Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Install Manager question
Posted: 17 April 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2006-11-18

Also, what is the big puddle you are referring to?  The Atlantic Ocean?  You are in Europe?

Posted: 17 April 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

OK, I dragged all my Camelot files into E:/users/Scott/documents/daz 3d/studio/my Library/data/auto_adapted and clicked “yes” to have them merged.  That did not work either.  Daz still can’t locate the files.

Posted: 17 April 2013 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

Sorry.  Nothing seems to work.  I have an international phone plan.  Is it OK for me to call you?  You could send your phone # to me via e-mail?  My e-mail address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Posted: 17 April 2013 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

See attachment.  It looks like E:/Content folders for Daz IS the place that DIM places it’s unpacked contents on the installers.  Otherwise, what am I looking at here?

Image Attachments
Capture_2.PNG

Posted: 17 April 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2262
Joined  2003-12-06

<nod> I’m in the UK. And given your problems, I think you’ll need help from someone with a bit more explaining-techie-stuff ability than I have. Anyone else reading this thread?

Bobo Kechil - 17 April 2013 06:15 PM

OK, I dragged all my Camelot files into E:/users/Scott/documents/daz 3d/studio/my Library/data/auto_adapted and clicked “yes” to have them merged.  That did not work either.  Daz still can’t locate the files.

Er… that isn’t one of the locations you have set in in your Content Directory Manager, so it didn’t work — for the location you used, you should have stopped digging after the /my Library/ folder. And the /data/ folder is one of the locations you should never, ever touch manually unless you really, really know what you’re doing.

About the “manifest” files, they’re used by the DIM to keep track of what you have already downloaded. You can ignore them for manually installed stuff.

Edit: just saw your posted pic. What you’re looking at there are the downloaded .zip files put there by the DIM. The unpacked files that the DIM extracts from those .zips are in one of the CDM locations, probably the one ending with /My DAZ 3D Library/.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 17 April 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  2005-09-12
Bobo Kechil - 17 April 2013 07:10 PM

See attachment.  It looks like E:/Content folders for Daz IS the place that DIM places it’s unpacked contents on the installers.  Otherwise, what am I looking at here?

OK, let me take a stab at this.

Back to basics. There are TWO directories that are required. The first is the directory that DIM downloads to and installs from - I call it the ‘download/install’ directory. The second is the directory that Studio expects to find the content in - the ‘content’ directory. These should NOT be the same.

So - pick a directory for DIM - I’m a firm believer in simple is better, so I would suggest E:\DIM\Downloads. You can move the installers you’ve already downloaded into this (everything that starts with IM in your snapshot).

Then you need a directory for the Studio content. Historically this was called ‘content’ for DAZ Studio and for Poser it would have contained the ‘runtime’ directory. Current Studio terminology calls this ‘My Library’. For starters, then, I would suggest ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ as the directory. Configure DIM to use this as the ‘install to’ directory in DIM.

Start by installing the Genesis Starter Essentials to this directory with DIM. Then start Studio. Click on the ‘Content Library’ tab, then click on the little box near the top right with the small triangle and horizontal lines in it. Then click on ‘Content Directory Manager’ about half-way down on the menu.

Click on the ‘DAZ Studio Formats’ line and then click on ‘add’; browse to the ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ directory, highlight it, and click on ‘OK’. Then click on the ‘Poser Formats’ line and then click on ‘add’; browse to the ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ directory, highlight it, and click ‘OK,

Then click ‘accept’ at the bottom of the pane.

Now shut down DAZ Studio and restart it. You should be able to see the Genesis Starter files in the ‘smart content’ tab at this point.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 17 April 2013 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2004-06-13

Just a note about namffuak’s instructions.

Right-click on the ‘DAZ Studio Formats’ line and then left-click on ‘add’; browse to the ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ directory, highlight it, and left-click on ‘OK’. Then right-click on the ‘Poser Formats’ line and then left-click on ‘add’; browse to the ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ directory, highlight it, and left-click ‘OK,”

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 17 April 2013 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  2005-09-12
jestmart - 17 April 2013 09:17 PM

Just a note about namffuak’s instructions.

Right-click on the ‘DAZ Studio Formats’ line and then left-click on ‘add’; browse to the ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ directory, highlight it, and left-click on ‘OK’. Then right-click on the ‘Poser Formats’ line and then left-click on ‘add’; browse to the ‘E:\Studio-4\My Library’ directory, highlight it, and left-click ‘OK,”

If you right-click you get an option to ‘add base directory’ - you can click on that and follow the directions for clicking on ‘add’; left click works as I described (unless this is something that got modified in the new beta - in which case, my apologies, as I’m running the beta on the system I tried this on).

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 18 April 2013 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

Thanks to all of you but I only have once shot at getting this right.  Would it possible for one of you to walk me through this over the phone? If so, I will send you a private message with my phone #.  Or if you wish, I could call you.  Just send me a private message with your phone # and let me know what city and time zone you live in so I don’t wake you up at 3 in the morning.

Scott

Posted: 18 April 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

OK, I think I finally got the Camelot “content” folder where it should be but DAZ still doesn’t read the files that are inside the folder.  See attached screen capture.  It looks like it recognizes the folder but nothing that is inside of it.

Image Attachments
Capture_3.PNG

Posted: 18 April 2013 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8413
Joined  2007-11-06

That folder contains the texture jpg’s—they shouldn’t be visible, and the fact that the folder is (and the Runtime folder itself) means your content folders aren’t defined correctly.  Only the folder containing Runtime should be listed as a content folder.

The material presets to apply them should show up in “Poser Formats > [content folder name] > Pose > Camelot-Chars” if the content folders are defined correctly.

ETA:  in that latest screenshot it looks like you changed the content folder from ...\Studio3\Content to just ...\Studio3

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 April 2013 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

Then how do I define them the correct way?

Posted: 18 April 2013 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8413
Joined  2007-11-06

Your screenshot here:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/303801/

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 April 2013 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

Will someone PLEASE just call me to resolve this problem???  I’ve been struggling with this same problem for nearly 2 weeks.  I’m obviously incapable of fixing this and I’m never going to be able to fix it on my own or via Forum postings.  I need phone support!

Posted: 18 April 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-11-18

Administrator, my content folders are defined the same way now as they were when I posted that screenshot.  I didn’t change them.

2 of 3