Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Ridiculous
Posted: 13 June 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1677
Joined  2005-12-31

Why do they call that getting them “fixed” anyway?

You aren’t fixing anything.

You’re breaking it!

No one who has ever had to deal with the smell of cat spray or a female in heat believes that it isn’t fixing a known issue.

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1670
Joined  2008-05-31
Khory - 13 June 2012 03:15 PM

So the platform is Magento then is it?

Yup, of the ones they looked at it was the closest to what they needed. Which I am pretty sure they will admit was no where near close to what they really wanted.

Considering the licenses start at $14,420 per server per year, I would have expected some more…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7538
Joined  2006-03-19
Khory - 13 June 2012 03:20 PM

You’re breaking it!

No one who has ever had to deal with the smell of cat spray or a female in heat believes that it isn’t fixing a known issue.

We had a female cat that would spay everything of mine. Wouldn’t go near my wife’s stuff. Just mine.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30
Khory - 13 June 2012 03:20 PM

You’re breaking it!

I have.

But you’re still breaking the animal - not fixing it.  They don’t call it fixing the cat spray or a female in heat issue, they call it fixing your pet.

It’s grammatically incorrect and must not be tolerated!  cool grin

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2010-01-27

Should I stash away in memory, “Magneto is one to avoid.”?

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 32 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2005-09-23

Are you sure it is Magento? I saw at one point a reference to Expression Engine.

Our parent company was evaluating Magento at one point, but it was a horrible user experience for CMS for those who need to update it regularly. It does have an ecommerce solution which is supposed to be very strong.

Signature 

chikako

Meshbox Design, Art Director
Content Creators Guild (3D News, Product Releases)
FREE Toon People SlimGirl and SlimBoy Models

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
Torby - 13 June 2012 03:34 PM

Should I stash away in memory, “Magneto is one to avoid.”?

You make up your own mind*

* Please note that this does not constitute legal advice and in the event you require advice specific to your situation you are advised to seek help from a licensed professional**

** Please note that the suggestion to seek help from a licensed professional does not constitute legal advice ... you get the picture.

Sigh, I’m bored. Its 6 am, been up since 3:30 and its the most time I’ve spent on this disastrous new forum in 6 weeks. Shudder.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

http://www.magentocommerce.com/product/enterprise-whos-using-magento

Wha?! DAZ3D not listed on the customer references page yet? Perhaps we could submit a community-led case study wink

Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1677
Joined  2005-12-31

Are you sure it is Magento?

I am pretty sure yea. It has been mentioned on the boards a number of times. It is misty because I looked so long ago but I seem to recall different stores that used magento. MTV and something else I recognized but can’t recall right now. There just isn’t an overall perfect “3d brokerage store solution” out there that they could select. And even had it been the perfect store set up I am willing to bet there would be glitches. I’ve had very little trouble with the DAZ site myself. Not so true for KOBO, Barns and Noble (where I had most of the problems people have complained about here except the caching issues) and a good double hand full of sites I have visited recently just to get prices on stuff. None of them even have the excuse of a new site.

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13680
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, the system is Magento and the forums are ExpressionEngine, which is apparently what Magneto came with.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 June 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Lookie what I found ...

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 June 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-30

dubble poost.

nuttin to see here.

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 13 June 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-30
cridgit - 13 June 2012 05:09 PM

Lookie what I found ...

Instigator.

Good find!

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 14 June 2012 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  721
Joined  2012-03-25
Taozen - 13 June 2012 03:29 PM
Khory - 13 June 2012 03:15 PM

So the platform is Magento then is it?

Yup, of the ones they looked at it was the closest to what they needed. Which I am pretty sure they will admit was no where near close to what they really wanted.

Considering the licenses start at $14,420 per server per year, I would have expected some more…

Sheezh!!! I’m pretty sure our company could have built them their own system and provided hosting service for about two years of that rate. After that, it would only be hosting and updates. What a total rip off. And this forum? What are they using for storage? Flat text files? Anybody ever heard of ORDER BY reply_date DESC? Apparently every forum I’ve ever visited besides this one. I can’t fathom the incompetence of the installer! And as the topics and post increase, the mess just grows. I would demand my old site and all of my money back. This whole thing is a disaster. Bugs, yes, I would expect bugs on a release of this magnitude. Every bug should be fixed within hours of being reported. If it can’t be, the software is bloatware. Poor Daz seems to have been sold a bill of goods that is obviously a bill of bads.

We’re working through the new section 508 accessibility needs for websites at the moment. Wow, what is poor Daz to do? Much of this fiasco isn’t even accessible to the non-impaired!

As for fixing or breaking cats…. well, why do we park in our driveways and drive on the parkways? And around 6 or 7 months for fixing (AKA breaking) a female. I would try for more like 5 to 6 for males if you vet will do it then.

Signature 

Visit My Dumor3D Store

Posted: 14 June 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2003-10-09
dumorian - 14 June 2012 12:24 AM

Anybody ever heard of ORDER BY reply_date DESC? Apparently every forum I’ve ever visited besides this one. I can’t fathom the incompetence of the installer! And as the topics and post increase, the mess just grows.

I agree. It’s as if they did it on purpose. I mean they changed the ordering of the new posts okay, why not order by the reply date instead? It boggles the mind.

2 of 3