So far this is the worst beta of the bunch. It crashes constantly when I try to do anything with genesis content, it’s sluggish, and unresponsive the rest of the time. I hope this isn’t supposed to be a near finished product.
And it needs smoothing and collision at the very least.
Are you on a mac? If not we must not be using the same build of C8.5, what build are you using?
I’m not having any of those issue. So far I am on my 9th test run using dynamics and G2, then sending to carrara. So far all the screw ups have been on the Studio end. I use genesis in carrara quite a bit,out side of the iffyness of autofit, and weirdness using poses, I haven’t had any issues.
More over it has smoothing and collision. But like many of carrara’s features, they don’t work on DAZ content. Not even a simple “duplicate”.
Nope, not on a mac, I’m on Win 7 (amd X64 x6 cpu, 16gb ram) Cararra 184.108.40.206
So far I’ve tried loading pre made genesis characters morphed and clothed, they come through fairly iffy. most of the body morphs come through fine, textures (need some tweaking but that’‘s expected) but no head morphs and any tops they wear don’t fit, lots of poke through all over. If there is a smoothing/collision function I have no knowledge of it. Iffy fits are something I expect with cararra, I do wish it would handle morphs in the editing functions better. All I can seem to do is edit one morph at a time. Kind of a pain. This is where I like the Daz auto fit, and bridge to hex, I can fix things, or in Poser, I have the morph brush tools. I can work on morphed figures and clothing without the meshes popping back to the default unmorphed state. That’s handy for fixing issues that come up from morphed and posed figures. It also lets me tweak poses, and change positions. Using proxy figures is a one shot. Not good if if constantly fuss with things like I do. That’s why I never really got into dynamic cloth much.
If I’m missing something I’d really like to know about it.
I’ve also noticed certain scenes (dreamlights stuff especially) generate a lot of nil point errors, and the scene cannot be rendered at all. On one occasion I also had all the properties panes go blank. I had to shut down and re-start. I’ve never managed to duplicate that; it seemed random.
I haven’t used the replicator much, but it did work nicely on the Dystopia city blocks. I find greeble blocks still need to be hand placed though, using replicator on them usually spaces them strangely. as they’re all different sizes. I was thinking of making lower poly prop people in various poses for replicator. Might work for crowds in city scenes.