36 of 100
Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope
Posted: 13 September 2013 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 526 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2011-01-03
evilproducer - 13 September 2013 01:36 PM

It’s about damned time you posted something in the Carrara render thread, actually rendered in Carrara! wink Was the conversation getting a little dull at the grown up’s table? LOL

Seriously though, nicely done!

There’s an inside joke folks between evil, Dart, Wendy and I. LOL

September is very busy for me, so I don’t know when I’ll get around to doing some more renders. In a couple of weeks though, I’ll be raising some glasses of beer with evilproducer and Dartanbeck in Wisconsin. Good times approaching! Can’t wait to meet you guys.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 13 September 2013 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 527 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5972
Joined  2007-12-04

Yeah, I can hardly wait, myself!
This will be the first time I’ve met another Carraraist since the guy (whom I’ve never actually met - just talked to) that showed my Carrara the first time I’ve ever seen it… and I get to meet two! EP and I will have to teach this Texan how to eat cheese and beef all at the same time! wink

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 13 September 2013 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 528 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
evilproducer - 13 September 2013 01:46 PM

unless they’ve updated C8.5’s import options to include Max, then you’re stuck with the other formats.

Is this a Mac issue, or is .max compatibility new for version 8.0? I thought they had it since version 5 or before. Or is it there, but doesn’t work? I could swear I’ve opened max files before in Carrara.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 13 September 2013 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 529 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Hey Gars… Nice render, man!
Also… welcome home! I’m really glad that some really cool reasons have been keeping you away some. But I wish that the PITA part of it wasn’t so PITA. In that case, tell them that you want the Carrara/LW account.
“What Carrara/LW account?”
“Okay, perfect… Thanks boss!”

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2013 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 530 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2006-03-07

I finally finished this scene, i have been busy on other projects (all will be revealed soon wink )

Image Attachments
Red_riding_hoodFin.jpg

Posted: 14 September 2013 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 531 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Gareth,
It’s obvious that you truly are a master of your talent - as I see perfection in all of your posts.
Could you please tell me which render/shader option you use? Is this a plugin toon or the Carrara toon?
Either way, I really like the uniformity and skill involved. It’s very much different that what I do - but the level of professionalism is uncanny.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 532 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2006-03-07

Thanks Dartanbeck smile I am using YAToon plugin from Zgock for the shaders. http://carraracafe.com/downloads/?did=28

Posted: 14 September 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 533 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

I have both that and YAToon 2 - and will eventually get Toon Pro from DCG - even though Toon isn’t really where “I” wish to be - I just like to play with all sorts of images and animations at times. That’s why I had to ask, as I am still unsure of all of the capabilities of any of them. Soon, though wink

Very nice! I Like!

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2013 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 534 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  2006-08-27
Dartanbeck - 13 September 2013 09:18 PM
evilproducer - 13 September 2013 01:46 PM

unless they’ve updated C8.5’s import options to include Max, then you’re stuck with the other formats.

Is this a Mac issue, or is .max compatibility new for version 8.0? I thought they had it since version 5 or before. Or is it there, but doesn’t work? I could swear I’ve opened max files before in Carrara.

Carrara can import .3ds which I believe is a 3D Studio Max format, but straight up .max is only usable in Max. If you look at the screen shot for importable files, you’ll see 3D Studio (which I think is .3ds Max), but no .max option.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodesk_3ds_Max

Edit: Damn! I could swear I had uploaded that screen cap! Here it is again…I hope….

Image Attachments
Picture_1.png
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 14 September 2013 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 535 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Ahhhh Yes.

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 536 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2010-04-15

Which is the difference between the format “Collada” and “DAZ Collada”?

Signature 

Site: http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators
      Forum: http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/
            My site: http://mhdproductions.be/

Posted: 15 September 2013 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 537 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2005-06-16
DUDU_00001 - 15 September 2013 09:02 AM

Which is the difference between the format “Collada” and “DAZ Collada”?

The chunk of pineapple with a little umbrella stuck through it?

Actually, I found the answer here:

DAZ COLLADA files are Collada files that contain specific DAZ Studio/Poser settings in order to better import the content into Carrara. While content can be imported into Carrara using its libraries, each time that DAZ Studio is updated this may cause some content to no longer be usable in Carrara. Saving the content in the DAZ Collada format will ensure greater compatibility.

So it’s Daz’s take on the Collada interchange format, which is designed to maximize software interoperability, with extra bits added to massage import into their own software.

Bonus: Daz Studio has a page on the Collada.org product wiki. It describes the versions of Collada in Daz Studio, versions 1.3 and 1.7. The listing celebrated its sixth birthday in August.

Signature 

Posts on previous forum: 218. And yeah, I was bitchy back then too.

Posted: 15 September 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 538 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

Aren’t they ditching Collada in favor of .duf?

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2013 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 539 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4633
Joined  2004-07-01
evilproducer - 15 September 2013 09:45 AM

Aren’t they ditching Collada in favor of .duf?

you are correct !
“DAZ Collada” doesn’t work any more and has not for a long time .

Posted: 16 September 2013 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 540 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

Since I received a lovely DimensionTheory light set as a prize in one of the previous render challenge, I’ve been dying to use it! I also spent a lot of time working out some stuff and painting on meshes for Sparrowhawke’s oh-so-cool jiggle deformer, I thought I would combine the two together.

BTW, Sparrowhawke, if you read this, the plugin is super cool, but the term weight maps is already taken for bone influences. I kindly submit the term, Jiggle Maps, to describe the weight maps so as to avoid unnecessary confusion to new users. wink

Image Attachments
Jiggly-A3-on-Car03.jpg
 Signature 

36 of 100