Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Stonemason’s “Urban Future 4” as you’ve never seen it before. 
Posted: 19 April 2013 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Yeah… wind speed and direction too! Watch THIS. The tree just behind her to the left almost falls completely down!!!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 19 April 2013 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Sci Fi Funk - 19 April 2013 06:46 AM
swordkensia - 19 April 2013 06:24 AM

Awesome and Inspirational work..!!!

S.K.

Thanks swordkensia!

I hope to show more mass walk loops in Sci Fi Funk Episode 8 (my next main animation).

Awesome!

If you haven’t watched his episodes… you’re missing out. Great concept pulled off very well. I really like the death sentence track! shock

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 20 April 2013 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2009-12-08
evilproducer - 19 April 2013 04:59 PM

You can animate Carrara’s trees. I believe it’s under the Shape tab. You’d want to adjust the rustle. You can also set elasticity under the expert tab for each generation of branches. I haven’t played around with it too much as my system is long in the tooth and I would like to complete my renders before I retire.

Great tip! Thanks Evilproducer.

I’ll want to try that out some time. I’m interested in faking wind. I think (haven’t tried this yet) I could use physics and directional force to bend the tops of things. I’ll report back when the experiment is complete. The coin toss into the box (Cyberpunk Subway) was a simple physics set up.

Signature 

More 3D info and Pics at http://www.facebook.com/scififunk

Posted: 20 April 2013 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2009-12-08
Dartanbeck - 19 April 2013 08:15 PM

I really like the death sentence track! shock

“It’s one on one and I’m gonna WIN!” - When I’ve learned enough techniques I’m going to re-do the pilot.

Also later in the movie there is a Death Race scene, akin to 2000AD / Rollerball etc.

Signature 

More 3D info and Pics at http://www.facebook.com/scififunk

Posted: 20 April 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  839
Joined  2003-10-09
Sci Fi Funk - 20 April 2013 03:00 AM
evilproducer - 19 April 2013 04:59 PM

You can animate Carrara’s trees. I believe it’s under the Shape tab. You’d want to adjust the rustle. You can also set elasticity under the expert tab for each generation of branches. I haven’t played around with it too much as my system is long in the tooth and I would like to complete my renders before I retire.

Great tip! Thanks Evilproducer.

I’ll want to try that out some time. I’m interested in faking wind. I think (haven’t tried this yet) I could use physics and directional force to bend the tops of things. I’ll report back when the experiment is complete. The coin toss into the box (Cyberpunk Subway) was a simple physics set up.

Yes, yet another feature of Carrara I was not aware of.  I think Vue may have some more advanced tools for this, but staying in Carrara is a big plus for me.  Thanks.

cool smile

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 20 April 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Dartanbeck - 19 April 2013 08:09 PM

Yeah… wind speed and direction too! Watch THIS. The tree just behind her to the left almost falls completely down!!!

I should also mention that the scene in the above link blew so hard on the tree that it caused the whole trunk to disappear and reappear throughout the animation, which caused it to blink on and off. I was easily able to fix it using rotoscoping in Project Dogwaffle Pro: Howler. Otherwise I’d have have to start all over. Howler has saved many of my other animations since. It truly is what I thought it to be before I bought it… Carrara’s perfect companion!

Signature 

2 of 2