3 of 98
Realistic Renders…NOT!! 11 “Hello Rogerbee!”
Posted: 20 October 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10999
Joined  2007-11-06
Rogerbee - 18 October 2012 01:18 AM

Oh, about PP2012 throwing hissy fits, it turns out that it was having ‘multi threaded bending’ turned on that was causing problems. You’ll find it in your general preferences, it it is on when you find it, turn it off.

CHEERS!

...good tip, thanks.  Won’t be able to do anything with DSON until the new system is up as that is where 2012 is going to be installed.

However 4.5 seems to be behaving much better on the old ‘book than I expected (was able to fix the Directory mapping issues, for some odd reason all my Genesis content was installing to a desktop folder and appending the correct path to it - weird).

So beginning to have a bit more fun again.  Here’s Leela’s elfin friend Tracey which is my first successful use of GenerationX to transfer all the Steph4 morphs). My misgivings about Genesis are rapidly fading as the clothing I used is from the 3DU Toon characters Jasmin and Amy.  Never could do that before without a healthy dose of XD or WW

...also had a bit of fun with the Fabricator.  With all the freebie textures available I’m beginning to wonder if I really need to buy pre-made texture sets for clothing anymore.  Definitely a worthwhile investment.

Image Attachments
tracey_genesis_2.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 20 October 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-06-29

Oh, my—The Fabricator.  grin  That’s one of my favorite products.

DSON is great—but some things still call for DS4.  So I’m glad we can post anything here.
Particularly since I just won a great set of Lantios lights that I’m anxious to try out.

Sorry for the garbled message earlier.  I was trying to do too many things at once.

Posted: 20 October 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2007-06-19

I am glad to see the thread back too smile (and that fact we can post pics now and have avatars again)

I’m still using D|S3a and probably will for the foreseeable future. Me and D|s4x do not get along well, and i want to make the jump to poser but that hasn’t happened yet. I did grab that new whatever for poser that was released while it’s free though to use genesis for that day i do put down the dough for poser ‘lol’.

That’s why this was always my favorite thread ever since i joined the forums way back when (wow has it been 4-5years already?). It was for everything out there that didn’t fit a category. realistic/cartoon, poser,daz,ect.

Everything i learned about this hobby has been from the various incarnations of this thread smile so i am glad it survived the “dark times” (that’s how I’m referring to the forum switch)

(i still hate the smileys of this new forum though they drive me insane, they look smug instead of smiling “lol”)

Ok i’m done rambling. i have caffeine and sitting in front of the keyboard that is never a good combination.

Signature 

DeviantArt
there ain’t nothin’ to do ‘cept take naps and wait patiently for death!

Autonomous and Illuminated Unity of Territories

the Unimportance of being Bunny

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...playing around with Nata tonight.

...ended up with a new character when all was said & done.

Image Attachments
red_rocket_cover.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2310
Joined  2007-12-13
Kyoto Kid - 20 October 2012 12:42 PM

...good tip, thanks.  Won’t be able to do anything with DSON until the new system is up as that is where 2012 is going to be installed.

However 4.5 seems to be behaving much better on the old ‘book than I expected (was able to fix the Directory mapping issues, for some odd reason all my Genesis content was installing to a desktop folder and appending the correct path to it - weird).

So beginning to have a bit more fun again.  Here’s Leela’s elfin friend Tracey which is my first successful use of GenerationX to transfer all the Steph4 morphs). My misgivings about Genesis are rapidly fading as the clothing I used is from the 3DU Toon characters Jasmin and Amy.  Never could do that before without a healthy dose of XD or WW

...also had a bit of fun with the Fabricator.  With all the freebie textures available I’m beginning to wonder if I really need to buy pre-made texture sets for clothing anymore.  Definitely a worthwhile investment.

Fitting clothing is something I have yet to get into. There is a product called Poser Place Outfitter that may help, so when I get some time I’ll give it a whirl and see what happens.

Dire Bunny - 20 October 2012 02:20 PM

I am glad to see the thread back too smile (and that fact we can post pics now and have avatars again)

I’m still using D|S3a and probably will for the foreseeable future. Me and D|s4x do not get along well, and i want to make the jump to poser but that hasn’t happened yet. I did grab that new whatever for poser that was released while it’s free though to use genesis for that day i do put down the dough for poser ‘lol’.

That’s why this was always my favorite thread ever since i joined the forums way back when (wow has it been 4-5years already?). It was for everything out there that didn’t fit a category. realistic/cartoon, poser,daz,ect.

Everything i learned about this hobby has been from the various incarnations of this thread smile so i am glad it survived the “dark times” (that’s how I’m referring to the forum switch)

(i still hate the smileys of this new forum though they drive me insane, they look smug instead of smiling “lol”)

Ok i’m done rambling. i have caffeine and sitting in front of the keyboard that is never a good combination.

I don’t actually know how long this thread has been going, this is only the second one I’ve done since I took it over from Wolfie.

Kyoto Kid - 21 October 2012 01:46 AM

Nice!

CHEERS!

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7729
Joined  2009-06-11

hey great, likes a lot.  Another urban airborn wink

Image Attachments
hg2.jpg

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Nice,

Looks like Felix Baumgartner has some competition!

CHEERS!

Posted: 21 October 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
ps1borg - 21 October 2012 03:41 AM

hey great, likes a lot.  Another urban airborn wink

...sweet..

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Rogerbee - 21 October 2012 02:39 AM

Nice!

CHEERS!

...Originally planned to use Stonemason’s “The Big City” but alas it was too “Big” for when I added the character it crashed the app before I was even able to render.  Photo backdrops are a nice fallback for “big” scenes but it is important to get the lighting angle and intensity to match. Postwork in an app like PSP (which I used) or PS helps a bit too.

Also make sure the photo used is either your own or from a royalty free site.  I use StockXChng.  Singing up is free and they have loads of nice photos that are free for personal and even commercial use.

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-11-02

Here one with Genesis in Poser 2012..
Skin is Oxygen: MASK By: Syyd @ RDNA

I used it on both the male and female Genesis..

Image Attachments
Masked.jpg

Posted: 22 October 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Very nice,

That’s one thing I do like about Gensesis, that the textures can be universal.

CHEERS!

Posted: 23 October 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11

not realistic ‘cos you don’t see dogs in bars like you used to *wonders why*

Image Attachments
G211012.jpg

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Great render though,

I love the lighting and the reflections in the floor.

CHEERS!

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11

The Bar Interior Is a top notch 3D model, it almost renders itself smile

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13