Digital Art Zone

I am new to Bryce
Posted: 05 May 2013 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2010-12-14

I have a question is Bryce only use for background effects and how do you export character from DAZ to Bryce and when you do how do you animate characters in Bryce? I does great rendering for sky and terrains ,but I don’t see nothing for characters animation.

Posted: 05 May 2013 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  428
Joined  2005-11-06

Hi Tony, welcome to Bryce! It’s a great program, I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Regarding exporting characters from DS to Bryce I have a step-by-step tutorial here:
http://brycebasics.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/using-daz-studio-with-bryce.html

I personally don’t do animations so I’m sorry I don’t have answers for that question, but there are a number of tutorials over at Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bryce+animation+tutorial&oq=bryce+ani&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l2.5360.7370.0.9127.9.7.0.2.2.0.201.738.3j3j1.7.0…0.0…1ac.1.11.youtube.4VjfV1Vgdas

The Bryce manual can also be found on this site here, and it contains information on animation.:
http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/artzone/pub/software/bryce/bryce_7_ag_wip_0204.pdf

I hope that helps to get you started.

Signature 

BEGINNERS TUTORIALS FOR BRYCE
MY DAZ 3d STORE  for Bryce & DAZ Studio Materials and Shaders
BRYCE ARENA News and resources for Bryce

Posted: 06 May 2013 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4769
Joined  2004-07-01
tonyma40 - 05 May 2013 09:48 PM

I have a question is Bryce only use for background effects and how do you export character from DAZ to Bryce and when you do how do you animate characters in Bryce? I does great rendering for sky and terrains ,but I don’t see nothing for characters animation.

you can’t do characters animation any more - they took it out of Bryce 7 .

Posted: 21 May 2013 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-09-27

I am new to Bryce too.

I purchased Pro Lenses and Filters today, but got lost again. I am terrible at understanding where to install content. Can you please porvide the content paths to install? I saw where it stated that in the content installation tutorial “The example above shows C:UsersHoroDocumentsDAZ 3DBrycePresets as default which I think is not a clever location. By the way, the content can be installed for all users and then the Horo part will become All Users”
this confused me.
I just wanted to make sure I am going to install it right before doing it and messing things up. I know your understanding of installing contant is far superior to mine being that I suck at it so, I thought to ask.

Thank You for your help,
Jerry

Signature 

I am the mother you always wanted your father to be

Posted: 21 May 2013 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3543
Joined  2004-10-01

I’ve just answered your PM a minute ago. Go have a look.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 26 May 2013 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  0

I too would like to know the best way of installing Bryce content before I purchase alot of stuff.  Also where do I put the files that came with the Bryce mentoring videos so I can use them in Bryce?

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 26 May 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Have you already looked at this document: http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf ?

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 26 May 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1490
Joined  2011-09-25

@Kharma:  If you’ll use this link to Horo’s site , chose the second topic, Bryce Content FAQ, which is a PDF file, he explains where Bryce Content should/can be loaded.  Hope this helps.

Haha…I see Horo beat me to it.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 26 May 2013 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Yup, thank you anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  0

thank you so much smile

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”