Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5938
Joined  2007-12-04

Check it out… Here’s his super-cool scene, rendered Dartanbeck style:

Image Attachments
EP_Village2.jpg
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 April 2013 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

It’s dark on purpose, by the way… There’s a storm a brewin’, ya see…
Best batten down them hatches!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 April 2013 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

His scene (above) uses buildings found freely at ShareCG. You can use any buildings you like, and the scene comes with proxy placeholder blocks to properly illustrate where the buildings are placed in the original scene. This is an excellent example of how to use “Ctrl K” to send one object to another, as I explain in detail in my largely unfinished Carrara walkthrough. At least there’s some good info in there that I feel fairly strongly about as far as Essential stuff that I feel all new Carraraists should know.

I’ve also added a new link to the Table of Contents that allows us a direct download of a really cool little training session that came with Carrara 6 Pro. I went through these long ago, and found them to be quite useful… even though such a thing could be five bazillion times more lengthy and still not cover everything that you can do within Carrara’s most wonderful interface.

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4736
Joined  2012-04-07

Thanks, downloaded wink

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have time to experiment with shaders, painting and ... who knows, maybe even animating.

The Adventures of DoDo!

[hopefully the tectonic plates rumbling along the fault line through the neighbouring river don’t cause too much seismic activity - rather disconcerting listening to the earth go “boom, boom”]

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Patience55 - 16 April 2013 01:06 PM

Thanks, downloaded wink

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have time to experiment with shaders, painting and ... who knows, maybe even animating.

The Adventures of DoDo!

[hopefully the tectonic plates rumbling along the fault line through the neighbouring river don’t cause too much seismic activity - rather disconcerting listening to the earth go “boom, boom”]

I could Imagine. Yikes. Rosie gets pretty scared with the lightning storms we egt here. We don’t get anything like that. We had one real tornado. Wiped out a very large swath through the little peninsula we life on. Good for business… I planted many trees in those following years, and megatons of ornamental stone work. Unghhhff… makes my skeleton ache, though! lol
I am very lucky to be living in such a magical part of the world. Billionaires come here to leave their woes behind. This made a niche for me - as I know how to build the tiny water features that attracts the adorably cute, friendly little song birds. One of these years, I’m going to collect Emperor Ken’s entire assortment of songbird remix Packs. I believe that he has captures the magic of these super awesome little creatures in a 3d model. I’m not sure if he still does this, but the packs that I do have of his come with a nice little bird watcher’s guide of the birds represented in the pack - which is super cool. One of the things I’ve been wanting to do as a side hobby, is to make some really serene environments with the soothing sounds of trickling water that songbirds love so much, and animate an autobahn of birds video - showing off the many songbirds of his I do have. Wow. Talk about stay from the subject eh? What were we talking about again… Seismic activity?

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2013 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Yes he has lots of nice bird figures ... which should play nice in Carrara wink
I have my eye on that Carrara mountain set for the eagles to be soaring through.

From Ken’s website, one can get many of those .pdf files plus some extra goodies and even add-ons for some of the birds. All free too grin

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2013 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Wow… very cool… thanks! cool hmm

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2013 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1373
Joined  2011-01-03
Dartanbeck - 16 April 2013 11:30 AM

There’s something odd floating in the water…  wink

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 17 April 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Garstor - 17 April 2013 05:57 AM

Yes I noticed that too. Looks like one of those children’s alphabet building blocks [hehehe ..... zoom ... running out of here ... Dodo learning to fly!]

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2013 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
Patience55 - 17 April 2013 09:01 AM
Garstor - 17 April 2013 05:57 AM

Yes I noticed that too. Looks like one of those children’s alphabet building blocks [hehehe ..... zoom ... running out of here ... Dodo learning to fly!]

It is something of an inside joke.  wink  That is the icon logo for Carrara on a Mac.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

Posted: 17 April 2013 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1286
Joined  2008-01-01

...and here’s one for the PC - made with genuine Carrara marble - in Hex, of course:)

Image Attachments
carraracube.png

Posted: 17 April 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Man, that’s beautiful. Reminds me of the role playing geek inside of me. Now I want to make my own, custom Carrara die, just like that!

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2013 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
Dartanbeck - 17 April 2013 02:00 PM

Man, that’s beautiful. Reminds me of the role playing geek inside of me. Now I want to make my own, custom Carrara die, just like that!

A d100!

Signature 

- Garstor

Posted: 17 April 2013 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4881
Joined  2006-08-27
Roygee - 17 April 2013 01:32 PM

...and here’s one for the PC - made with genuine Carrara marble - in Hex, of course:)

Leave it to the PC to get it close, but not quite right! raspberry

Image Attachments
Picture_1.png
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 17 April 2013 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Whoa!

Signature 

2 of 5