Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
mcjWarp - sculpting plugin for DS 4.5 - PC/Win x32 / x64 version available
Posted: 24 April 2013 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2003-10-09

Impressive work as always, Casual.

I’m sure you will be able to figure out how to get painting into Studio as well.

You keep going at this rate, and I will not have a need for any outside apps.

Thank you for all your hard work, and Genius coding.

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 24 April 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2295
Joined  2006-01-19
DaremoK3 - 24 April 2013 11:29 AM

Impressive work as always, Casual.

I’m sure you will be able to figure out how to get painting into Studio as well.

You keep going at this rate, and I will not have a need for any outside apps.

Thank you for all your hard work, and Genius coding.

thanks!

here’s mcjWarp’s “stamping mode”

painting is not extremely different than this

Image Attachments
stamp.jpg

Posted: 24 April 2013 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-06-19
Casual - 24 April 2013 10:26 AM

big news !!

mcjWarp, the version i gave you, already works on posed figures !

see below, i loaded the Genesis Journeyman pants, posed the figure, used mcjWarp to grow that bump

well how about that

i’ll re-read my code and see how i did it, i thought it was based on the bone transforms (rotations, position, scale) but apparently it’s .... oh ok i stop here

note: you must select the entire (root node) figure before creating the mcjWarp

To a layman that behavior seems consistent with how mcjWarp deals with dynamic clothing in DS3. For instance you can’t use D-forms on dynamic clothing the same way you can for regular conforming items but instead you have to place them on a zeroed figure and adjust the d-former in relation to that (which I think corresponds to how they work with Genesis?). McjWarp on the other hand works perfectly well with posed dynamic items which makes it so very useful with them. Good to see it getting updated for DS4.5.

Just as a thought, how complicated would you think it would be to include a smoothing option (like a smooth brush in Blender and others) in mcjWarp? I could’ve used something like that sooo many times.

Anyways, thanks again for keeping at it. Your stuff is making such a big difference on the usability of DS and is much appreciated! smile

Posted: 24 April 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
Tempest! - 24 April 2013 11:55 AM

To a layman that behavior seems consistent with how mcjWarp deals with dynamic clothing in DS3. For instance you can’t use D-forms on dynamic clothing the same way you can for regular conforming items but instead you have to place them on a zeroed figure and adjust the d-former in relation to that (which I think corresponds to how they work with Genesis?). McjWarp on the other hand works perfectly well with posed dynamic items which makes it so very useful with them. Good to see it getting updated for DS4.5.

Just as a thought, how complicated would you think it would be to include a smoothing option (like a smooth brush in Blender and others) in mcjWarp? I could’ve used something like that sooo many times.

Anyways, thanks again for keeping at it. Your stuff is making such a big difference on the usability of DS and is much appreciated! smile

i agree smoothing would be useful, maybe i’ll work on that later

the thing is, i will need to build a proximity map, so that a vertex position is influenced by the nearest neighbors

( i coded this once to be able to select strings of vertices , to generate the hems on the mcjA3Leo3i )

the plan for now it to make more tests to see if all of mcjWarp’s functions still work in the DS4.5 version

then complete mcjLattice

then make the 3d-painting plugin or add it to mcjWarp .... very tempting to jump to that project smile

Posted: 24 April 2013 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-06-19

Cool! No pressure… smile

Posted: 24 April 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

mcjWarp for DS4.5—testing the “replace” mode with a ( displacement ) map “chisel”

subD’ed in Blender, rendered with Cycles

Image Attachments
yupup.jpg

Posted: 24 April 2013 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

mcjWarp for DS4.5—testing the ability to create multiple morph channels

Image Attachments
moip.gif

Posted: 24 April 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Totally cool.

On Blender.  I’ve finally caved and am beginning to learn how to use Blender.  Have my SuperSuit in there right now trying to figure out how to actually fill holes or create a Concentric Circle mesh where the breasts would be so things stretch more appropriately.  If you know of good tutorials on how to use Blender for building mesh please let me know, you can PM me if you want.  Got Blender set up the way I like with rotate and pan views assigned to keys and mouse strokes I like.  IT’s come along way from just a year or so ago!  Tired of Hexagon crashing and Silo being basically “abandonware”

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 24 April 2013 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I loose internet for the day (late bill, arrrrrrg) and this is released! WOOT thank you thank you THANK you!!!!!!

If you do not see or hear from me in a week, you’ll know i’m busily warping eveyrhing :D

Posted: 24 April 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
belovedalia - 24 April 2013 12:52 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I loose internet for the day (late bill, arrrrrrg) and this is released! WOOT thank you thank you THANK you!!!!!!

If you do not see or hear from me in a week, you’ll know i’m busily warping eveyrhing :D

i was happy to see i didn’t have a lot of coding work to do !

so far i made many tests and all seems to be working smile

Posted: 24 April 2013 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
RAMWolff - 24 April 2013 12:48 PM

Totally cool.

On Blender.  I’ve finally caved and am beginning to learn how to use Blender.  Have my SuperSuit in there right now trying to figure out how to actually fill holes or create a Concentric Circle mesh where the breasts would be so things stretch more appropriately.  If you know of good tutorials on how to use Blender for building mesh please let me know, you can PM me if you want.  Got Blender set up the way I like with rotate and pan views assigned to keys and mouse strokes I like.  IT’s come along way from just a year or so ago!  Tired of Hexagon crashing and Silo being basically “abandonware”

in edit mode, edge selection mode you select the edges of the contour of the hole, you type F ( same as Mesh/Edit/Make EdgeFace )
then you select that face, use E to extrude a face, [Esc] to leave the extruded face where it is, S to scale the extruded face , repeat ...
etc etc

( shift-right-click to select more than one thing )

there was that Boston guy who made video tutorials about a ton of things, his blender videos were well made, not sure if he updated them for the new Blender

https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston?feature=

Posted: 24 April 2013 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

also now that i remember it i want to create a Kinect-to-DS interface, possibly with OSCeleton
see i recorded this using my kinect and mmd

Image Attachments
mmd002.gif

Posted: 24 April 2013 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks so much.  It would be so cool to have a bridge between DS and Blender!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 24 April 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
RAMWolff - 24 April 2013 05:49 PM

Thanks so much.  It would be so cool to have a bridge between DS and Blender!  grin

well mcjTeleBlender is a bit like a one-way bridge to Blender

Image Attachments
201202031633_bluefur.jpg

Posted: 24 April 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-07-10

casual do u have a manual on how to use the warp please

3 of 5