Digital Art Zone

6 of 9
Problems with older products (installer doesn`t work)
Posted: 29 May 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15742
Joined  2003-10-09
Dr_Frankenshroom - 29 May 2012 06:31 AM

I can’t reinstall it.  I down loaded it several times and it won’t reinstall ! vampire
Help !

“It” is the Dark Wing product (this is one reason not to place vital information in the subject line only). Moved to the thread on installer problems - Kendall has a tool, linked above, for the job, or you can use a hex editor

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  835
Joined  2003-10-09

The “FixDaz” utility works for me.  I fixed two installers, “Tribal Huts” and “Tribal Props” by Stonemason, both the older installer types I think - I bought them in 2004.  AVG found no virus in the utility download.  The only quirk with the utility is that I could not type directly into either of the file name boxes, I had to use the “Browse” button.  So for the output file name, I had to change it in the window that the “browse” button opens (a Windows Explorer window), since if I selected the file name to get back to the FixDaz utility, I could not change it in the file name window.

But it works, many thanks. 

Probably a bad time to be working at DAZ Support, huh?

- Steve K.

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Steve K - 29 May 2012 10:35 AM

The “FixDaz” utility works for me.  I fixed two installers, “Tribal Huts” and “Tribal Props” by Stonemason, both the older installer types I think - I bought them in 2004.  AVG found no virus in the utility download.  The only quirk with the utility is that I could not type directly into either of the file name boxes, I had to use the “Browse” button.  So for the output file name, I had to change it in the window that the “browse” button opens (a Windows Explorer window), since if I selected the file name to get back to the FixDaz utility, I could not change it in the file name window.

But it works, many thanks. 

Probably a bad time to be working at DAZ Support, huh?

- Steve K.

I deliberately made the text boxes readonly.  With the complexity of these installers’ names, I didn’t want to have to field 1 million mistype messages.  Also, it will refuse to overwrite an existing file.  On Purpose.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  835
Joined  2003-10-09

OK, sounds good.  The blinking cursor in the file name box made me think I could type into it, but I understand your logic.  I wanted to use the same file name for the output, with the word “FIXED” appended, so I had to do this in the window that the “Browse” button opens, before returning to the utility, as I mentioned.  No problem, thanks again.

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Steve K - 29 May 2012 10:46 AM

OK, sounds good.  The blinking cursor in the file name box made me think I could type into it, but I understand your logic.  I wanted to use the same file name for the output, with the word “FIXED” appended, so I had to do this in the window that the “Browse” button opens, before returning to the utility, as I mentioned.  No problem, thanks again.

Yeah.  I probably should have used a statictext or labeltext, but I was in a hurry when I kicked out the initial version.  I wrote the first utility in about 15 minutes after Richard started getting overwhelmed with complaints in the forums.  Then DAZ’s error changed, and I had to go to a different method and I didn’t think to change the interface.

Sorry about that, everyone.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2005-07-25

I’ve tried the 64 Version and it worked for me. Thanks!  grin

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-02-28

Does anybody know where I can get it . All I see when I google it that it is a Windows utility ?

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2004-06-24

Recently I purchased some items from the Daz store these appear to have downloaded OK. Two of the items came with the later type of installers, bitrock and the one which followed, these items installed just fine,no problems. However the other 2 items had the earlier type of installers and these will not open and install. I have downloaded again but still get the same problem.

Has anyone else had issues with earlier installers, or have any thoughts on how to fix it??????

Cheers
GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9617
Joined  2007-11-06

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15742
Joined  2003-10-09
Dr_Frankenshroom - 29 May 2012 12:06 PM

Does anybody know where I can get it . All I see when I google it that it is a Windows utility ?

Assuming you were asking about Kendall’s utility, I’ve added this to the thread on the issue - it’s hard to answer questions that lack the salient information.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2004-06-24

Should have added the 2 problem files are,” ps_ac1886bAlluraHair” and ” ps_ac1990b_MidnightLace”

GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-20

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02

Cool! Thanks Kendall.

I took the liberty of posting about this in a Rendo thread about the same subject. Linked back to here.

There’s probably a thread over at RDNA, too. Anybody registered to post at their forum? Edit: Huh, I don’t see one. Not a lot of Daz shoppers there, I take it. wink Or maybe anything, other than nuts-and-bolts, is off topic, in that forum.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  0

Hi,

back again with more problems :(  I my latest order I bought M3 Casual Clothes and the Preschool Morphs for Luke and Laura.
They download but when I click on the .exe files to run the jobs nothing happens.  The other item I bought did run.  I have tired re-downloading the files but this has not fixed it.  Has anyone had a similar experience and found a way around it?

Thanks.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9617
Joined  2007-11-06

This is a known problem.  You can download a small program to fix the .exe’s here:  http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

6 of 9