Digital Art Zone

3 of 12
Where are My Download Links
Posted: 21 April 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I found them without help, but:

- I appreciate that I can now find older purchased products much easier. Very good .grin

- I don’t like that I have to type in my just purchased products one by one in a search list to get to the downloads. Very Bad. mad
Every other store provides download links of your just purchased items in one way or other, in the confirmation mail for ex., so that you can download them without searching.
I don’t think that I will ever again purchase more than one item at a time here, because I would dread to search around for a multitude of download links. Before anyone points out to the new Installation Automatic thing - I have no use for automated routines like that. The name ‘DIM’ is a pun, isn’t it? The strategy of DAZ to put the link to that one at the end of the purchases and in the order confirmation mail and to make it harder to get to the ‘normal’ download links at the same time, looks like patronizing to me.

Posted: 21 April 2013 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8676
Joined  2007-11-06
Thetis_ - 21 April 2013 09:24 AM

Well, I found them without help, but:

- I appreciate that I can now find older purchased products much easier. Very good .grin

- I don’t like that I have to type in my just purchased products one by one in a search list to get to the downloads. Very Bad. mad
Every other store provides download links of your just purchased items in one way or other, in the confirmation mail for ex., so that you can download them without searching.
I don’t think that I will ever again purchase more than one item at a time here, because I would dread to search around for a multitude of download links. Before anyone points out to the new Installation Automatic thing - I have no use for automated routines like that. The name ‘DIM’ is a pun, isn’t it? The strategy of DAZ to put the link to that one at the end of the purchases and in the order confirmation mail and to make it harder to get to the ‘normal’ download links at the same time, looks like patronizing to me.

If you click sort by date twice you get the most recent purchases first.

And you can use the Install Manager just to download if you like.  DAZ 3D is “pushing” it because it is easier to use and also has more features than the Product Library.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 21 April 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15933
Joined  2003-10-09

This button

Image Attachments
product_library.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 21 April 2013 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  887
Joined  2011-09-18

i just cleared all my cookies from internet explorer, rebooted, and low and behold everything is working.  I can sort by date, select other pages and download recentlyl purchased items.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Posted: 21 April 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 20 April 2013 07:37 PM

The Product library requires Javascript to work. If your browser has Java set to off it will not function.

FYI: Java is not Javascript. And telling me that I just need to clear my cache, reboot my computer, and use the right browser to get my purchases is not, shall we say, “selling up.”

Posted: 21 April 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2003-10-09
mickmca - 21 April 2013 03:17 PM

FYI: Java is not Javascript. And telling me that I just need to clear my cache, reboot my computer, and use the right browser to get my purchases is not, shall we say, “selling up.”

Oops. I left out “toss my cookies.”

Posted: 21 April 2013 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2004-06-23

Well, I like this.

After a quick read here I cleared all my cookies, cache, off-line data and the like and everything works perfectly in Firefox.

New purchases are easy to find by sorting by date. Specific items easy to find by sorting by name. The DIM label obviously means that DIM will install it so no need to download those.

Mostly though, not having to reset downloads one at a time is very cool.

I have zero complaints. Good job.

Posted: 22 April 2013 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5879
Joined  2006-02-20
Blaine91555 - 21 April 2013 05:17 PM

... The DIM label obviously means that DIM will install it so no need to download those.

The DIM label just means those are the new Zips - working for PC AND Mac.
They are a bit smaller than the .exe files and are working without hiccups (contrary to some older installers on Win7).

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 22 April 2013 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2009-04-14
luannemarie - 20 April 2013 05:20 AM

My product library is not working.  I cannot

Apply a Filter
Change the sort order
Select any other page other than the opening page which is in alphabetical order.

I do not use DIM, and I just purchased an item which I cannot now download as it does not appear on the first page.  Please do not tell me to clear my cookies, etc.  I have already done this. 

Product library worked 2 days ago for me, but not now. 

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, this is exactly what has happened to me. For the last two days, I’ve been downloading all of the updates for my content library, and then all of a sudden, about an hour ago, it stopped working for me exactly the way it has stopped working for you. At first I thought it was a stalled browser script (I use Firefox), but now I realize it’s DAZ’s latest “improvement” to the site. (BTW: the “clearing the cookies” trick does work to get it going again.)

Posted: 22 April 2013 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2010-10-15

Thanks for all the info, folks. I had a problem with a locked library, also. The information here helped.

Posted: 22 April 2013 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2003-10-09

I definitely have not enjoyed the changes to finding my downloads.  The former method seemed to always work well for me.  I purchased things yesterday and can’t seem to apply anything to bring up my downloads and since I bought the Genesis Teen Pro Bundle, I would not like to have to figure out the name of each item included.  I vote for the “My Downloads Purchased” cue like we use to see!

Posted: 22 April 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14256
Joined  2003-10-09

You can’t set the sort order to purchase date? In any event, you wouldn’t have to find the bundle items individually - the bundle gets an entry and then that has links for the products.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 April 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2744
Joined  2004-04-25

Problem is, my last two orders went through but not all of products are showing up in the product library.  Not sorting by order date or by searching product individually.  This is really annoying. 

I’m using the latest Firefox, have cleared the cache several times and rebooted several times.  Yes, Java is enabled and up to date as well.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 22 April 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2404
Joined  2003-12-06

One gotcha that I’ve noticed a few times, in bundles — if the bundle page has direct download links, ignore them. Use the thumbnail links to the individual bundle parts, and click on the download links there. The d/l links on the bundle page aren’t always up-to-date, and sometimes don’t even have links for the .zip DIM files.

(Note that this is nothing to do with old products that haven’t been converted yet, the ones I’ve noticed so far have the DIM links on the individual pages but not on the bundle page.)

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 23 April 2013 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2005-08-23

More wonderful “improvements” from the Daz IT team. Wonderful for Daz perhaps, but not so much for customers. Every the the site “improves” it become more of a chore to shop here. Changes made to features that worked just fine until they were improved. Buggy search engines that don’t work. Now I have to play “hide and seek” to find my purchases and, hey, let’s get rid of the installers, too.
The freebies and $1.99 items are getting cheap and rare as hen’s teeth. The only reason I even visit here anymore is for Petipet’s neat models and that ain’t enough to justify a membership.

Why is this site becoming such a nosebleed?

3 of 12