Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
...4.5 stalling out with Silkessence and Fisty’s Sparkles
Posted: 07 May 2013 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...OK, here it is.  Had to transfer from the other system.

Image Attachments
content_manager.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 07 May 2013 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Kyoto Kid - 07 May 2013 01:01 AM

...OK, here it is.  Had to transfer from the other system.

Okay it’s all fine EXCEPT the bottom Daz Studio folder, in Win7 you can not have any Content in the Programs folders. Just move that one and Remap it. You might add it to the Poser section at bottom as well if it has a Runtime inside it. Other than that it’s 100%.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 May 2013 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...but Studio3A always installed into the Programme Files folder by default (at least in XP). If I move that, won’t it break a lot of existing paths which in turn will pretty much trash all my current and WIP scene files?

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2013 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

No all the paths are Relative and addressed within the folder. Just do not rename the folder only Move it and Remap it.

To test this do this instead, COPY it to another place, then point DS to the Copy and just remove the old Path from your list. Then test everything. Once you see if all is well, then and only then remove the folder from the Programs Files folder.

By the way my last PC was XP and my content was in that path as well. I moved it without any problems.

And here is my DS3A content on my PC right now.

Image Attachments
Capture4.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 07 May 2013 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...I rarely ever use the “Documents” folders and even have Word and Excel redirect files to more “pertinent” folders folders on my desktop (on the XP machine - don’t have any office productivity software installed on the workstation).  Just one less hoop to jump through.

If I’m not correct the one i would normally install into is locked and I have no access to it even though I have admin status.  I have no secondary accounts set up as I am the only one using the workstation.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2013 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Kyoto Kid - 07 May 2013 02:23 AM

...I rarely ever use the “Documents” folders and even have Word and Excel redirect files to more “pertinent” folders folders on my desktop (on the XP machine - don’t have any office productivity software installed on the workstation).  Just one less hoop to jump through.

If I’m not correct the one i would normally install into is locked and I have no access to it even though I have admin status.  I have no secondary accounts set up as I am the only one using the workstation.

Sorry was so long getting back, I needed some sleep. You do not need to use Documents, any folder will do. I just dropped mine there to get DS3A up and running fast.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2013 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...no problem, sleep is good, just ask any feline.

So if I move the Folder to the “C” Root and remap it, I should be OK? 

I looked at what was there, and yes, all the Omnifreaker stuff is in that folder so that most likely was the reason for the hangups.

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2013 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

So Studio definitely has a bug with switching shader type when a mat pose is applied.  I just had it go Not Responding applying a human skin (that uses the DAZ Default Shader) to one of the Bot Genesis geografts (which had the Skin material set to the BotMetal custom shader that they load with by default).  So it’s not specifically going from Default to one of the advanced shaders; it happens going back as well.

And I doubt it’s my content library layout.  I have only one content folder, and it lives in /Users.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 08 May 2013 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

The Default Ds shaders are known to be buggy. I think they need recompiled.

@KK any none Protected Folder should do, that should work fine.

Signature 

2 of 2