Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Updated Carrara 8.5 beta next week. Final release end of summer.
Posted: 14 April 2013 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2012-04-01

More info here:
http://carraracafe.com/updated-carrara-8-5-beta-next-week-final-release-end-of-summer/

Until then, this should keep you busy:
http://carraracafe.com/luxus-luxrender-plugin-for-carrara-beta-released/

Signature 

Everything about Carrara: http://www.carraracafe.com/

Posted: 14 April 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

smirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I

“Director of Sales and Marketing at DAZ 3D:” That just blows it for me. Means it will be released regardless of condition or functionality.
Just what I want, another too buggy to use app. I predict It’ll be Studio 4 all over again. That C8.5 will be buggyer and less dependable then C8.1.

But not to worry, C9 will be out shortly after; and I mean VERY shortly. I may skip C8.5 altogether and just wait the 6 or so months for C9.

Posted: 14 April 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2007-07-13

So soon?

Signature 

- Live Long and Prosper -
My DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/1589

Posted: 14 April 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07
EddyMI - 14 April 2013 12:33 PM

So soon?

http://carraracafe.com/breaking-news-carrara-8-5-to-be-released-end-of-summer-with-several-new-features-carrara-9-to-follow-q1-2014/

“Exclusive news: Carrara 8.5 to be released end of summer 2013, Carrara 9 in Q1 2014”

Posted: 14 April 2013 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

Undoubtedly whenEVER they release it, it will have bugs, half-finished features, and fall short of the Holy Grail… There’s been at LEAST 1 version of the beta that was not public, so this is simply allowing longtime users to finally get some version of the latest beta…

End of summer is like September. C9 6months later, maybe if you want to spend the next 2 years in another beta. I’ll just be glad not to have to download 20 versions of unuseable Carrara8.1 just to get a timelimited beta that works with the last 2 operating systems…

And I appreciate the announcement because I have to load up a new computer and so maybe I will wait a week for this…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 14 April 2013 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6171
Joined  2007-12-04
3drendero - 14 April 2013 10:06 AM

More info here:
http://carraracafe.com/updated-carrara-8-5-beta-next-week-final-release-end-of-summer/

Until then, this should keep you busy:
http://carraracafe.com/luxus-luxrender-plugin-for-carrara-beta-released/

Excellent! Thanks 3drendero!
I am really loving both builds 132 and 172. It just cranks!
Really looking forward to putting this new beta through it’s paces.
Also, thanks for all the news on that new Lux tool for Carrara. He’s coming along with that pretty fast! smile

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 14 April 2013 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1388
Joined  0

C8.5 beta build 172 runs extremely slow on my system,  I didn’t find this with 132, is there any reason for the new build to run much slower?

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 15 April 2013 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15

Unless I missed a clarifying statement by DAZ, nobody said they would release C9 in Q1 of 2014. What they said was:

“We…....are working on some plans to release 9.0 either Q4 or Q1 2014.” 

That means nothing. Working on plans doesn’t they are going to do it, nor does it imply anything like a firm commitment. They are just working on plans to do something. In the real world that gives them infinite wiggle room to later say “well, we never said we would, we just said we are working on plans. And it turns out the plans didn’t work out, so now we’re working on other plans”. And so on….

And IMO, to state that C9 is “to be released in Q1 of 2014” is, well, pretty inappropriate to say the least.

If you want to believe happy stuff, then believe away. But anyone who has any experience whatsoever with software knows that plans change and release dates for betas and all other software can change at a moment’s notice. Just look at the history of 8.5…....how many times did THOSE plans change?

Geez, relax. C8.5 will be out when and if it comes out. And C9 might come out in our lifetimes. But don’t be surprised if it doesn’t. Find some other software to get all giggly over. The world won’t end if you try something else.

Posted: 15 April 2013 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Kharma - 14 April 2013 11:30 PM

C8.5 beta build 172 runs extremely slow on my system,  I didn’t find this with 132, is there any reason for the new build to run much slower?

Not sure… I haven’t experienced that on mine.

JoeMamma2000 - 15 April 2013 04:18 AM

Geez, relax. C8.5 will be out when and if it comes out. And C9 might come out in our lifetimes. But don’t be surprised if it doesn’t.

I’m in no hurries. I’m relaxed. Today, so far. But I would be very surprised if it didn’t.

JoeMamma2000 - 15 April 2013 04:18 AM

Find some other software to get all giggly over. The world won’t end if you try something else.

Trying… Giggling… Still like Carrara more than ever. Giggles some more smile

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 15 April 2013 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Carrara 8.5,... can take longer to open,... (depending on how much content you have installed)

C8.1 ..doesn’t need to access the content database and read through it,.. or look to see if you’ve just added some new “smart content”

so,. C8 will open faster than C8.5 (right now)... (depending on your content)

Posted: 15 April 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
3DAGE - 15 April 2013 04:58 AM

Carrara 8.5,... can take longer to open,... (depending on how much content you have installed)

C8.1 ..doesn’t need to access the content database and read through it,.. or look to see if you’ve just added some new “smart content”

so,. C8 will open faster than C8.5 (right now)... (depending on your content)

Is this a one-time thing or an everytime thing? I don’t use the content manager thing, I haven’t noticed it opening any slower…

I don’t think I can wait a week to load Carrara… :/

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 15 April 2013 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Congrats on the new computer!

Signature 

Posted: 15 April 2013 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2005-02-17

Why the dynamic cloth still cannot be properly run for different builds and versions?

Posted: 15 April 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI Holly smile

Carrara reads the database when you open the program,. so that’s what currently causes the slow start, ..compared to C8.
On my system right now, it takes 12 seconds to open C8, and over 2 minutes to load C8.5,. but I have a lot of installed content right now.

Once the database has been read,. Carrara can display the content and smart content. but will scan the data when you select an item in the scene, so that carrara can show you the smart content for that item,. like mat’s and poses for a selected figure, or clothing item.

so,. it slows down Carrara’s initial opening time, but once you’re in,.  then Carrara should work as quickly as ever.

smile

Posted: 15 April 2013 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Sam Wong - 15 April 2013 10:47 AM

Why the dynamic cloth still cannot be properly run for different builds and versions?

I cannot remember the details of the Transposer thing…
Supposedly, you can use a script within Poser to prepare your dynamic sims for export to use in Carrara. You can find that script in the “Downloads” section at Carrara Cafe. You’ll need to register an account in order to download. But you’ll like it there anyways. While your there, check out the cool magazines, galleries and such!
Sorry…
Daz Studio dynamic clothes were never supposed to work in anything but Daz Studio - which is the way Optitex had it set up. Somehow, the collada export used to work to enable the transition to occur. But since both D|S and Carrara have been developed beyond, Daz seems to have dropped giving us Collada support in favor of their own format, which worked but now is being changed for Genesis to a new DUF,
It’s all a big mess right now - from what I understand. I do my best to work from within Carrara, so I am blind to all of this, because I have no need to try it.

I have been thinking of using Poser Dynamic Cloth though, so I may be trying that script in the near future. Unless soft body physics improves a bunch before I get there… It just might. They have been working on it.

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2013 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07
Dartanbeck - 15 April 2013 11:54 AM

It’s all a big mess right now - from what I understand. I do my best to work from within Carrara, so I am blind to all of this, because I have no need to try it.

I have been thinking of using Poser Dynamic Cloth though, so I may be trying that script in the near future. Unless soft body physics improves a bunch before I get there… It just might. They have been working on it.

Yup. I was told quite some time ago that DUF may eventually be able to transfer the full dynamics. eaa.

Actually the bullet physics works well on poser dynamic clothes. The hard part is adjusting the clothes to fit the pose before running the physics calcs. But the bullet physics does work great now for stills. Just a bit of prep and pinning and most conforming clothes work.

Transposer worked fine. If it was still available I’d have it, be working with poser 6, and never tried to use Studio’s dynamics clothing scenes in carrara.

And I still recommend having Studio, if just for the tools for working content.

1 of 3