Digital Art Zone

2 of 13
David 5 Thread
Posted: 13 April 2013 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2003-10-09
daveleitz68 - 13 April 2013 10:46 AM

Having just gotten Stephanie 5 with the pro bundle, I’m quite pleased with it, more so than I was with Victoria 5.  Now with Michael 5, there’s already a good variety of characters available like Ashley, Santo, and Tyrese, to name a few, and some of these characters have the slimmer and smaller bodies available in their morph sets.  But I must admit I’m very curious to see what a David 5 pro bundle would look like and where he might fit between YT Justin and Michael 5.

I fully agree. I am quite curious to see that too. Anyhow I will buy him as I buy all of DAZ3D’s male characters…

Signature 

Erdehel’s deviantart page

Posted: 13 April 2013 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1785
Joined  2010-02-14

Trust me. David’s leanness is very useful, indeed. Yes, there are plenty of slimmer Real World male characters and morphs such Manly Men and just about ANYTHING made by Male-M3dia. But most of those male characters are just that, characters catered to M5. So as unique as they are, they still heavily retain much of M5’s proportions.

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5’s development, too! So I can only imagine what him and the others have got cooked-up this time around. Also, don’t forget, David isn’t just any male character, he’s a character made by MallenLane. So you KNOW D5’s going to be great! smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 13 April 2013 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2010-07-08
RCDeschene - 13 April 2013 02:30 PM

Trust me. David’s leanness is very useful, indeed. Yes, there are plenty of slimmer Real World male characters and morphs such Manly Men and just about ANYTHING made by Male-M3dia. But most of those male characters are just that, characters catered to M5. So as unique as they are, they still heavily retain much of M5’s proportions.

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5’s development, too! So I can only imagine what him and the others have got cooked-up this time around. Also, don’t forget, David isn’t just any male character, he’s a character made by MallenLane. So you KNOW D5’s going to be great! smile

Yes, I’m a fan of Male-M3dia’s shapes as well.

Posted: 13 April 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1747
Joined  2008-11-10

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5’s development, too

Wut? I did?

Sorry can’t take credit for any of that.

Posted: 13 April 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Male-M3dia - 13 April 2013 03:03 PM

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5’s development, too

Wut? I did?

Sorry can’t take credit for any of that.

Didn’t you imply that you helped with F5’s texturing in ZBrush? It was when you and Hellboy were fighting. As for M5, someone mentioned that you were involved in some aspect. If you weren’t, then allow me to be the first to inform you that some are under the opinion that you were. wink

But are you at least involved in D5 in any manner?

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 13 April 2013 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1504
Joined  2006-07-04

Let’s not loose sight of things, here.  We don’t know what David 5 is actually going to add to the mix.  The most we can do before he arrives is load in the clothing with D5 morphs and see what dialing that up (without it fit to Genesis) shows us.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 13 April 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2011-09-13
DaWaterRat - 13 April 2013 03:56 PM

Let’s not loose sight of things, here.  We don’t know what David 5 is actually going to add to the mix.  The most we can do before he arrives is load in the clothing with D5 morphs and see what dialing that up (without it fit to Genesis) shows us.

Ooh, did you try that? What did you learn?

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 13 April 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2006-11-10

I really hope he’s A5’s counterpart this time around. H5 certainly wasn’t.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 13 April 2013 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1010
Joined  2006-02-27

With the exception of Hiro I have been very happy with Gen 5 Shapes especially the teens and freak 5. If they were to put out a David five and depending on the bundles I would more than likely get either just the base or the starter bundle.
Freak is amazing and is in my opinion the best male shape since David 3

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-04
Storypilot - 13 April 2013 04:30 PM

That his hips are a touch thinner than base Genesis, and his calves are a little larger. smile  (see pic, using Sickleyield’s Dirty Denim skinny jeans.  Base on the left, D5 on the right)

Image Attachments
D5_Not_preview.png
 Signature 

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  557
Joined  2011-04-12
Storypilot - 13 April 2013 04:30 PM

From the Genesis Jeanz, his hips are narrower than Genesis default, and his legs are much less muscular than M5.
From the Wagner Ponytail hair, his head is narrower than Genesis default.
Those are the only two items I have so far with custom D5 morphs.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Sounds awesome already so far! Can we can a M5 FBM comparison?

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-04
RCDeschene - 13 April 2013 05:12 PM

I can do that

M5 left, D5 right

Edit - to be clear, I’ve just loaded the Skinny jeans in, shown hidden properties, and dialed up M5 or D5.  There may be additional morphing that occurs when properly fitted to a morphed Genesis

Image Attachments
D5_Not_preview_M5.png
 Signature 

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2011-09-13
DaWaterRat - 13 April 2013 05:15 PM
RCDeschene - 13 April 2013 05:12 PM

I can do that

M5 left, D5 right

Edit - to be clear, I’ve just loaded the Skinny jeans in, shown hidden properties, and dialed up M5 or D5.  There may be additional morphing that occurs when properly fitted to a morphed Genesis

Very interesting… looks like it more or less falls in line with expectations, narrower proportions, less muscular.. can’t tell much more than that I guess. But very cool!

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 13 April 2013 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

NICE! grin

I love the it! Looking at them together, the D5 shape looks much like the figure I usually have to spend large amounts of time experimenting with morphs just to achieve. So this shows my point exactly!

Though, judging by those pants alone, David seems a bit on the meaty side, himself. So he may need only a slight touch here and there of a few dials on my end to meet my tastes perfectly. smile

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

2 of 13