Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
Griffin Wings, Griffin Wings Daz Horse2, and Griffin Lord(Out Soon) (Commercial )
Posted: 04 May 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2007-09-11
I never could say no to a pair of feathered wings. Bring on the Griffin Lord!

Posted: 04 May 2013 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  897
Joined  2010-05-08
midnight_stories - 04 May 2013 05:44 PM
Zawarkal - 04 May 2013 04:40 PM
are they usable with mil horse 1 or will I have to get #2 to use them

OK just downloaded the mil horse 1 and tried them out they seem to work without any problems all they need is a few tweaks with the adjustment dials and they fit fine. Remember this is in DS4.5 only, here some pics to prove it.

wonderful, always wanted to create a pegasus
 Signature 

IF is the Life of Matter ~ UTO

Posted: 05 May 2013 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2010-03-13
All of these products will most likely end up in my cart. The Griffin Wings are just plain beautiful with regards to the look and how they pose and they look a bit like Sphinx wings in certain poses (Greek mythology like Delphi Sphinx) - by the by wouldn't mind a Sphinx morph for Horse 2 actually wink These wings should work for certain story characters I got in mind and also for statues. As for the Griffin Lord, apart from the general shape I quite like that it comes with tattoo options additionally.

One question though, the textures between Genesis and Horse 2 wings are interchangeable or do they differ?

Regardless of the answer to that this looks like three products I have to look out for in the end smile

Posted: 05 May 2013 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2005-02-25
Renpatsu - 05 May 2013 04:06 AM
All of these products will most likely end up in my cart. The Griffin Wings are just plain beautiful with regards to the look and how they pose and they look a bit like Sphinx wings in certain poses (Greek mythology like Delphi Sphinx) - by the by wouldn't mind a Sphinx morph for Horse 2 actually wink These wings should work for certain story characters I got in mind and also for statues. As for the Griffin Lord, apart from the general shape I quite like that it comes with tattoo options additionally.

One question though, the textures between Genesis and Horse 2 wings are interchangeable or do they differ?

Regardless of the answer to that this looks like three products I have to look out for in the end smile

Yes they are made from the same mesh so the mats will work both ways. Thanks for the kind words hope you enjoy them !!!
 Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 05 May 2013 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1518
Joined  2010-03-15
So these do not work in DS3? Do the Poser wings?
 Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 05 May 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  2012-02-04
As he said the wings are weightmapped, even in Poser, they won't work in DS3.
 Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 05 May 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1518
Joined  2010-03-15
cwichura - 05 May 2013 12:27 PM
As he said the wings are weightmapped, even in Poser, they won't work in DS3.

Bummer :(

And I don't really know what weightmapping is ... lol. I just play with the stuff. I leave the technical stuff to others.

Thanks, though.
 Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 11 May 2013 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
OK the Griffin wings have just been released the horse wing and griffin lord are pass QA and in the art Dept. Hope you enjoy!
 Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2013 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2332
Joined  2005-09-05
jakiblue - 04 May 2013 02:01 AM
midnight_stories - 03 May 2013 11:50 PM
........ the Utube video I was totally packing death,

and if i hadn't already known you were a fellow aussie, the "packing death" would have confirmed it. *laughs* :D

too true!!! lol

Are the wings geografted or conforming only?

Love the wings either way...
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 11 May 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
Conforming only that's why they can fit any figure with a chest. Plus poser can't do the geo-graft stuff I tried to aim for the biggest market I could.
 Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
midnight_stories - 11 May 2013 05:56 PM
Conforming only that's why they can fit any figure with a chest. Plus poser can't do the geo-graft stuff I tried to aim for the biggest market I could.
Fair enough...
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 11 May 2013 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5355
Joined  2008-03-06
I prefer conforming for something like this. Geograft usually only works with the body texture it's made for, and with wings that's a bad idea.
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 11 May 2013 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 11 May 2013 06:58 PM
I prefer conforming for something like this. Geograft usually only works with the body texture it's made for, and with wings that's a bad idea.

I've been thinking about this issue and was wondering if anyone had created lie presets to help blend the geografts? If it was done in the same colour as the geograft it could ease the transition from the graft texture to the character texture....
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 11 May 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5355
Joined  2008-03-06
Pendraia - 11 May 2013 07:15 PM

I've been thinking about this issue and was wondering if anyone had created lie presets to help blend the geografts? If it was done in the same colour as the geograft it could ease the transition from the graft texture to the character texture....

The geograft does not share the UV map of the main body, it just blends with it at the edges. So you'd need a separate LIE preset for the body and the graft, and you'd have to blend them in the same way the original was made (probably in a 3d program). That's not impossible, but it's hard enough that the people who could do it are probably just making a body texture to go with their geografted piece.
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 11 May 2013 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 11 May 2013 07:23 PM
Pendraia - 11 May 2013 07:15 PM

The geograft does not share the UV map of the main body, it just blends with it at the edges. So you'd need a separate LIE preset for the body and the graft, and you'd have to blend them in the same way the original was made (probably in a 3d program). That's not impossible, but it's hard enough that the people who could do it are probably just making a body texture to go with their geografted piece.
Fair enough...
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

2 of 6