2 of 2
file size
Posted: 28 April 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6110
Joined  2007-12-04
evilproducer - 28 April 2013 07:31 AM

I’m working on a complex terrain set. I started as Andy and Dart suggested and set up a folder specifically for the scene I’m working on. I’ve tried to use as many procedural shaders a possible, but I have had to use texture maps. I also needed distribution maps, so there’s a sub folder for those things. I made objects, so I’ve created a folder for those. If the end user wishes to add the folder with the objects his browser, he/she can do so, or he/she could just drop items from the scene in their own categories. Here’s a screen shot of my folder, along with the unzipped size and for comparison, the zipped size of the folder.

Oh yeah, the scene is saved locally with no compression.

...and when I got this setup I placed the whole works into:
C:\ Program Files:\ DAZ3D:\ Carrara 8:\ Scenes:\ landscape2

now it shows up perfectly within the browser without me having to add a folder to the bottom.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 28 April 2013 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6110
Joined  2007-12-04

ManStan…
For Carrara, anything works, and Carraraists are used to adding folders in their own way. New folks might ask you what to do… then you just tell them.

I am not trying to tell you that one way is better, I was just answering the posts, is all there was to that.

You can do it however you want. It’s so simple for us on the other end to do with it what we will.smile
Good luck with all… and I’m looking forward to jamming on that stage. Maybe I’ll give Rosie a guitar and see how she is on it!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

2 of 2