Digital Art Zone

I’m probably out of luck here
Posted: 14 June 2012 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2009-10-14

Is there a utility that can pull all the files in a scene so that they could be packaged?  If not, then is there a way to get a list of all those files?

Thanks

Posted: 14 June 2012 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31

The new .DUF file in the DAZ4.5 RC should give you a list I would think?

I haven’t actually installed it yet, but as I understand it, in theory that should work?

Posted: 14 June 2012 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14324
Joined  2003-10-09

Remember that you can’t package and share content that isn’t your own creation, unless the license explicitly allows redistribution. A .duf file avoids that by including references to the content, so that it will open correctly only if the destination system also has the files installed.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 June 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-14

I’m just trying to transfer scenes between my home computer and my work computer without having to transfer the entire runtime.  I can’t do that because I have limited shared space on the work system.

Any clues as to what I’d need to do?  I’m pretty sure just transferring the /content directory isn’t going to work.  In particular the work system is 32bit Vista and the home system is 64bit Win 7.

Posted: 15 June 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14324
Joined  2003-10-09

OS differences shouldn’t matter, but you are going to have problems if you want to do a selective transfer. I don’t suppose you have an external drive, that you’d be able to use n both systems, that would hold your content?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14
Bongzilla - 14 June 2012 10:07 PM

I’m just trying to transfer scenes between my home computer and my work computer without having to transfer the entire runtime.  I can’t do that because I have limited shared space on the work system.

Any clues as to what I’d need to do?  I’m pretty sure just transferring the /content directory isn’t going to work.  In particular the work system is 32bit Vista and the home system is 64bit Win 7.

You pretty much have to have identical content on each machine.  If you’re certain you have that, you can fall back to sync utility or even xcopy with the archive bit to copy only changed/updated files.  Without base-content in common though I can’t think of an easy way to do it.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17
adamr001 - 15 June 2012 08:21 AM
Bongzilla - 14 June 2012 10:07 PM

You pretty much have to have identical content on each machine.  If you’re certain you have that, you can fall back to sync utility or even xcopy with the archive bit to copy only changed/updated files.  Without base-content in common though I can’t think of an easy way to do it.

I have this feature on the list to add this to my .duf utility.  Effectively collecting the files from the data directory and runtime directories and creating a single archive that can get written to a CD-R/DVD-R for archival.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 16 June 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-14

[quote author=“Kendall Sears” date=“1339772369”

I have this feature on the list to add this to my .duf utility.  Effectively collecting the files from the data directory and runtime directories and creating a single archive that can get written to a CD-R/DVD-R for archival.

Kendall

Something like that would be awesome.  :D