Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope
Posted: 16 September 2013 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 541 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6151
Joined  2007-12-04

Oh jeeze! Is she still… Oh!
Criminies ep! Two words: Nice!

btw, what light set did you get, if you don’t mind my asking?

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 September 2013 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5439
Joined  2006-08-27

Skies of Terra, but to be honest, I used the HDRI as a background, used my own lights and didn’t use GI. I modified the shaders on the dune-buggy thingy (was a DAZ freebie w-a-a-y back as I recall). I simulated reflected light from the vehicle by placing spots below A3 and excluding the vehicle’s model from the lights. It’s subtle, but it’s there.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 16 September 2013 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

Oh yeah. I also used target helpers to keep her hands in place as I posed her. It helped get a more natural look to the arms in my opinion. I tried using the manipulators at first, but ended up with odd distortions to the shoulders and biceps. The target helpers solved that for me.

Edited to add: I used the same trick in my recent A3 walk cycle/Jiggle Deformer test to keep A3’s hand on her hip. The target was slightly offset from the hip, but parented to it, so when the hip rolled, the hand followed. When the shoulders rolled, the hands would not, but the whole rest of the arm could flex and move, which needless to say saved me from doing it manually, plus it looks more fluid and natural since it uses IK. I also had the hand track the orientation of the helper, otherwise the hand would have kept it’s position in relation to the hip, but would otherwise bend and twist at odd angles and at odd times.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2013 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2038
Joined  2008-01-28

Oh yeah. I also used target helpers to keep her hands in place as I posed her. It helped get a more natural look to the arms in my opinion. I tried using the manipulators at first, but ended up with odd distortions to the shoulders and biceps. The target helpers solved that for me.

great idea evil! and a beautiful render of course - loved the vegetation especially, that was the first thing that caught my eye ... smile

now does she have a seam on her skin down her back bone? just curious, probably a twick of the light

edit that walk cycle is making me forget to eat my lunch

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 16 September 2013 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
Gareth Davies - 14 September 2013 07:38 AM

I finally finished this scene, i have been busy on other projects (all will be revealed soon wink )

wow that’s superb Gareth, who woulda thought that was a carrara render?
really interested in what you are working on

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2013 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
EddyMI - 13 September 2013 12:21 AM

Hey Evil,
great stuff you produced there wink

I’m wondering if the Jiggle Deformer works on the butt too…
But maybe not enough polygons.

Sorry I missed this one. Yes, it can jiggle the butt. The trick is to have as many jiggle modifiers as you want areas to jiggle. Sparrowhawke even says the results are better if you use a modifier for each breast, but for my purposes one was enough. wink

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2013 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
head wax - 16 September 2013 09:10 PM

great idea evil! and a beautiful render of course - loved the vegetation especially, that was the first thing that caught my eye ... smile

now does she have a seam on her skin down her back bone? just curious, probably a twick of the light

edit that walk cycle is making me forget to eat my lunch

That’s a shadow artifact from one of my lights. I forgot to turn on soft shadows for that light. D’oh! If you watch the video for a certain rear angle, you won’t see a seam. I know it will be hard, but force yourself to watch it and you’ll see what I mean. wink

Regarding the target helpers, I’m debating trying to set one up for each finger to generate finger movement and at the same time prevent them from poking through the mesh.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2013 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

haha yes I already watched it six times - for scientific purposes you understand ...

yes would be good to get those fingers moving with a little bounce - does fenric’s plug in erc thingy work for stuff like that?

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2007-07-13

Just another one…

Image Attachments
Pool_002_002.png
 Signature 

- Live Long and Prosper -
My DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/1589

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
head wax - 16 September 2013 09:27 PM

haha yes I already watched it six times - for scientific purposes you understand ...

yes would be good to get those fingers moving with a little bounce - does fenric’s plug in erc thingy work for stuff like that?

You could add jiggle to the fingers I suppose, but I was talking about using IK in the fingers to track helpers parented to the hip, so they would move with the hip and still stay in contact with it, while (hopefully) preventing collision artifacts.

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
EddyMI - 17 September 2013 12:43 AM

Just another one…

I like that one. Nice mood, the character is very alluring and the draped blanket is a nice touch!

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  467
Joined  2005-04-01
EddyMI - 17 September 2013 12:43 AM

Just another one…

Your towel is getting wet!  smile

Signature 

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then… explode.

Posted: 17 September 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2004-12-01

Some Gen 2 Action

Image Attachments
GenesisDue-publish.jpg

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
akulla3D - 17 September 2013 01:57 PM

Some Gen 2 Action

Really nice character and lighting! makes me want to try my hand at a portrait scene again!

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
head wax - 16 September 2013 09:27 PM

Sorry, I read the erc reference as a jiggle reference. My bad. red face

I did a test with the fingers and IK and it failed, although come to think of it, I left the targets for the hand as well. Maybe if I just used the fingers. with the targets…

Signature 

37 of 100