Digital Art Zone

5 of 9
Problems with older products (installer doesn`t work)
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1862
Joined  2006-02-17
digitell - 28 May 2012 02:55 PM

This still isnt working for me :(..
Now I get a pop up that says:
‘No error found in a reasonable space.
Assuming no problems.’

after hitting the OK button on that message,
It does create the new exe file. When I try to execute that file I get this pop up:

“This program might not have installed correctly.”
“Reinstall using recommended setting”

“This program installed correctly”

I tried choosing both choices at different times but nothing happens.

Please contact me via email:  “[email protected]

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 May 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

Could a Mac person who is experiencing problems with their installers contact me via PM.  I have a working Mac Fix program, but I need some info from a Maccer who is having problems before I deploy this.

Thanks
Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 May 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2003-10-09

OK email sent to you Kendall

Posted: 28 May 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-09-24

I tried the fix file, but it still doesn’t work, as well as dragonlord horse :(

Posted: 28 May 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-11-12

OK and an other question,

I’ve download Camielle for V4 and have already installed Morph++ but I can’t install this. Or better I don’t found it in Daz studios.
What should I do?

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8774
Joined  2007-11-06

What was the exact path you installed it to?  I don’t know if this product has DAZ Studio-optimized material presets, which would probably be under “DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Victoria 4” in the Content Library tab—if it doesn’t, there would be Poser-optimized presets in “Poser Formats > My Library > Pose”.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

OK, Guys, Gals, and Alien type peoples…

After fighting a finicky compiler and DAZ’s ever changing error messages, I think I may have a utility that will work for most of you.  The preferred method for repair is still a hexeditor, but for those of you just wanting a quick fix, here ya go.

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/

There is a zip file with both 32 and 64 bit exe’s in there.  The 32 bit should work on all systems, but I’ve run into at least 1 tester who needed the 64 bit version to get it to work.  Also, I’ve had a tester who had a problem getting the 32 bit to work with Vista.

I’ve personally tested the exe’s on W7-64, W7-32, and XP-32 environments using all of the installers that I’ve downloaded since the switchover.

If the utility cannot recognize the error messages in the last 64K of the exe file it will quit, but it will leave behind a file named what you selected as the new file.  This is deliberate.  The original installer is copied before it is analysed.

If these can help some people then it will be worth the few hours that I’ve put into them.

EDIT:  I still haven’t heard from any Mac folks.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-11-12

I’ve look to this folder but I can’t found it. The download is an .exe datei but when I click on it nothing happens ( no read me installations screen). Maybe the the reason is Windows 7 or the 64-bit version. I’ve no idea.

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi Andreas64 smile

Check the file size of the installer,. and compare it to what the store product page says it should be.
It’s possible to get a “FAILED” download that creates the correct file icon, but will not run.

Try downloading this file again

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14432
Joined  2003-10-09

Camielle is probably one of the older installers that isn’t working after download. I’m going to merge this with a thread on the issue, and that has a link to a little applet by Kendall Sears that will fix the file.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Kendall, we’ve had one report from someone with a split zip containing files for a tutorial which appears to be suffering the same issue (not surprisingly, adding extra bytes to a partial zip file is bound to get in the way of suturing them back together). Would your utility be able to fix those?

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Richard Haseltine - 29 May 2012 04:53 AM

Kendall, we’ve had one report from someone with a split zip containing files for a tutorial which appears to be suffering the same issue (not surprisingly, adding extra bytes to a partial zip file is bound to get in the way of suturing them back together). Would your utility be able to fix those?

As long as the “appended” error messages are similar to what has been reported in the forums, then it won’t matter what is fed to the utility.  I changed the utility to be non-dependent on the file being an exe, but was not able to do as much testing as I would like before releasing it to the wild.  I see no reason for it *not* to work.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2007-02-28

I can’t reinstall it.  I down loaded it several times and it won’t reinstall ! vampire
Help !

Posted: 29 May 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2005-08-20

Well, what DOES it do?

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

5 of 9