5 of 100
Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope
Posted: 27 April 2013 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Yikes.
Sorry for being so… in and out quickly, you guys. Still very sick, and just too much going on around me at the time that I posted.
Very cool renders. Stu, that art is just beautiful, man… I love it!
EP… I love the fact that you’ve rigged that banner. Looks very cool.

Koukotsu, I love those AO portrait renders. I really like her hair in this one. Dog gone, she is an adorable little thing!

So, Holly… this is very cool news - well… I don’t think that I knew you were making a Space Opera. This whole post that you link to is very intriguing stuff. So… with CT, do you do the actual renders in Carrara and then morph the rendered image in CT? What’s going on there? However it works… it looks really, really good!
On another note… are you porting your site over to the Cafe? It’s gone, I tell you. Your site. It’s… missing!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 27 April 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1639
Joined  0
Dartanbeck - 27 April 2013 10:14 AM

So, Holly… this is very cool news - well… I don’t think that I knew you were making a Space Opera. This whole post that you link to is very intriguing stuff. So… with CT, do you do the actual renders in Carrara and then morph the rendered image in CT? What’s going on there? However it works… it looks really, really good!
On another note… are you porting your site over to the Cafe? It’s gone, I tell you. Your site. It’s… missing!

My site is still up…? http://www.3d.wetcircuit.com maybe it was slow or down for maintenance? I don’t plan to give it up entirely, but I’d rather put my Carrara tutorials and freebies and stuff in a place where more people can find them… Plus the hassle of maintaining my own downloads and stuff…. I’ll probably transition my site into more a general portfolio and 3D art. Put the Carrara info back into the community. Getting a new computer was a setback - hopefully once all the software gets settled I can start making cooler tutorials, longer animations, editing full length video, etc.

I posted a little more info about Crazytalk at the Cafe thread… I’m animating in Carrara too, but where I can cheat I’ll try to fill in with CrazyTalk. Especially in the early kinematics stage… It animates quickly and it’s not any weirder than Mimic, just a little different… and it’s my real Carrara artwork so it shouldn’t look too drastic when I switch back and forth…
http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/#cid=1,tid=153

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8405
Joined  2009-07-13

my old laptop came with a lite version of Crazy talk installed
that is how I got into 3D
I went to the Reallusion website via the program link and ended up buying iClone
I already had C5pro too on a mag disc but had only rendered a few preset landscapes with a few browser objects stuck in them
found Daz a month or so later (my C5pro was Evocia)
rest was history
My CT4 only does simple gif’s and avi’s for emails etc

Image Attachments
dart.gifHolly.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4928
Joined  2004-07-01
wendy♥catz - 27 April 2013 07:05 PM

my old laptop came with a lite version of Crazy talk installed
that is how I got into 3D
I went to the Reallusion website via the program link and ended up buying iClone
I already had C5pro too on a mag disc but had only rendered a few preset landscapes with a few browser objects stuck in them
found Daz a month or so later (my C5pro was Evocia)
rest was history
My CT4 only does simple gif’s and avi’s for emails etc

that’s the best they ever looked smile

Posted: 27 April 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1639
Joined  0

LMAO! We look like we’re on a reality dating show!

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 27 April 2013 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

How unbelievably awesome! smile

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 28 April 2013 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6044
Joined  2006-08-27

Dammit! Now I’m going to have to get that software! Although, when the devs. see wendy’s little gifs, they’l have to change the name to CrazyAssTalk™  LOL

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 28 April 2013 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

Here’s a test shot of the village scene with the rigged banners flapping in the breeze. I also stuck in a volumetric cloud to test different lighting. No post work except to convert to .jpg. Also no GI, just the standard renderer set at good AA with 1 pixel object accuracy and 2 pixel shadow accuracy.

Image Attachments
Fantasy_terrain_beauty_shot.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2013 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2207
Joined  2008-01-28

Great lighting Evil, and the cloud works superbly.
I am admiring how you have demarked the areas where the grass is worn by wear.
Will you put grass sticking up at the bases of the buildings to make them sit better in the landscape or do you have another plan up your sleeve?

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 28 April 2013 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

I was debating how much further I wanted to go with ground clutter. My intention is to make the terrain (sans buildings- they’re not mine) available for free download. I’ve built everything except the buildings, including the weeping willow trees. As an aside, that was a hair pulling experience! wink I may add clutter like weeds/grass, rain barrels, etc. for my own scenes, as I have a bunch of content that I can use already for myself. I’d have to build the grass and other miscellany.

The buildings are available from ShareCG:
http://www.ShareCG.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=JanglingJack

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2013 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8405
Joined  2009-07-13

Your villiage scenes look so good EP, you should do a book or video slideshow (with appropriate music)
well at least I know what will be in the next edition of C3DE

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 29 April 2013 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2011-01-03
evilproducer - 28 April 2013 07:06 PM

I was debating how much further I wanted to go with ground clutter.

I was wondering about that myself when I looked at the scenes. Would some 3D grass around the trees/buildings/posts/etc. help sell the effect or simply reinforce that there isn’t 3D grass everywhere else? Having grass everywhere would obviously be render-time prohibitive for most people.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 29 April 2013 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2011-01-03
wendy♥catz - 28 April 2013 11:48 PM

Your villiage scenes look so good EP, you should do a book or video slideshow (with appropriate music)
well at least I know what will be in the next edition of C3DE

I completely agree with that. I love—and often re-watch—PhilW’s Advanced Carrara training that models some terrain and stonewalled farmhouse. Something like that video for EP’s scene would be equally awesome.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 29 April 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2009-12-08
evilproducer - 28 April 2013 05:23 PM

Here’s a test shot of the village scene with the rigged banners flapping in the breeze. I also stuck in a volumetric cloud to test different lighting. No post work except to convert to .jpg. Also no GI, just the standard renderer set at good AA with 1 pixel object accuracy and 2 pixel shadow accuracy.

Clouds are amazing! Lighting also good. esp. if no GI.

Perhaps the next step is to un-flatten the landscape a little? Really like the patches of grass / dirt too.

Signature 

More 3D info and Pics at http://www.facebook.com/scififunk

Posted: 29 April 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
Sci Fi Funk - 29 April 2013 04:22 PM
evilproducer - 28 April 2013 05:23 PM

Clouds are amazing! Lighting also good. esp. if no GI.

Perhaps the next step is to un-flatten the landscape a little? Really like the patches of grass / dirt too.

Thank you! The lighting is a sunlight and home rolled light dome coupled with a customized sky. The terrain is on three levels with flat areas left intentionally flat for ease of setting up scenes. I’ll post another couple angles.

Signature 

5 of 100