Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Pegasus Modeler 3.0
Posted: 26 April 2013 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-01-22

It’s more the “comforming” and “moving” correctly thing - I want to work over and also clean the Game-Mesh and then rig/conform it and behave like armor. I do not want my armor to bend in the wrong places and behave like rubber when my toon is posed.

I tried the attack skeleton in Carrara - but that does not really work nice - except on boots and helmest. Gloves for example just miff the hell out of me. Most of the time the index and thumb do not work properly and act as if glued together, despite the fact that they weren’t even touching when I added the skelli.

So far I know from reading various merchant posts about their work, the really good quality poser clothes/armor take a lot of time (many weeks, if not months) and are mostly done by studios who have more than just one professional person working on it.

My passion is creating scenes and textures/shaders and already there I am very often in conflict - creating a new texture or doing the scene first ^^ if I add modelling I doubt I ever get a scene done at all. I mainly use the Vertex Room or ZBrush for remodelling or adding detail to something. The utmost I am going to do from scratch are single inanimated objects like gnarly trees, organs (hearts and such) and other creepy things. But not really clothes.

So, even if it sounds silly and lazy - I am looking for something that helps me turning existing objects/meshes (e.g. exported from a game) into comforming clothes or armor that bend and behave correctly. Some sort of assistant which guides me through the fitting, rigging/conforming process - helps me cleaning up the mesh.

Posted: 26 April 2013 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2019
Joined  2008-01-28

hmm, doesn’t sound silly smile

the guy who makes Pegasus makes these http://3dutils.com/products/qc.htm

I imagine they would help

I have a large content library - why spend a week making soemthing you can get for a 1.99 ? wink
Cross dresser is really good for converting from one figure to another but it does have stray verticies which can be corrected in poser by adjusting the spherical fall off zones
but you can’t correct them in Carrara that I have found - adjusting the bones etc makes no difference,

as far as Poser, it’s pretty hit and miss for me adjusting fall off zones - but maybe I should read the manual smile

so what you need

1) an auto grouping tool: Poser 2012 will steel the bones from one figure and put them on your mesh
but you need to adjust the groups a little and the falloff zones
2) soemthing to transfer the eg M4’s morphs to your new conformed figure

in Pegasus you can make groups by hand but if you can get an autogrouper it will make life easier

someone like Rogue Pilot is the person to ask.

for gloves - there are so many bones in the hand it would be a nightmare,
for armour, from looking at some I have in my runtime, the more bits it has the more it will work in Carrara

ie if you had a chest plate made out of one piece it will bend like a toon

to exepriment I just took Celestial armour arm pieces, turned it into an object, reimported it to Carrara, attached it to the hip - and it worked “perfectly” with carrarra rigging.

the other choice with armour is to parent each piece to a bone in M4 , but there will be a lot of poke

PS how do we get skyrim meshs?

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 26 April 2013 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-01-22
head wax - 26 April 2013 02:55 AM

PS how do we get skyrim meshs?

Thanks for the tips. I will check those tools.

I have picked the Daedric Armir from Skyrim apart and re-used what I could use. Was not much hmmm
As you can see here: http://rhian-skyblade.deviantart.com/art/Seeing-Red-366849610?q=gallery:rhian-skyblade&qo=0

I got gloves Left and Right extra (but I turned them into bracer because of the finger issue)
I got the shoulder pieces Left and Right Extra
I got the Boots Left and Right extra

The chest-piece (which I haven’t used in my picture)  is more or less useless for me, because it has a skirt like tails around the legs and one center tail in front of the leg. (dunno what it is called in English… apron?)

In order to get the chest piece work I would have to treat those seperately - giving them their own bones and morphs so they do not entirely move and act like sticky rubber.

Skyrim Armor Export:

At You Tube were some nice guys who uploaded plenty of 3D Packages containing “all” armor and weapons including textures. Some of them are also rigged in CD4 format - but I can’t import that into Carrara and I have no idea if a CD4 rigged Skyrim Armor would be of any use.

Here’s the Link where I got the armor from because I was too lazy to export them all myself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRN57YMQUQ

Just check for 3D Skyrim Download or Objects at YouTube. There is a lot more smile

As for exporting Skyrim Meshes yourself out of Skyrim you need the following:

TES Skyrim

Step 1:
BSA Exporter (Skyrim Nexus has this)
this tool can read the BSA files of Skyrim and you can select what you want to export.
The BSA Files are seperate for each “theme” - Meshes, Sound, Textures and so on… so you need to go through the export process twice. Once for Meshes and once for the Texture/Normal/Specular Maps.

Ste 2:
NifScope (take it from SkyrimNexus if possible or from the original website where it comes from - not from any other website or you get Trojans)

You need this tool to convert the NIF files into OBJ format (only needed for the meshes)
I heard Blender also has something for that… Modder who do not work with stuff like we do, use this for their Mods.

That’s pretty much all you need to know smile the worst part is searching the database for what you want with the BSA Exporter.
No search function in there.

If you have questions about it, let me know. And if you like, I can send you the Daedric armor Pieces I have picked apart via mail as Car Files :D

Posted: 28 April 2013 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2019
Joined  2008-01-28

thanks Rhianna, that’s very kind of you to list those links and method! Obliged!

and what a great render this is!

http://rhian-skyblade.deviantart.com/art/Seeing-Red-366849610?q=gallery:rhian-skyblade&qo=0

smile

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

4 of 4