Digital Art Zone

3 of 9
Problems with older products (installer doesn`t work)
Posted: 27 May 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13690
Joined  2003-10-09

SFSC_Construction set will be another older installer, so I’ve merged your thread with the existing thread on the issue. If you look up a few posts kendall Sears has a fix utility until DAZ can deal with the issue.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 May 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17

My utility is available at:

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/fix_daz.zip.html

It is zipped to survive bad downloaders.  This is on a low bandwidth server so don’t get impatient.  It is only about 250K.

If the number of people downloading it gets to be too large I’ll move it to my high bandwidth servers.

EDIT:  I coded it to only do a single file at a time.  Hopefully DAZ will have a fix before this becomes a problem.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-10-25
Kendall Sears - 26 May 2012 05:36 PM

I have written a small utility to make these installers work again by stripping off the bad appendage.  Is any interested in it?

Kendall

Thankyou very much for creating this utility, Kendall.
It worked brilliantly to correct the 5 .exe files that weren’t going to install for me.

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

I’m glad it was useful for you.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-15

A friend can’t install the “Knight Errant for M3”, and I have the same problem with “Knight Errant for David”, but I have my Exec file in two versions: one version before the new website, one version after the new website…

Currently, all Exec files are corrupted!
I have opened the file with Notepad++ and at the end of the file we have this two PHP errors:

Fatal errorCall to undefined method Pisc_Downloadplus_DownloadController::clearConncurrentDownload() in
/var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/local/Pisc/Downloadplus/controllers/DownloadController.php
on line 106

Fatal error
: Class 'Mage' not found in
/var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 244 

I have found this line in “13366_GenesisBracersMetaData_1.1_ds.exe”, “13366_GenesisBracers_1.1_trx.exe”, “ps_ac1522_KnightErrant.exe”, “ps_ac1522_KnightErrant2.exe”, “13366_GenesisBracers_1.1_trx.zip”...

This bug is in all files for PC and Mac!

Thanks to inform your webmaster smile

Image Attachments
DazFilesBug.jpg

Posted: 28 May 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-13

I am having a similar issue with MyLinV4…  Trying to install it on Windows 7, it starts then fails.  Windows 7 lists it as an impompabible file :(.  Now before anyone says contact support all I get is the following:
{lang:logged_in_as} 
{lang:your_profile}
{lang:your_control_panel}
{lang:memberlist}
{lang:view_new_topics}  ·  {lang:view_active_topics}  ·  {lang:view_pending_topics}  ·  {lang:mark_all_read} 
{include:private_message_box}

Being trying for about a week now.  No joy installing or contacting :(

Posted: 28 May 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
ile-avalon - 28 May 2012 12:06 AM

Thanks to inform your webmaster smile

Thank you, but this is a known issue - for Windows Kendall has a fix, as noted above in the thread I’ve merged your thread with.

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

So that error is added to ALL files now? It only errors out the old installers and lets the new installers run. That explains why ALL my DAZ downloads now get flagged and quarantined by my AV. That stupid code looks Moderately Bad to my AV. It needs fixed soonest. I will not be running my new PC without AV just to buy from DAZ anytime again soon.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 28 May 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-09-24

I purchased Rogue for V4 and when i install the exe on my PC : nothing….

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
alexandre01 - 28 May 2012 07:46 AM

I purchased Rogue for V4 and when i install the exe on my PC : nothing….

See Kendall’s post further up the page for a fix, until DAZ can resolve the issue.

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

Is this a problem for the macs as well?  If so, I can create a Mac version of the utility.  Let me know.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-12-15

Forgive me please, Im writing here but all help links to DAZ are not active ( for me at least - blank screen) and I have only returned mails.

I bought Celestial product ( hair,pak, jewels)  and Im not able to install it. Exe files are not active.
All other products ( and ive bought lot of them during years ) are OK. Only this one. PC is completely OK ( Im advanced)

I suppose installer is damaged .

But :

Like to contact DAZ to let them know this product is damaged or any other idea what should I do?

Thank you very much

Gabriel

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15323
Joined  2003-10-09

Pop over and have a look at this thread

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/217/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-01-19

Dear Friends:

I am trying to re download a product I purchased some time ago.  “ArtemisX” and it’s expansion.  I am using Firefox, and when I down load the file appears in the download directory but it will not install.  I double click the icon and after about ten seconds I get a dialog box asking it the file installed properly.  This is happening with every product I have tried to re-download from my order history.

In the order history I press the reset button and get a list of available downloads, but I can not get any of them to open once downloaded.

Help me please

Andy

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15323
Joined  2003-10-09

Please take a look at this thread about the issue.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/217/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

3 of 9