Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Maddening!!
Posted: 03 May 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  341
Joined  2003-11-24

So I’ve done quite well with DazStudio 2.3 for the past several years, limited to that because my MacBook wouldn’t run any later version.  I’m quite comfortable with the interface and have never regretted my move from Poser 6 to D|S..

Until now. I got my settlement for the accident I had in 2011 and went out to upgrade my system. A Brand new MacBook Pro with 1GB of VRAM and a Quad core processor running OS 10.7.5.. I was psyched, until I downloaded D|S 4 and discovered that the migration of my old runtimes didn’t take.

Not entirely, they do show up, but many of my DAZ products don’t cross over.  David 3 is my primary figure and none of his morphs will register..

And then I thought I’d dive into Genesis (finally) so I popped the $30 bucks for the bundle of Gen3 shapes so I could keep using my massive content library… I’ve installed it three times with varying install options, but D|S 4 STILL DOESN’T SHOW THEM!!!

So please step back from the high horse of having used Genesis for a couple of years and someone let me know what I’m doing wrong? I’m not looking forward to installing 87+GB of content from scratch… The time I’ll lose in productivity alone would be crushing..

help? long face

Posted: 03 May 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12

I don’t know how to help you migrate your content, though I’m sure someone else will come along to help. Have you considered using the DIM install manager? It works quite well and makes installing your new products so much easier.

Posted: 03 May 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1740
Joined  2012-04-14

I need to check but I think you have to go to the shaping tab to find them with Genesis loaded.

Posted: 03 May 2013 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2829
Joined  2006-07-31
MADMANMIKE - 03 May 2013 12:38 PM

So please step back from the high horse of having used Genesis for a couple of years and someone let me know what I’m doing wrong? I’m not looking forward to installing 87+GB of content from scratch… The time I’ll lose in productivity alone would be crushing..

help? long face

Load Genesis on scene and select full Genesis figure, not a bodypart. I’m using DS 4.5.1.6 and for me Iconic Shapes are located under Actor/Female/Real World or Actor/Male/Real World. You can access Actor from either Parameter or Shaping Tab. Additionally, separate Iconic head morphs are also under Actor/Head/Female/Real World or Actor/Head/Male/Real World.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 03 May 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8528
Joined  2007-11-06

Unlike the older figures you don’t need to inject morphs in Genesis—they’re all there when you load a new Genesis.  The dials are in the Parameters or Shaping panes.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 03 May 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
fixmypcmike - 03 May 2013 01:03 PM

Unlike the older figures you don’t need to inject morphs in Genesis—they’re all there when you load a new Genesis.  The dials are in the Parameters or Shaping panes.

Yes, this is important feature too. As soon as you installed morphs, you can use them in Genesis.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

As you can see in this screenshot, I have the total body selected, and there is no listing for the body shapes of V3 or M3; also note on the left further proof that they’ve been installed in that the directory actually shows the uninstallers.. I can’t imagine why they would as 1, I didn’t want the blasted uninstallers on my computer, and 2, I can’t access them through the program..

As to DlM, I’m in rural Missouri where it costs $20 a month for ‘high speed internet, up to 1.5MB” that is actually averaging about 200k…

I just spoke with a friend and he said it took him 3 days to reinstall all his content when he got a new computer… and he’s only been collecting content for half as long as I have…

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2013-05-03_at_3.11_.13_PM_.png

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2010-03-13

It looks a bit strange that you see the uninstaller directories in the Content Library pane. Can you post perhaps a screenshots of how both the Daz Studio and Poser directories are setup in the Content Directory Manager? It might just be an issue with wrong entries there.

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2003-10-09

Let me guess you don’t have Gen-x right?

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Greycat - 03 May 2013 02:27 PM

Gen-X? I don’t know what you mean.. I’ve got all of generations 1, 2, 3, and 4…

And all of my content is in Poser Directories.. I started on Poser so that’s where I install them, in my specific Poser directories.. One for Daz Folk, one for Clothing, one for Armor and Weapons, one for Animals, etc..

So now I’m thinking I just answered my own question.. Because none of my DAZ figures were actually installed directly to D|S before this Shapes for Genesis, it doesn’t know what to do…

<sigh>

Alright, here comes the longest most excruciating weekend I’ve had since I woke up in the Hospital on a Friday in traction 17 months ago… And now I don’t have a morphine drip to ease the pain…

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Oh, I don’t suppose anyone knows of a way to import my D|S 2.3 content library to D|S 4, do they? I mean the years worth of saved files of full scenes and ready made characters, not base content..

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2010-03-13
MADMANMIKE - 03 May 2013 02:35 PM

Oh, I don’t suppose anyone knows of a way to import my D|S 2.3 content library to D|S 4, do they? I mean the years worth of saved files of full scenes and ready made characters, not base content..

When I did the switch from DS3 to DS4 I basically only pointed DS4 to the same directory I already had and it worked quite well for me. I am not sure if DS2 is different in that regard though.

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2003-10-09

http://www.daz3d.com/software/plugins-utilities/genesis-generation-x
You’ll need this plugin to transfer the morphs to genisis, which is what I assume you want to do.
http://www.daz3d.com/software/plugins-utilities/genx-addon-gen3-bundle Is this what you purchased.
AFIK content from DAZ 2.3 will not work in DAZ 4.5, sorry it’s just too old (too many changes)

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-12-26

Why not have both versions of Daz studio installed? That way you can still access and render your older scenes and still take advantage of all the newest bells and whistles with Daz 4.5 and Genesis.

As for the morphs that you purchased not showing up when Genesis is selected I have to ask if you installed the bundle of Genesis Gen 3 morphs to the exact same place as where you installed Genesis?

If you didn’t then it won’t be a part of Genesis as all of its morphs are installed into the Genesis data folder. That is found under Daz/Studio/My Library/ (all other folders including the runtime for daz studio as well as the data folder are found here).

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

Greycat, he doesn’t need Gen-X to solve his current problem. The problem as I see it is that Genesis doesn’t see additional installed morphs. There are products called Iconic Shapes for Genesis (for various Gen 3 and Gen 4 morphs) and we spoke about using those.

MADMANMIKE, I’m not sure about your folder structure, but I installed Genesis Essential into external runtime, say, C:\Content_DS45, and I installed all Genesis morphs into the same folder, and they show for me. Don’t forget to map that folder with F2 (Preferences) -> Content Library

You can map your DS 2 content folder (both Poser and DS if you had them) in the same place in DS 4.5 without need to reinstall everything. Older lights and shaders might not work or work differently (like pwSurface) but many were updated for DS 4.5 and you can only install new versions.

Signature 

Posted: 03 May 2013 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
MADMANMIKE - 03 May 2013 02:15 PM

As you can see in this screenshot, I have the total body selected, and there is no listing for the body shapes of V3 or M3; also note on the left further proof that they’ve been installed in that the directory actually shows the uninstallers.. I can’t imagine why they would as 1, I didn’t want the blasted uninstallers on my computer, and 2, I can’t access them through the program..

As to DlM, I’m in rural Missouri where it costs $20 a month for ‘high speed internet, up to 1.5MB” that is actually averaging about 200k…

I just spoke with a friend and he said it took him 3 days to reinstall all his content when he got a new computer… and he’s only been collecting content for half as long as I have…

Where at in Missouri. I live in Belton, which is just south of KC.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

1 of 3