Digital Art Zone

13 of 80
Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope
Posted: 06 May 2013 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1792
Joined  2008-01-28

Heh, sorry to stir up twouble. In honour of this thread, and as more than a nod to Holly and the anthropomorphistic qualities of Dazdom, I present Rodger - well the bottom part of Rodger. He’s been stuck there since this morning, just after breakfast. His doctor warned him not to do yoga alone in the forest….

THis render shows what the K4 render did. That you can grab clothes from the mesh of the figure. Step one for the mousey thing - unlock the figure with Fenric’s plugin so you can add morphs. Then make your morph areas and at the same time your new material zones. The reason you use morph areas to “clothify” the mesh is that you can still use the soft select in the model room but it won’t cross morph areas. That way you can get a clean edge at the sleeves and cuff areas. I used Baker to export the materials to for texturing. Interestingly when you apply a hair thing to the mesh then morph it the hair goes awol.

EDit forgot to add for Wendy et Holly the K4 children with their head meshes made invisible to show the neck mesh line are originally in the Pegasus thread. The poses are random from my runtime.  Chosen to show how the mesh bends,. You could misconstrue them as “dancing’ if you try. Link here - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20428/P30

For Joe: I’m sorry that you are offended by the image. If it really worries you, perhaps you should contact a moderator to have the offending image(s) removed. I wouldn’t complain if they feel it necessary.

Image Attachments
AndrewFinniePost.jpg
 Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 06 May 2013 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1507
Joined  0

LOL ok so there actually were headless dancing children… I didn’t freak out. tongue wink

Posted: 06 May 2013 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6646
Joined  2009-07-13

using the free lime

Image Attachments
partytime.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 06 May 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2010-03-01

I bet she is holding an invisible headless baby by the legs and trying to drown it in that cup!
Can’t figure out who the bad guy is though… Maybe cup drowning is the only way to kill invisible headless baby demon spawn?

Signature 

My DAZ Store

My Freebies @ sharecg

Posted: 06 May 2013 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1745
Joined  2004-08-24

LOL smile

There also appears to be the severed head of a man on the floor in the background,.
but he seems armless,. and legless,... so he’s not really that scary..

Great image Head Wax smile ..as always.

Posted: 06 May 2013 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2010-03-01

That’s kinda how I imagine you :D
A great and wise Carrara mentor who does philosophy and wins nobel prizes in his spare time… but with arms and legs.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

My Freebies @ sharecg

Posted: 07 May 2013 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

Now that’s really funny smile

Nobel prize for coffee drinking ,.. that’s possible if I keep practising.

Posted: 07 May 2013 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
3DAGE - 06 May 2013 11:17 AM

LOL smile

There also appears to be the severed head of a man on the floor in the background,.
but he seems armless,. and legless,... so he’s not really that scary..

Thanks Andy wink

Holly, glad you didn’t freak out!

And Wendy, wonderful Gif smile

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2013 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5326
Joined  2007-12-04
head wax - 07 May 2013 08:39 PM
3DAGE - 06 May 2013 11:17 AM

Thanks Andy wink

Holly, glad you didn’t freak out!

And Wendy, wonderful Gif smile

Ditto!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 08 May 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2010-06-09

The Egyptian Princess Concept I’m presently working on.
One thing I am not happy with are the shoulders. I know there are fixes available for sale but work only in Poser.
My question is if I get poser and apply the fixes to V4.2 in Poser and save the figure, can I then load the fixed figure into Carrara?
What techniques do the artists here use to make the figures more life-like and realistic?
Your advice would be very appreciated.

Posted: 09 May 2013 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

great things happening in the scene!
for realism perhaps there is too much ambient light?
for the shoulders - when you are posing always pose shoulders and not collars - as one gives a weird effect - like a shrug
can’t remember which
have a play and you will see which one is the culprit

for the poser question not sure - but you can always export the object I assume with morphs etc applied and bring her into carrara

Signature 

Posted: 09 May 2013 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi Scottidog 2 smile

I’m not sure about the specific “fixes” for V4 / M4 etc,. (I’ve never used any of them) ...but generally speaking…
In poser,. If the morph fixes are applied using a python script, (or include poser magnets) and anything that relies on using python in poser,. won’t work in carrara since it doesn’t have python scripting.

I’m not sure if those “fixes” would be saved into a new CR2 file if they’re not Morph targets,. ..doubtful. ...but worth trying.

on exporting as an OBJ,.
That won;‘t work because OBJ is a mesh format, it won’t contain any bones or morphs.
it only exports out the mesh in it’s current shape,. or the default T-Pose, depending on the options you choose when exporting.

On posing,. it’s the “Collar” which gives you the Shrug look,. ideally the collar bone should be lowered slightly if a figure is standing straight up, with arms down at the sides. because of gravity, and the muscles relaxing.. and the muscles would lift the arms and collar up to create the shrug.  it’s a complex muscle group.

Hold your arms out in a T pose,. then bring them down to your sides and look at what moves.
The shoulder and the collar both move,. because the collar is used to lift and hold most of the weight of the arm, the muscles in the shoulder (Upper Arm (Humerus) ), the biceps / triceps,. don’t flex much at all when raising or lowering your arms.from your sides,.
the shoulder / collar muscle groups do most of the lifting, and they relax when the arms are hanging down at the sides.

some options you may want to try,.
Adding some Magnet’s in Carrara to effect those areas,. or,..Editing the morph targets in the figure (in animation mode) for that area, in Carrara,.
then save that to your “my objects” browser,  or into your own figures folder.

if you use magnets,. you’ll need to group those with the figure when you save it.

hope it helps smile

Posted: 09 May 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-09

Thank You head wax and 3DAGE for your advice.
I think there is too much amber light, will fix that.
Still need to play around with the lighting and create more “mood”.
3DAGE, I didn’t know Carrara had magnets. Will read up on that.

Posted: 09 May 2013 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-09

Posted: 10 May 2013 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  563
Joined  2011-07-03

My Earth model is a CPU-hungry beast, but I finally have it tweaked where I want it ... well, for now.

Image Title: “Visitors”

Image Attachments
Earth_D15b_with_Ship.jpg
 Signature 

The most complex object in mathematics, the Mandelbrot Set ... is so complex as to be uncontrollable by mankind and describable as ‘chaos’. — Benoit Mandelbrot

13 of 80