Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1541
Joined  2010-02-14

There’s no hiding it now, folks! He’s a-coming! cheese

Image Attachments
Untitled.png
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 12 April 2013 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29

Cool !!!

Posted: 12 April 2013 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1259
Joined  2011-09-13

I’m looking forward to seeing what he looks like!

I use the D3 morph for genesis as an ingredient in many of my male characters, and if he’s even more realistic (kind of how A5 has been.. i know D3 was more realistic to start than Aiko), I think that would be a great addition.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 12 April 2013 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2003-10-09

Good news indeed smile

Signature 

Erdehel’s deviantart page

Posted: 12 April 2013 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Storypilot - 12 April 2013 01:54 PM

I use the D3 morph for genesis as an ingredient in many of my male characters, and if he’s even more realistic (kind of how A5 has been.. i know D3 was more realistic to start than Aiko), I think that would be a great addition.

Funny you say that, because up until recently I was betting that D5 was going to be A5’s counterpart as a Game-style male, but then where would that leave S5? That and from what I’m seeing in the ReadMe’s (which ever ones are still around), D5’s going to be marketed with a Punk/Rock theme. Appropriate for an everyday “little brother” figure, don’t you think? smile

But, what I’m also wondering about, as I KNOW many others are, ESPECIALLY those who don’t have anything M5 Pro Bundle-related, is whether or not David will have “toast” like he did in Gen 3. Stephanie got the Female Genitalia, so the pattern really should be consistent.

Either way, I’m totally stoked that we’re finally get an official REAL WORLD male figure for Genesis that I have been begging for since Stephanie 5’s release, leanness and all! cheese

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 12 April 2013 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1438
Joined  2006-07-04

Yay for David 5.  smile

Back in Gen 3, he was my go-to male figure, even if I did have to scale him up a little to pair him with V3 (who just had a better wardrobe and selection of characters than Sp3)

The Punk/Rock theme is certainly an interesting one.  Maybe I’ll get a good 80’s flashback with something New Romantic-ish.  (I realize that some of the people here weren’t even in school when the New Romantic movement hit…)

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 12 April 2013 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1259
Joined  2011-09-13
RCDeschene - 12 April 2013 03:32 PM

Funny you say that, because up until recently I was betting that D5 was going to be A5’s counterpart as a Game-style male, but then where would that leave S5? That and from what I’m seeing in the ReadMe’s (which ever ones are still around), D5’s going to be marketed with a Punk/Rock theme. Appropriate for an everyday “little brother” figure, don’t you think? smile

But, what I’m also wondering about, as I KNOW many others are, ESPECIALLY those who don’t have anything M5 Pro Bundle-related, is whether or not David will have “toast” like he did in Gen 3. Stephanie got the Female Genitalia, so the pattern really should be consistent.

Either way, I’m totally stoked that we’re finally get an official REAL WORLD male figure for Genesis that I have been begging for since Stephanie 5’s release, leanness and all! cheese

Well, if so, maybe that rocker theme suggests D5 won’t be counterparting any one lady, and will be getting with all of them… S5 A5 V5 and beyond….

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 12 April 2013 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1665
Joined  2008-02-14
DaWaterRat - 12 April 2013 03:43 PM

Yay for David 5.  smile

Back in Gen 3, he was my go-to male figure, even if I did have to scale him up a little to pair him with V3 (who just had a better wardrobe and selection of characters than Sp3)

The Punk/Rock theme is certainly an interesting one.  Maybe I’ll get a good 80’s flashback with something New Romantic-ish.  (I realize that some of the people here weren’t even in school when the New Romantic movement hit…)

David 3 really had the more interesting face morphs for a variety of character possibilities.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 12 April 2013 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2006-10-01

Best part is he won’t be a David 4 clone. tongue rolleye

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 13 April 2013 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2011-04-25

I only have the default Genesis and Victoria 5 to play with and haven’t felt the need to purchase any other characters. I don’t even like V5’s body…(And why do I need 20 breast shapes?)

I’ve considered the Young Teens so I can have “younger” characters and softer jawlines, but you can achieve it with Genesis with a bit of morphing. So I don’t understand all of these new characters. Am I missing something? What’s the point of Aiko 5 and David 5 when the default Genesis can basically mimic these shapes? Sure, I look at them them and nod appreciatively when all the pretty promos are released but I never feel compelled to buy them. (Although I probably would if I was rich, just because…)

I’ll happily eat my words if David is released and he’s an awe-inspiring figure.

Signature 

My Store
http://www.daz3d.com/saiyaness

My deviantART gallery
http://vampyric-saiyaness.deviantart.com/

My Daz3D gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/1331

Posted: 13 April 2013 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Saiyaness - 13 April 2013 12:47 AM

I only have the default Genesis and Victoria 5 to play with and haven’t felt the need to purchase any other characters. I don’t even like V5’s body…(And why do I need 20 breast shapes?)

I’ve considered the Young Teens so I can have “younger” characters and softer jawlines, but you can achieve it with Genesis with a bit of morphing. So I don’t understand all of these new characters. Am I missing something? What’s the point of Aiko 5 and David 5 when the default Genesis can basically mimic these shapes? Sure, I look at them them and nod appreciatively when all the pretty promos are released but I never feel compelled to buy them. (Although I probably would if I was rich, just because…)

I’ll happily eat my words if David is released and he’s an awe-inspiring figure.

Because even with Genesis, each DAZ Iconic Couple caters to a unique genre that one couldn’t easily achieve without some heavy duty mesh alteration in an alternate program. There’s no way I would be able to achieve Hiro 5’s significantly stylized head and Anime/Manga thin body or Freak 5’s Sci-Fi steroid-induced greatness with any overly-idealized Michael figure. In fact, there were many complaints and much agreement that any attempted self-made youths with Genesis weren’t convincing enough before Thorne’s graceful gift of the Young Teens Julie & Justin!

Even now because of M5’s god-like build, any attempt to create a everyday proportionate male requires a bit of significant slimming and tweaking, where there should be a base shape for this already. This is the purpose that David serves, a complimentary alternative to the stockiness and having a world where your men look like they all have gym memberships. smile

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 13 April 2013 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2003-10-09

Aiko 3, David 3, and Michael 4 were the only figures I used extensively. I’ve gotten them all, though not all right away. Even the Vicky’s were rarely touched. Aiko 4 a bit, not too much. Girl never. Stephanie 3 once.

Now Genesis. Genesis has changed everything. Every figure is useful in some way. Every one. Even the ones I don’t care for much like Michael 5. I like his clothes though smile

Posted: 13 April 2013 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2011-04-25
RCDeschene - 13 April 2013 01:16 AM

Because Even with Genesis, each DAZ Iconic Couple caters to a unique genre that one couldn’t easily achieve without some vevy duty mesh alteration in an alternate program. There’s no way I would be able to achieve Hiro 5’s significantly stylized head and Anime/Manga thin body or Freak 5’s Sci-Fi steroid-induced greatness with any overly-idealized Michael figure. In fact, there were many complaints and much agreement that any attempted self-made youths with Genesis weren’t convincing enough before Thorne’s graceful gift of the Young Teens Julie & Justin!

Even now because of M5’s god-like build, any attempt to create a everyday proportionate male requires a bit of significant slimming and tweaking, where there should be a base shape for this already. This is the purpose that David serves, a complimentary alternative to the stockiness and having a world where your men look like they all have gym memberships. smile

Which is why I considered the Young Teens, for that reason. I have issues with the Basic Child too. Even with tweaking, there’s still something creepy and off about it.

I totally agree on the Anime, Freak and Toon fronts. They are highly stylized characters. For an Everyday Joe type character though, I don’t see why the default Genesis characters, with all their pot-belly/fat/ordinary morphs, isn’t enough to fill the slot.

I’m still keen to see the new David though. I like seeing new stuff…

Signature 

My Store
http://www.daz3d.com/saiyaness

My deviantART gallery
http://vampyric-saiyaness.deviantart.com/

My Daz3D gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/1331

Posted: 13 April 2013 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2834
Joined  2006-07-31

Which is why I considered the Young Teens, for that reason. I have issues with the Basic Child too. Even with tweaking, there’s still something creepy and off about it.

I use Young Teens in every fairy render I make now. From all Genesis subfigures, Stephanie, BaseMale and YT are most useful for me.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 13 April 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3565
Joined  2012-02-06
RCDeschene - 12 April 2013 03:32 PM
Storypilot - 12 April 2013 01:54 PM

If they go with the punk/rock theme, he’d be in good company: Bowie, Grohl, Navarro, Roth, etc… smile

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 13 April 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2010-07-08

Having just gotten Stephanie 5 with the pro bundle, I’m quite pleased with it, more so than I was with Victoria 5.  Now with Michael 5, there’s already a good variety of characters available like Ashley, Santo, and Tyrese, to name a few, and some of these characters have the slimmer and smaller bodies available in their morph sets.  But I must admit I’m very curious to see what a David 5 pro bundle would look like and where he might fit between YT Justin and Michael 5.

1 of 13