Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Free Clothing Prop For Genesis Female!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 27 April 2013 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2005-02-25

First, i’ll start by saying thank you for sharing!!  It takes bravery to share a freebie the first time, especially when comments can be mean instead of encouraging! No fun!
So here’s a ton of HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH for you smile

I don’t know much bout MD, except that its crazy expensive….haha!
People obviously have different views about what is good or ‘crap’ (I personally love optitex stuff…. sad that Optitex reneged, but major kudos to Martin who still works hard to keep making dynamics all on his own!)  If you find something that works for you, sure!  It just matters that you like what you’re doing.smile

If you model for genesis though, keep in mind that to rig clothes for Genesis, clothing needs to be made to fit the BASE default genesis shape.  If you create clothes for Genesis, I could help you rig them.  This particular suit was easy. I split them up, rigged the back of the top as a skirt, and auto rigged the pants.  I put shaders on them and it worked wonderfully. smile

Hey, i can rig things now, but i can’t model much.  So we all learn different things in different orders

Don’t let this get you down! smile Great work, it just needs a few more steps to make it a finished clothing item to use in Daz Studio or Poser. smile

Posted: 27 April 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  759
Joined  2006-06-12
Bejaymac - 26 April 2013 04:10 PM

1) When making content for Genesis you NEED to built it around the default shape and not around a morphed shape like you have.

This is a major misconception, totally untrue, and may eventually lead to Armageddon (if you doubt me, I will link back to this very post when and if Armageddon occurs in a few months).  Anyway,  if you’re making clothing with a specific end shape or gender in mind, you really should either model it around that end shape or at least the appropriate gendered base. 

For example

1) model around base female
2) load model into studio
3) load genesis
4) in this case, set genesis shape to base fem
5) using the transfer utility make sure you have “current” selected in both item shape boxes
6) check “reverse source shape from target box”
7) run transfer
  7b) if resulting neuter mesh is fugly, take it back into your modeler and clean it up
  7c) bring less fugly neuter mesh back into studio and transfer the rigging from default genesis (again)
9) load your original base fem mesh in as a morph target for the neuter item, call it fbmbasicfemale to overwrite the auto generated shape (studio has already forgotten about your original clothing shape)
10) use your base fem shape as a starting point for other female bodyshape morphs that you make in your modeler

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2224
Joined  2005-09-05
Joequick - 27 April 2013 05:29 PM

1) When making content for Genesis you NEED to built it around the default shape and not around a morphed shape like you have.

This is a major misconception, totally untrue, and may eventually lead to Armageddon (if you doubt me, I will link back to this very post when and if Armageddon occurs in a few months).  Anyway,  if you’re making clothing with a specific end shape or gender in mind, you really should either model it around that end shape or at least the appropriate gendered base.

LOL…I thought that there were two important things when modelling around a shape other than the original base:

1. Make sure that you have genesis at 100% scale when exporting.

2. Make sure you tick Reverse Source shape from target in the options and change default shape to current/morph/clone depending on what you are doing.

I do know that works when creating morphs for clothing as I’ve done it.

I think that there is still lots of unknowns when creating clothing for Genesis, little tricks that we will get better at as we learn more about how to do it.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 28 April 2013 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1711
Joined  2010-10-10

I always model my clothing on Genesis base, even those I have made in MD.  Most of those I had done using the female shape didn’t transfer well enough, and were not very smooth under the bust area.

I will download the item and let you know what I think.

Good luck with your modelling, I know how daunting it is when you first start to give away free items you have made. Don’t give up!!:-):-)

Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 28 April 2013 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1711
Joined  2010-10-10

Well I had to re-UV map the textures first, but I loaded the object into Daz at 100% and it came in the correct size!

I then shaped Genesis to basic female and ran the transfer utility and it worked fine. Shaped Genesis to V4 and apart from the bust not being as smooth as I would have liked, it was OK.

Just one problem area, and I find this in a lot of MD clothing - the back has a large ruck which need smoothing out in a modelling program.

Otherwise a good first attempt.grin

Here is an image to show what I mean.

Image Attachments
_Test_Image_1.png_Test_Image_2.png
 Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 28 April 2013 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4912
Joined  2012-04-07

For example

1) model around base female
2) load model into studio
3) load genesis
4) in this case, set genesis shape to base fem
5) using the transfer utility make sure you have “current” selected in both item shape boxes
6) check “reverse source shape from target box”
7) run transfer
  7b) if resulting neuter mesh is fugly, take it back into your modeler and clean it up
  7c) bring less fugly neuter mesh back into studio and transfer the rigging from default genesis (again)
9) load your original base fem mesh in as a morph target for the neuter item, call it fbmbasicfemale to overwrite the auto generated shape (studio has already forgotten about your original clothing shape)
10) use your base fem shape as a starting point for other female bodyshape morphs that you make in your modeler

I’ve also found modeling around the basic Genesis figure [nothing dialed in] tends to produce better results and less work-a-round fixes being required. However using Wilmap’s 100% import [which I gather is the Daz size import for 1cm] the item did load on the figure. [With the also common Poser settings the item comes in HUGE] And I used the steps 1-7 and it worked! Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2013 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4532
Joined  2004-08-11
Pendraia - 27 April 2013 07:16 PM

LOL…I thought that there were two important things when modelling around a shape other than the original base:

1. Make sure that you have genesis at 100% scale when exporting.

2. Make sure you tick Reverse Source shape from target in the options and change default shape to current/morph/clone depending on what you are doing.

I do know that works when creating morphs for clothing as I’ve done it.

I think that there is still lots of unknowns when creating clothing for Genesis, little tricks that we will get better at as we learn more about how to do it.

True that esp about your 1. point.  When making fit morphs for the SuperCape for Genesis and dialing up Freak 5 or Mr. Hyde to create those morphs in ZBrush I found things not so forgiving so looked in the params and found that both shapes had their default scale set up higher than 100%.  So put each shape at 100%, GoZ to ZBrush and redid the fit morphs and worked beautifully.  When the fix was in place I then went back to the parama, clicked on the little gear icon under Scale and it pops up a little menu and clicked “Reset” and up popped the full sized version of each shape and the fix remained good.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

2 of 2