Digital Art Zone

New with bryce
Posted: 03 May 2013 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-21

Have looked at tutorials.  They are very good and got be started.  I am trying to make a section of the Great wall of China.  On thing was how do you precise make curves and straights in the canvas?  Also what setting makes it perfectly straight up?  I checked settings but could not figure it out. It always makes the sides slanted.  I Used GIMP to do the test by drawing a wide line then one darker and narrower that it right down the middle.  It sort of worked but the sides were slanted.

I got a good brick texture which looked good. 

Thanks.

Posted: 03 May 2013 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2003-10-09

Use the Hardness control.  (Before painting on the canvas, click on it, then drag one way or the other until it changes.)

Image Attachments
screenshot,_bryce_hardness.png

Posted: 04 May 2013 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3822
Joined  2004-10-01

@marinwestend - so you’re using the Terrain Editor for that task. Good idea. However, it is tricky to get precise straight lines or bent lines with a particular radius. I recommend working with a graphics package, which may give you the desired result faster and easier.

The important thing to remember is that what was drafted must be exported or saved as 16-bit greyscale TIFF. This picture can then be imported into the TE and further modified, if necessary. 8-bit pictures give terraces and are unusable in most cases. A 24 bit colour image is actually only an 8 bit (per colour).

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **