Carrara 184.108.40.206 is the latest Beta Build!
We are including the 8.5 Beta in your purchase of Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build. Just don’t uninstall the 8.1 version when you install this beta release.
The purpose of providing this build is for you to see the progress we are making, see how Genesis looks in Carrara, see the new features we’ve added and provide input on the changes. You can also see the list of bug fixes below. This list identifies issues that were logged in the bug tracker and highlights many of the other fixes in this build.
IMPORTANT: On Mac, the spot render tool works for some, but not others. If the spot render tool does not work for you, please file a bug report with as much detail of your system as possible.
IMPORTANT: On Mac, this build requires 10.6 or newer.
New in Carrara 8.5:
1. Support for Genesis Character
2. Character presets can be applied. Go to the Instance Tab, select the 2nd Genesis listed in the tree or the Actor line, and double click the character from the list. If the one of these items is not selected, an additional figure will be loaded with that character applied.
3. New Parameters Pane and user experience
4. Carrara 8.5 Parameter Pane. If you are familiar with the Parameters Tab (with the Genesis figure) in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent to Carrara 8.5 is the Parameter Pane which is accessed by selecting the second Genesis from the list.
5. Shaping in Parameters Pane. If you are familiar with the Shaping Tab in DAZ Studio 4, the equivalent for Carrara 8.5 can be accessed by selecting the Actor line from the tree in the Instance Pane.
6. Content Management System or CMS connection to utilize the DAZ Studio database (requires DAZ Studio 220.127.116.11 or newer recommended to be installed). We are looking into a project to install the CMS for Carrara without the need of DAZ Studio. So for the Carrara customers not using DAZ Studio they can still take advantage of the new system. More information will be coming.
7. AutoFit is included in Carrara 8.5
8. Fit To (auto generates Genesis morphs) for Genesis designed clothing
9. Restore Figure tools
10. Memorize tools
11. Zero Figure tools
12. Smart Content Tab (shows all the content with meta data organized similarly to DAZ Studio’s Smart Content Tab)
13. New SubD / Smoothing tool (display the smoothing slider of smoothed vertex object in the assemble room)
14. Improved Bullet Physics for soft body simulation
15. aniBlock importer has been updated and fixed for Carrara 8.5
16. Mac OSX Lion support has been implemented
17. Geo grafting has been implemented and improved.
18. New Light Icons to better represent the lights, the controls have also been improved.
19. DUF Files from DAZ Studio are now supported.
20. Graph Editor keyframe scale box.
21. Lock Production Frame
22. Right click Cut/Copy/Paste menu on all text boxes including the serial number dialog.
If you are seeing issues please log the bugs in the bug tracker.
Changes since the last beta build include:
* DSON(duf/dsf) Improvements
- Loading Speed.
- Fixed #0047428 : Added shader assignment using shading domain names
- Fixed #0047204 : Fixed daz skinning issue with complex scene setup (like for instance NLA transform offsets)
- Fixed #0047489 : Fixed camera focal import
- Improved progress bar during loading
- Fixed some character preset loading crash
- Show “updating” instead of an “invalid file count number” in the browser while updating a content folder (smart content)
- Fixed issue with the Json framework related to multiple processors
- Fixed #0047609 : Fixed grafting file read issue
- Update Valentina client to version 5
- Defer the startup processing for the smart content tab until user actually clicks in the smart content tab
* SDK Fixes in regards to 3rd Party Plugins
- Fix Sdk compatibility with Carrara 8.1
* Various Improvements
- Fixed #0047449 : Made the Mimic gesture track additive to allow better mix with poses
- Improve texture filtering when using a higher object accuracy
- Implemented #47919 : Dolly around selected object not working in certain situations.
- Implemented #38048 : Lock Production Frame.
- Implemented #42966 : Support soft selection when making target areas.
- Ensure that English is the default language on first install.
- Support Cut/Copy/Paste for text edit boxes, including the serial number dialog.
- Implemented Graph Editor feature of selected keyframe scale box. This enables retiming from front or back and adjusting amplitude.
* Various Bug Fixes
- Fixed #0047495 : Crash bug
- Fixed #0047290 : Hang in displacement with mesh with complex topology
- Fixed #0047499 : Shader drag and drop
- Fixed #0047411 : Hang on the Mac 64 bit
- Fixed #0047733 : Corruption when writing file
- Fixed #0047715 : Manipulator selection issue
- Fixed #0047873 : Deleting keyframes in certain situations led to “An Error Occured While Executing Save”.
- fixed #0048316 : Displacement Painting doesn’t work in Symmetry mode.
- Fixed #0049241 : Mipmap filtering error when rendering large images
- Fixed #0040649 : Interface glitch in the shader room. This manifested as many graphical glitches when using Full Screen Mode with Dual Monitors.
- Fixed some memory leaks
What you need to know about this build:
1. If you get a Duplicate ID error, please reset your download for the content and try reinstalling. If the issue persists please place it in the Content Project of the bug tracker (http://bugs.daz3d.com) as we believe we have fixed all of those.
2. Pz2 material Presets do work on Genesis and Triax Content, to include content that has been auto-fit to Genesis now.
3. PZ2 Poses do apply to Genesis
4. DAZ Studio 18.104.22.168 minimum, (4.5 recommended) must be installed prior to running Carrara 8.5 in order to use Genesis or the Smart Content Tab.
5. If new content with meta data is installed via installer, DAZ Studio will need to be started in order to get the smart content into the CMS database.
6. If new content is installed via DAZ Install Manager, then it will handle getting smart content into the CMS database.
7. V4/M4/K4 shaders will not work on Genesis and will have to be manually built.
8. Included Tree presets may not look the same as they did in Carrara 7.
9. Adding IK to genesis works correctly and as expected, Genesis doesn’t load with IK. (In either DS or Carrara)
10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.
12. Plugins for the previous builds of 8.0 are expected to work with this version. All plugins tested work except the MDD plugin from Fenric, but this will be fixed in a later build.
To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0024576-KQV-001-EBTQKVE Expires 1 September 2013
About Mimic Pro and this build:
If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 8.5. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.