Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Terrific Fairy Book by Carrara user :)
Posted: 26 April 2013 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1992
Joined  2008-01-28

Hya, you probably know David Collins, one of the hard workers who toils on the Carrara magazine along with Danas Jetbird et al.
Well David has a new book on blurb. He’s worked hard on it - I’ve been watching his blog for a while. It’s well worthwhile having a squiz at.

Link here http://www.blurb.com/books/2691796-fairies-of-another-sort

Cheers

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 26 April 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

FUN! I hadn’t heard of Blurb…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 26 April 2013 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-01-22

Wow that was really good smile gorgeous and good!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted: 26 April 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6090
Joined  2007-12-04

Thanks for that, HeadWax…
I’ll (not) watch out for those little wee - ones! Unless they need my help, of course.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 26 April 2013 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1113
Joined  2010-11-30

Very cool.  Have to show that to a friend of mine who owns a shop that specializes in fairy art.

Posted: 27 April 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2006-08-21

Wow! Thank you all for looking. smile I’m glad you like it.

All the images in the book were created in Carrara 8 Pro. I had a great fun putting it all together. I’ve just started working on a new book of fairies (‘cause I just like them). I’ll be using Carrara again along with Poser and the new Reality plugin. Poser and Reality are great, but Carrara is much faster.

I’ve learned a lot since the last book, so hopefully the new one will be even better. I haven’t been to Carrara Cafe in a while. I’ll have to see if there’s a place for wips, so I can post the new images as they come.

Thanks again for all the great comments. Made my day. (and a special thanks to Andrew)

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 27 April 2013 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
booksbydavid - 27 April 2013 01:57 PM

I’ve learned a lot since the last book, so hopefully the new one will be even better. I haven’t been to Carrara Cafe in a while. I’ll have to see if there’s a place for wips, so I can post the new images as they come.

Sure! Just start a new topic:
http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/

I’d be very interested in hearing your workflow, and also your opinions on publishing in print. cool smile

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 27 April 2013 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15589
Joined  2003-10-09

Hmm don’t encourage David to post them elsewhere.  We really enjoyed seeing him working on all the images in this foirst book, when he was posting them in the ART Studio Forum here, cool smirk

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 April 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-21
holly wetcircuit - 27 April 2013 02:06 PM
booksbydavid - 27 April 2013 01:57 PM

Sure! Just start a new topic:
http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/

I’d be very interested in hearing your workflow, and also your opinions on publishing in print. cool smile

I’d have to start two topics,then. I don’t know if I could stand the strain. lol

I’d be very glad to share what I know. I’ll have to get my thoughts together and give it a go.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 27 April 2013 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-21
chohole - 27 April 2013 02:10 PM

Hmm don’t encourage David to post them elsewhere.  We really enjoyed seeing him working on all the images in this foirst book, when he was posting them in the ART Studio Forum here, cool smirk

An artist can never have his work showing in too many places.

Can he? smile

I’m really excited about this next batch of fairies. Every image is a new challenge and working in two different programs (Carrara and Poser) just makes it more fun.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 28 April 2013 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6090
Joined  2007-12-04

I wouldn’t think he could. Especially when it’s something really cool, that all should see.

Man, you should just take that whole idea that you’ve begun and run with it now. Just embellish and cut loose - for I wouldn’t think that it would ever really need to end… ever. Book after book on fairies and what they do - what they look like. I really enjoyed your book and look forward to more of where ever your imagination takes you.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 28 April 2013 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Wow smile

Really nice images there David,... Congratulations.

Posted: 28 April 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-21
Dartanbeck - 28 April 2013 01:06 AM

Man, you should just take that whole idea that you’ve begun and run with it now. Just embellish and cut loose - for I wouldn’t think that it would ever really need to end… ever. Book after book on fairies and what they do - what they look like. I really enjoyed your book and look forward to more of where ever your imagination takes you.

If I run I might fall down. LOL

I think I might manage a fast walk though.

I’m glad you like my fairies. They really are a combination of two of my favorite art subjects, fairies and pinups, so they’re actually fairy pinups. I have another series I did a while ago called ‘Odd Girls’. Those images are on my website under the Projects heading. I keep coming back to both fairies and odd girls. My only real problem is I can’t get my wife to paint herself blue and dress up like a fairy.LOL

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 28 April 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-21
3DAGE - 28 April 2013 09:20 AM

Wow smile

Really nice images there David,... Congratulations.

Thank you very much.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 28 April 2013 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  771
Joined  2003-10-09
booksbydavid - 27 April 2013 06:38 PM

I’m really excited about this next batch of fairies. Every image is a new challenge and working in two different programs (Carrara and Poser) just makes it more fun.

Very nice, and a good intro to Blurb which I had not heard of.

I do short animations in Carrara, and have very little need for Poser anymore.  I’m curious if you’ve found limitations in Carrara, where you need Poser.

Steve K.

Posted: 28 April 2013 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5185
Joined  2006-08-27

Very nice David!

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

1 of 2