smile.

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 18 April 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

OMG, really? HW, You can have my sandwich and milk today! Heck… here’s my cookies too!
Thanks man… whoa!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 18 April 2013 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Another bizarroid thing today.
I’m messing around, checking out my new product page, here at Daz3d. Never knew that Mimic Pro for Carrara came with a copy of the stand alone Mimic Pro 3. Clicked on the Mimic Pro heading and it has a download Zip there. No installer… I just created a new folder called Mimic Pro inside my Program Files (86) > DAZ 3D folder, and unzipped into it. Low and behold… Mimic Pro 3 standalone! smile Sweet!  That thing makes PZ2’s!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 18 April 2013 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2207
Joined  2008-01-28

heh, well I wrote my review of Pegasus and you must have missed it….

it was charmingly written with a wonderful balance of wit and seriousness.

but seriously

but it just took me fr*&^*&^^5en ages to find this, I took me f65435645365en ages to find it the first time,
so I will leave it here, very valuable but simple stuff if you rig your own in poser or even use xdresser

http://www.evilinnocence.com/xd-pose-fix-tutorial

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2013 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
head wax - 18 April 2013 09:02 PM

heh, well I wrote my review of Pegasus and you must have missed it….

it was charmingly written with a wonderful balance of wit and seriousness.

but seriously

but it just took me fr*&^*&^^5en ages to find this, I took me f65435645365en ages to find it the first time,
so I will leave it here, very valuable but simple stuff if you rig your own in poser or even use xdresser

http://www.evilinnocence.com/xd-pose-fix-tutorial

I must have… when did you write it… in here, or the old forum…? I’ll look in this forum for it i the meantime… except that… I’ve been over exhausted this and last week. I’ve missed (I think) many things during this time. When the old forum went down, I missed a lot when this horrible forum software went live. I can’t believe it’s still this useless! lol
Anyways… I doubt you were talking about that clothing tearing link, right? That’s something else… isn’t it?
Like I said… overly exhausted… please pardon my numbness by the time I get here,

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2013 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

hmm

a few years ago I used to play ww2 flight sims for days at a time, at the end of it I was so tired i felt as if I’d flown those actual missions..
lucky i realised i was wasting my life.

Pegasus:

if you intend to model a lot of clothes it willsave you time
it speeds up the work flow
the uveeing is simple but no too bad
the tutorial is easy to follow but there needs to be more types of clothes shown in the tut
to make a simple shirt and uvee it would take 15 mins

if you have poser 2012 it’s a matter of taking it intoposer and it will autogroup it with the ‘transfer tool”
then you need to adjust the fall off zones as shown in the xdresser link

i can’t see that pegasus doesn’t do anything that carrara won’t do
it just makes the process simpler

shirt in pic is 15 mins work, simple but easy, it has two material zones, that’s all,
it could do with a normal map etc for wrinkles,

plus it needs buttons ... and a sword smile

PS Dartanbeck, take care of yourself otherwise you will burn out! There gets a point where a ” hobby” takes over your life and turns bitter

Image Attachments
Doc4.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
head wax - 19 April 2013 05:06 PM

plus it needs buttons ... and a sword smile

PS Dartanbeck, take care of yourself otherwise you will burn out! There gets a point where a ” hobby” takes over your life and turns bitter

Thanks man. Carrara has really been a help at getting me to relax. I used to wear myself to a puddle of goo in Neverwinter Nights, a Dungeons & Dragons computer game designed from the ground up to make building your own adventure modules a fun and easy experience. Adding content is simple using the utility that comes with the game for creating Hak Packs. You can paly online with any number of players and Dungeon Masters… highly addictive. Now I just work myself silly physically. It burns me out in a big way now. Must be getting old.

So you own Pegasus and like it. I am rather decided on doing all of my modeling in Carrara, since that’s where I’ll ultimately use it. But I’m not sure how to actually create clothing in Carrara, that could then be used on Daz People. I once heard that Wendy makes cloths work on people in Carrara. I want to ask her how she does it - because when somebody mentioned how she does it… it went right over my head. Some kind of “Follow” command somewhere? But Where?

What always intrigued me about Pegasus is that it has a single purpose. I can create my morphs in Carrara if I could get them into a conforming model - is the trick… for me. Unless I could figure out another way.

I’ll truly try not to burn out on this stuff… that would be bad. That’s the main reason I stayed small time with my playing drums, too. I never wanted to have it become anything less fun than it is.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2013 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

hi Dart

not sure of the question

to attach an obj as clothing is simple

eg

load in k4
position clothing correctly
click k4’s hip bone (in the instances list on the bottom right)
with shift key down click on object
go to the animation drop down menu at the top and select ‘attach skeleton”
then pose k4

select obj
in modelling room
select ‘animation mode (top right under edit mode it is middle icon)
once here in the top menus right at the very top you will see a brush icon - the weight painting brush
click on that and over on the right under weight painting make sure you have the rightbone selected
use the brush tool to paint the vertices that are not working on the clothing obj

simple smile

you probably new all this I think

ps not sure if the wight map saves tho

you can also do this in assembly room (see pic)

Image Attachments
fordart.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2013 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1537
Joined  2008-01-01

The weight map does not save, except for cr2 figures, although what the point of that is, is a puzzle.

Hey, head wax - that clothing could do with some DIRT!

Cheers:)

Dart - making conforming clothes for cr2 figures is a long and winding road - once you’ve made the clothing you need to make groups for each body part.  Many different ways of doing this - in Carrara, for instance, you can make a shading domain for each body part, take it into UV Mapper Classic (free) and assign each shading domain to a group.  Then into DS and use the legacy FST to rig it.  Somewhere In this process you need to get the Poser proportions right.

Much easier to do it for Genesis - simply import it in DS onto the figure and use the transfer utility - done!

Never tried doing it Wendy-style - sounds pretty simple, but the weight-painting in Carrara is the pits for me:)

Posted: 20 April 2013 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
Roygee - 20 April 2013 12:03 AM

The weight map does not save, except for cr2 figures, although what the point of that is, is a puzzle.

Dart - making conforming clothes for cr2 figures is a long and winding road - once you’ve made the clothing you need to make groups for each body part.  Many different ways of doing this - in Carrara, for instance, you can make a shading domain for each body part, take it into UV Mapper Classic (free) and assign each shading domain to a group.  Then into DS and use the legacy FST to rig it.  Somewhere In this process you need to get the Poser proportions right.

Much easier to do it for Genesis - simply import it in DS onto the figure and use the transfer utility - done!

Never tried doing it Wendy-style - sounds pretty simple, but the weight-painting in Carrara is the pits for me:)

heh, that’s funny Roy smile

enclosed is an object I made in pegasus then took it it into poser 2012 which auto grouped for me in the setup room
I’ve taken it back into pegasus to show the groups

the joints still need tweaking as far as the falloff zones
and the mesh splits at the groin when K4 does the splits

hmm, not sure why
maybe this thread would tell me http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2174/

Image Attachments
autogrouped.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

It’s exactly as HeadWax just described above your post! It is simple… I just didn’t know it was that simple… nor did I know the steps. So I’d imagine that I’d need to first apply a rig to the clothing obj, right?

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2013 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
head wax - 20 April 2013 03:18 AM

heh, that’s funny Roy smile

enclosed is an object I made in pegasus then took it it into poser 2012 which auto grouped for me in the setup room
I’ve taken it back into pegasus to show the groups

the joints still need tweaking as far as the falloff zones
and the mesh splits at the groin when K4 does the splits

hmm, not sure why
maybe this thread would tell me http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2174/

Yeah… I did already know how to go about making conforming clothes. Poser and/or the new D|S are great helpers for that.
What I didn’t know is how Wendy did it. Because she takes clothes that are made for entirely different thing, changes them around, and puts them on People that don’t otherwise exist but on her machine… and then makes it all work! She’s Genius, I tell you!
So now I have the clues I need! I’m not too fond of weight painting either, but there’s some pretty good write-ups around for helping to sort out the headache I’ve had with it.

Personally, though… I far prefer to just buy stuff that works and use it. I alter it dramatically. But I usually start with something that works out of the box. The time is nearing for me to expand upon that… maybe wink

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6060
Joined  2006-08-27
Dartanbeck - 20 April 2013 11:35 AM

It’s exactly as HeadWax just described above your post! It is simple… I just didn’t know it was that simple… nor did I know the steps. So I’d imagine that I’d need to first apply a rig to the clothing obj, right?

Nope. The clothing follows the rig of the figure. You will most likely need to weight paint it, and you will want to make sure it is sized to the correct proportions. The more polys the better bends. You could even import the .obj file for Poser clothes and use the above methodto attach them.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 20 April 2013 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1537
Joined  2008-01-01

@ head wax - can’t tell for sure, but it looks as if the crotch group doesn’t go all the way to the belt at the back?  If so, it means that the two legs in the backside area have different parent groups - you don’t want abutting groups with different parents, that will cause them to separate.  smile

2 of 4