM, Fixes And Layering, and Movement and Style.  This is important to me because an average large product that I do has dozens of custom morphs, and it’s easier for the customer to find them under separate headings.

You can also rename and regroup morphs with the Property Editor, is that of interest to anyone?

Double clicking ?! [sigh, I was right-clicking and getting nowhere fast lol…]

It would be, but nothing I was trying would enable renaming the morph. I’ll go try double-clicking ...
Silly thought, but wouldn’t an option to name the morph in the first place have been a good idea?

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2013 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Patience55 - 21 February 2013 01:05 PM
SickleYield - 21 February 2013 12:50 PM

Double clicking ?! [sigh, I was right-clicking and getting nowhere fast lol…]

It would be, but nothing I was trying would enable renaming the morph. I’ll go try double-clicking ...
Silly thought, but wouldn’t an option to name the morph in the first place have been a good idea?

Yep, double-click the name in MLP and it should become editable.  For the morph group you must right-click, choose Create, and enter the name of the group you want, including slashes to create subgroups.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

13 of 51