Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Chit chat and nattering
Posted: 17 June 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9072
Joined  2004-07-21

I thought the nomadic people go to Florida for the winter.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
Richard Haseltine - 17 June 2012 12:52 PM

“The best of the sunshine will be in the south-east”. No, you wretched weather personage, the best of the sunshine will be where there’s a little cloud to break it up and an nice cool breeze to take the edge off it. But the radio people never lsiten when I tell them that.

ROTFL.

Our weather presenters (who always put a positive spin on it, for the tourists), have decided to redefine “hot” as 100F or more.

I’ve woken neighbors, while watching late night news… “97 is not warm! It’s freakin’ hot!”

Really? 100 F = 37.8 C? I will never figure out Celsius. 7/9+ your waist size, or something? Do we have to convert waist size from inches to cm?

The metric system is soo simple, all 10’s, until it gets to temperature. A meter is close enough to a yard, a mile is a value-sized kilometer.
Liters I’m a little shaky on, I never really got the hang of the gallon, due to all the weird container shapes.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17125
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 17 June 2012 12:52 PM

“The best of the sunshine will be in the south-east”. No, you wretched weather personage, the best of the sunshine will be where there’s a little cloud to break it up and an nice cool breeze to take the edge off it. But the radio people never lsiten when I tell them that.

lol, Ain’t that the truth.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Miss Bad Wolf - 17 June 2012 01:01 PM

I thought the nomadic people go to Florida for the winter.

That does sound nice. Or Hawaii. But I kinda like our winters, most daytimes are generally brisk to warm-in-the-sunlight.

The daytime cold is usually just enough to change things up. About half the rains are warm, the rest are freezing.
Sometimes it gets pretty cold, in the day, though. The winter nights are cold, of course.
The freezes are sparse enough to be referred to as freezes. Always a lot of cover-your-plants & pipes news stories.

Most people who come to Callie in the winter are expecting L. A. weather throughout the state though.

Every rainstorm brings a news story about a disappointed tourist.

It’s funny when it rains in LA - they panic. And they’re in their cars. ohh
Plenty of people up here are the same way, though. You can hear traffic speed up when the rain first starts, it’s crazy.
Not funny when your in traffic at the time, though.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I rather like our Winters.  We rarely got Winters like this when I was living down in the South East.

Image Attachments
Different_snowman_smaller.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 17 June 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
chohole - 17 June 2012 01:37 PM

I rather like our Winters.  We rarely got Winters like this when I was living down in the South East.

Pretty piccie.

I can feel my toes numbing, just looking at it. smile I like that snow face. What is the snow piled on right there, some vines?

Images don’t quote, huh? Oh right, because they have to be at the bottom. I was going to edit it off, anyway.

Snow gets fairly close, sometimes, when there’s a low snow. We get a dusting of it, down here, every several years.
I wouldn’t mind a some snow down here.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

Oh drat, there’s light leaking around that edge of the blackout curtain. Have to fix that tonight.

Gonna nap. I bought this comfy light-proof bed with a lid, from this toothy chick. Mysterious gal…

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I have this super Blackout blind which I got from a US outlet who did have some stuff handeld in the UK. It worked really good, till we got these new catlings, who have worked out how to open our bedroom door,, and then jump up and push the blind aside, so we get woken far ealier that we really want to. Being as we live up a mountain, we get sunlight earlier than they do in the valleys.  long face

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9668
Joined  2007-11-06
T Jaiman - 17 June 2012 01:28 PM

It’s funny when it rains in LA - they panic. And they’re in their cars. ohh
Plenty of people up here are the same way, though. You can hear traffic speed up when the rain first starts, it’s crazy.
Not funny when your in traffic at the time, though.

It’s terrible.  Oils seep into the road surface, so on those rare occasions when it rains, the oil floats up and the roads become slippery.  All those drivers who’ve never driven on icy roads have no idea what to do.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

4 of 4