Digital Art Zone

2 of 98
Realistic Renders…NOT!! 11 “Hello Rogerbee!”
Posted: 18 October 2012 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2007-12-13

Oh, about PP2012 throwing hissy fits, it turns out that it was having ‘multi threaded bending’ turned on that was causing problems. You’ll find it in your general preferences, it it is on when you find it, turn it off.

CHEERS!

Posted: 18 October 2012 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7956
Joined  2009-06-11

Hey good to see the thread back and going. Poser render, not so used to DSON so haz retouched a little around seams.  I liked these eyes:

Image Attachments
N1052R.jpg

Posted: 18 October 2012 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Very nice!

I haven’t got him yet.

CHEERS!

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

After fine tuning Caisson’s set up and a bit of UV swtiching, I’ve done some more M5. The first couple of textures are Phoenix 1966’s Shaw and the last is one of Mec4D’s Hunk textures The first morph is the M5 Tough Guy, the second is a mix of all M5 ones and the Heroic body. and the last is standard. The poses are from Syyd Raven’s Portrait Studio collection.

Enjoy

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
M5_Hunk.jpgM5_Shaw_Tough.jpgM5_Shaw_Mix.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

With a bit of dial spinning and Mec4D’s Byson texture, I did the render below. Her script for changing the diffuse colour still works as it’s dealing with the correct materials.

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
M5_Byson.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

I wanted to see what creature you could do with M5 and Genesis if you didn’t have the creature morphs. It turns out you can do a fair amount. With a few tweaks of the fantasy and sci-fi dials, the results are below. The texture is Shaw and the eyes are from the Gen 4 eye maps collection.

CHEERS!

Image Attachments
M5-Creature-Shaw.jpgM5-Creature-Shaw-Snarl.jpgM5-Creature-Shaw-Roar.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-06-29

Nice renders in this thread.  Thanks for inviting me to post mine here, Rogerbee.  grin

I’m loving the DSON Importer, BTW.  I haven’t had any problems so far but I’ve just
done portrait stuff, playing with the textures and IDL lighting by Syyd and Colm.

This is V5 as Rapunzel.

Image Attachments
V5_DSON_Rapunzel.jpg

Posted: 19 October 2012 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Welcome back Jan!

Very nice render, she reminds me of Daryl Hannah in Splash. I do use parts of Colm’s set up in my renders, but only the cove and sphere. If you do a search for Caisson’s tutorial in the Renderosity Freestuff is it is so worth downloading. All the info he gives is so simple to follow and seems to deliver quality results every time.

I’ll get IDL Studio 2 at some point just to see what it’s like, but may yet find myself returning to his set up. Once I find one I really like, I tend to use it as my default set up.

CHEERS!

Posted: 20 October 2012 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2007-06-19

I Haven’t done anything like this in a while. Couldn’t sleep so i decided to try and do a silent hill-ish picture again.

Image Attachments
Its_too_late_fixed_jpg.jpg
 Signature 

DeviantArt
there ain’t nothin’ to do ‘cept take naps and wait patiently for death!

Autonomous and Illuminated Unity of Territories

the Unimportance of being Bunny

Posted: 20 October 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Very nice,

I doubt many of us will get much sleep after that!

CHEERS!

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2004-12-04

HELLO Rogerbee, Jan, Kyoto Kid, names I recognize and those I do not! It’s great so ‘see’ you all and look at some new and amazing renders! My realistic renders are still of the vampire/creature versions, but there’s my reality. Busy trying to figure out the new DSON and reloading figures etc. A bit slow and behind I’m guessing. Anyway enjoying what you and others have been doing and gives me a push to see what I can achieve.  Onward!

Posted: 20 October 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-06-29

Thanks, Rogerbee.  I just use the defaults for IDL Studio 2.  It’s amazing! 

Wow, that is one spooky render. grin

Hey, Magenta.  grin  Long time, no see.  Hope you’re doing well.

I’m trying to do three things at once.  Carry on a conversation at FB, talk on the phone, and type this message, so if it makes no
sense, I’m sorry.  :-0

Posted: 20 October 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
Magenta - 20 October 2012 09:45 AM

HELLO Rogerbee, Jan, Kyoto Kid, names I recognize and those I do not! It’s great so ‘see’ you all and look at some new and amazing renders! My realistic renders are still of the vampire/creature versions, but there’s my reality. Busy trying to figure out the new DSON and reloading figures etc. A bit slow and behind I’m guessing. Anyway enjoying what you and others have been doing and gives me a push to see what I can achieve.  Onward!

Hello Magenta,

Don’t worry about DSON, I’m sure many of us got stuck on that. If there’s anything you want to know, feel free to ask. After all, the spirit if this thread still remains as it did in previous ones where we talk as much as we render.

You’ll get there

CHEERS!

Posted: 20 October 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2004-12-15

I,m glad this thread is back, but I have one question, Reading all the posts, I get the impression it’s only for Poser. Is there a realistic,,, not thread for Daz?

Posted: 20 October 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Oh, LOL,

Sorry if we gave that impression, anyone is welcome from any platform, if it’s a render, you can post it. If I ever get round to it I’ll be posting some Vue stuff.

CHEERS!

2 of 98