RankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2013-02-02
Koukotsu - 20 May 2013 03:13 PM
rk66 - 20 May 2013 01:10 PM

Hi,
help this: http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/LuxRender_Light_groups

rk.

It doesn’t help, as far as I can tell there just isn’t a way to create light-groups in Carrara at the moment.

I’ll keep experimenting though, lol wink

Right now the light group is the name of the node.  Are you wanting to do different area ligths on the same node but different shading domains?

Image Attachments
fs1.png
 Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 20 May 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2010-03-06
SphericLabs - 20 May 2013 03:17 PM

Right now the light group is the name of the node.  Are you wanting to do different area ligths on the same node but different shading domains?

Hmm, I’m not sure why but my light emitting shaders/area-lights are all merging into one single group labelled “default…”

I have a sphere using a lux-area light material and a plane using it’s own lux-area light material and Luxrender wants to treat them as if they were a single light for some reason.

If possible I would love to be able to assign different light groups on a per-shader basis.

I’m using Windows 7 64-bit and the latest Carrara Beta (I think? red face)

Yeah, Carrara 8.5 Pro build 204 with the latest version of Luxrender standalone as well.

Image Attachments
Example-1.jpg

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04
Koukotsu - 19 May 2013 07:26 PM

Wow, I’m so glad I decided to crawl out from under my rock today, I’ve always wanted a Carrara/Luxrender plug-in big surprise

Looking forward to testing it thoroughly.

Yep, it works, speedy test render, lol:

Why, Hello Gorgeous! Say… you remind me of a girl I know from another thread. Mulberry’s her name, and ambient occlussion’s her game. Please… feel free to become rendered as often as possible. Oh… and get Koukotsu to post those renders, too… okay? smile

Sheeesh… she’s one cute little model, isn’t she?

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-06
Dartanbeck - 20 May 2013 04:09 PM
Koukotsu - 19 May 2013 07:26 PM

Wow, I’m so glad I decided to crawl out from under my rock today, I’ve always wanted a Carrara/Luxrender plug-in big surprise

Looking forward to testing it thoroughly.

Yep, it works, speedy test render, lol:

Why, Hello Gorgeous! Say… you remind me of a girl I know from another thread. Mulberry’s her name, and ambient occlussion’s her game. Please… feel free to become rendered as often as possible. Oh… and get Koukotsu to post those renders, too… okay? smile

Sheeesh… she’s one cute little model, isn’t she?

Believe me, there will be no shortage of Mulberry/A3 renders as long as I’m around wink

Hopefully I can get this Luxus business figured out soon and start bringing them into unbaised territory without having to wrestle with Blender grrr

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

I see that! Cool, Cool, Cool! Love to see it!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02
Koukotsu - 20 May 2013 03:45 PM
SphericLabs - 20 May 2013 03:17 PM

Hmm, I’m not sure why but my light emitting shaders/area-lights are all merging into one single group labelled “default…”

I have a sphere using a lux-area light material and a plane using it’s own lux-area light material and Luxrender wants to treat them as if they were a single light for some reason.

If possible I would love to be able to assign different light groups on a per-shader basis.

I’m using Windows 7 64-bit and the latest Carrara Beta (I think? red face)

Yeah, Carrara 8.5 Pro build 204 with the latest version of Luxrender standalone as well.

Can you screenshot your light emitting shader settings?

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-06
SphericLabs - 20 May 2013 04:35 PM

Can you screenshot your light emitting shader settings?

Sure, here it is, it is quite possible that I’m goofing up somehow on my end.

I’m just using a simple primitive plane.

Adding another primitive/vertex object/etc., and using a light emitting material doesn’t create a new light group, instead they all get grouped under the “default” label.

The shaders aren’t consolidated either, they are both individual/different materials.

Image Attachments
ShaderSettings.jpg

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02

Area Light goes in the Area Light slot.(the last one).  The one below Exteiror.  smile

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi Koukotsu smile

try this shader setting on each of your objects, they should then show up as individual lightgroups.

You can also set the main material to NONE, instead of the “Lux Null”
then set the Area light option at the bottom of the shader,. with your colour or whatever. smile

Image Attachments
area.jpgareas1.jpg

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-02

3DRage said it better.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 20 May 2013 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-06
3DAGE - 20 May 2013 04:55 PM

Hi Koukotsu smile

try this shader setting on each of your objects, they should then show up as individual lightgroups.

You can also set the main material to NONE, instead of the “Lux Null”
then set the Area light option at the bottom of the shader,. with your colour or whatever. smile

Oh yeah, that did it, thank you so much! cool grin

I would have never figured that out on my own, lol. red face

Posted: 20 May 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2004-08-24

Thanks Spheric smile and Koukotsu,.

good to see you and mulberry smile

It’s also important to name objects,. if you have multiple (duplicates) of an object,.
So that each object can be assigned to a different light group.

You can set different Area light shaders up,. but if you apply them to duplicates which are named the same EG: “Vertex Object”
then they’ll all appear as one Lightgroup called (Vertex Object),. even if they have different area light shaders applied to each duplicate.

give each duplicate a different name in the instance list, and you’ll get a lightgroup for each.

Image Attachments
areas2.jpg

14 of 14