Digital Art Zone

Forest Bundle Question
Posted: 09 April 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  320
Joined  2005-01-14

I’m interested in getting the Forest Bundle by Andrey Pestryakov, 

In the “additional information” box it says that this product is compatible with Poser, and I’m assuming that means all the Posers because it doesn’t specify any versions. 

However, when I looked at all the images, some of them have “For Daz Studio and Poser Pro”.

That’s a bit of a worry.  I have Poser 7, not Poser Pro.  Will the bundle work for me?  Will it work, but some feature or other won’t?

Posted: 09 April 2013 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1136
Joined  2003-10-09

It should work in Poser 7 but the forest loads in all at once so the problem will be its size. The couple of gigs available in 32-bit programs such as Poser 7 is limiting. I wanted it so bad when it came out but I waited until I got a new machine. And even though it loads fine for me and all, it’s still slow trying to move around.

However, if you load it up you can find the trees that aren’t in your view and either delete them or make them invisible though I don’t remember how to do that in Poser (been a long time).

It’s really a beautiful set and his trees are superb (the autumn and winter ones are textures for The Forest which is required.)

Posted: 16 April 2013 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2009-11-07
Tallulahdahling - 09 April 2013 06:43 PM

I’m interested in getting the Forest Bundle by Andrey Pestryakov, 

In the “additional information” box it says that this product is compatible with Poser, and I’m assuming that means all the Posers because it doesn’t specify any versions. 

However, when I looked at all the images, some of them have “For Daz Studio and Poser Pro”.

That’s a bit of a worry.  I have Poser 7, not Poser Pro.  Will the bundle work for me?  Will it work, but some feature or other won’t?

Yes requires Poser Pro (64 bit).
Poser (32 bit) can not render a picture it does not have enough memory, because forest scene is very big.

Signature 

More Environments at DAZ Store - My new products    |    DeviantART page    |    Youtube channel

Posted: 16 April 2013 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07

Please look at the possibility of OctaneRender for DAZ Stusio.
Forest + Forest Superior.
More details http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20589/

Image Attachments
Octane-FS-00.jpgOctane-FS-01.jpg
 Signature 

More Environments at DAZ Store - My new products    |    DeviantART page    |    Youtube channel

Posted: 19 September 2013 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  320
Joined  2005-01-14

Thank you, everyone, for your input.

Andrey, since I made my original post my old PC died for good and I had to get a new one - 64 bit.  I decided to learn DAZ/Studio 4.6 because I wanted the advantages of Genesis (without having to shell out a lot of money for the latest Poser), since I specialize in children and need to have some child versions of certain adult characters.  So now I should be able to enjoy your beautiful forest!

Thanks for the information.

Posted: 20 September 2013 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2013-08-27

Has the Forest Bundle already been on a special sale this month? *drooling on the keyboard*

Posted: 21 September 2013 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07
patrickgobels - 20 September 2013 04:57 AM

Has the Forest Bundle already been on a special sale this month? *drooling on the keyboard*

Unfortunately I do not know. It is better to ask this question the administration DAZ3D. wink

Signature 

Posted: 19 October 2013 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1519
Joined  2010-06-29

from somewhere inside the forest superior rendered just with one distant light and deep shadow map smile rendertime 15minutes

Image Attachments
Forest_Superior_River_2.jpg
 Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it