Joined  2007-12-13

Nice, that’s bookmarked!

CHEERS!

Posted: 23 October 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12533
Joined  2007-11-06

...I have it but need to wait until I have more processing power to render a scene with it.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 24 October 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2361
Joined  2007-12-13

That’s something I don’t worry about now. I have a quad core i5, a dedicated Radeon card and 6gb of RAM to play with now.

CHEERS!

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Ok,

I decided to test out Syyd’s Oxygen texture and the various IDL setups. The texture is the same, just the lighting is different.

The first is with IDL Studio, the second with the Lamp Emitters, the third with IDL 360 and lastly Daylight Studio. I think the more interesting of the renders is the IDL Studio one.

But what do you think?

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
Miss-America-V5-IDL-Studio.jpgMiss-America-V5-IDL-Lamp-Em.jpgMiss-America-V5-IDL-360.jpgMiss-America-V5-IDL-Dayligh.jpg

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

It looks like the original IDL Studio is still up there with the best, as these two show. That’s Danae’s Lyon with Loreley Hair and the closest I could get to my old Cassandra morph with V5 and Genesis.

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
V5-Cassandra-01.jpgV5-Cassandra-02.jpg

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Still toying with Caisson’s set up, here I switched the main light from Spot to Infinite with the intensity set to 50% and I remembered to uncheck the IDL Cove as a light emitter.

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
V5-Dublin-50.jpg

Posted: 26 October 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Hmm,

Can you be accused of spamming when it’s your own thread!?

Anyway, to herald the arrival of the newer IDL packages next week (that’s when I’ll buy them), here’s the star of the original one, but with a V5 and Oxygen twist.

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
Vanilla-Sky-V5.jpg

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-02-12

OK let’s not leave you alone on your thread

I’ve never been convinced by poser skin renders, even with IDL or only on some few case but rather with some architectural renders (sponza comes to my mind). I ve looked at many EZskin renders too and even if if brings something to the renders, it doesn’t really trick my eye. There is usually too much SSS and like my own renders, the light doesn’t seem to be right

I’ve began to implement my own skin shader a few month ago, then stopped as I was at a point where I didn’t have any idea to get it better then worked a bit on it again last week and had a beginning of a result with a custom HDR lightset. Here is what I’ve been up to till now. There are still some little things that bug me like the hands but I’m close to something correct. It’s just Genesis with the default LanaRR Skin. One HDR with uberenvironnement and one distant light

Image Attachments
Render_58_3.png
 Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 26 October 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Yeah, it’s horses for courses really.

I actually have never been overly impressed with DS renders myself. Yours does look really good though, but, it does sound like it took an awful lot of work to get it there. That said, it wouldn’t be fun if it didn’t.

Still, hey ho, such is life, there will always be folk that like one over another, but at the end of the day we can step back and just appreciate the art, no matter what it took to get there, though I do draw the line at cutting my ear off!

Below are retakes on the guys a few pages back.

CHEERS!!

PS (Poser will get Reality soon, now that does look impressive!)

Image Attachments
Buddy-2-M5-New.jpgM5-Hunk-New.jpgM5-Shaw-Tougher.jpg

Posted: 26 October 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-02-12

In fact I’ve got luxrender with blender but I don’t render a lot with it because I’m much too impatient to wait and I don’t want to spend xxx $ to get a big GC to render. Beside Lux, there are also some other good renderers that are not well known too. On a comparable level there is also Cycles renderer that does a good job but that is also blender only. The good thing with reality/lux is that you’ve got spectral lighning and a material database of realistic materials based on real physical measurements. So the lightning does look better. However I must say that what really impressed me lastly was rather some bryce renders. I began to learn bryce but I’m no good at it yet

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 26 October 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2009-01-14

a quick one of genesis in daz studio 4.5 pro

Image Attachments
mdl2.jpg
 Signature 

my art: http://mototsume.deviantart.com/
or http://mototsume.webege.com/
freebies:  http://mototsume.webege.com/downloads.htm

Old Post Count: 1773

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Very nice!

CHEERS!

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
Takeo.Kensei - 26 October 2012 12:33 PM

In fact I’ve got luxrender with blender but I don’t render a lot with it because I’m much too impatient to wait and I don’t want to spend xxx $ to get a big GC to render. Beside Lux, there are also some other good renderers that are not well known too. On a comparable level there is also Cycles renderer that does a good job but that is also blender only. The good thing with reality/lux is that you’ve got spectral lighning and a material database of realistic materials based on real physical measurements. So the lightning does look better. However I must say that what really impressed me lastly was rather some bryce renders. I began to learn bryce but I’m no good at it yet

I also have Vue, mainly as it had integration with Poser, all the renders I’ve seen with that look really impressive. I haven’t actually done much with it yet though. Maybe I’m still trying to get as much as I can out of Poser. Reality will be the lift it needs, I don’t mind things taking time if the end result is worth it.

Below is my latest with Mec4D’s Eli.

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
M5-Eli.jpg

Posted: 27 October 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8518
Joined  2009-06-11

Homebrew Poser shaders using the Daz Aged displacement maps and some Ultra aged morphs from RDNA

Image Attachments
CATWOS.jpg

4 of 98