3 of 4
The Fabricator
Posted: 12 April 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2005-01-19
sikeus - 11 April 2013 10:13 AM
gilikshe - 11 April 2013 01:10 AM

An extra use for fabricator. It is not direct, It need some extra bricks. A little refresh for default textures with weaves and others seamless textures.

That looks great! What exactly did you do, if you don’t mind sharing?

I separate tiling for texture and weaves. Obviously, I can’t be more specific without detailing a PA shader.

Fabricator is a awesome tool, very versatile, truly.

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 12 April 2013 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
gilikshe - 12 April 2013 03:04 PM

An extra use for fabricator. It is not direct, It need some extra bricks. A little refresh for default textures with weaves and others seamless textures.

I separate tiling for texture and weaves. Obviously, I can’t be more specific without detailing a PA shader.

It does look great. I considered doing the product in Shader Mixer originally so that very separation could be achieved. but the “no preview until render” was a deal breaker for me. The product had to be suitable for a range of users, including beginners, and not being able to see what you’re doing would have sucked the fun out of for lots of people, as well as substantially increasing the time needed to retexture an outfit.

If this was fixed, I’d make another version of Fabricator.

Posted: 12 April 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04
Marieah - 12 April 2013 05:49 PM

It does look great. I considered doing the product in Shader Mixer originally so that very separation could be achieved. but the “no preview until render” was a deal breaker for me. The product had to be suitable for a range of users, including beginners, and not being able to see what you’re doing would have sucked the fun out of for lots of people, as well as substantially increasing the time needed to retexture an outfit.

Separate tiling would be great, but given the restrictions you pointed out, I think you made the right choice. It would be nice someday to be able to apply a weave to a textured (not tiled) diffuse, so I hope something like that is possible in the future.

Posted: 12 April 2013 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2005-01-19
barbult - 12 April 2013 06:30 PM
Marieah - 12 April 2013 05:49 PM

Separate tiling would be great, but given the restrictions you pointed out, I think you made the right choice. It would be nice someday to be able to apply a weave to a textured (not tiled) diffuse, so I hope something like that is possible in the future.

Totally the right choice. At the beginning for me “no preview until render” was very frustrating. In some case I didn’t understand some results.

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 12 April 2013 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
Marieah - 10 April 2013 06:27 PM

Yes indeed, for the ones with the word “Fabricator” in their name.

The “Weaves” in Fabricator add the 3d effect to make the fabric look real.

The free shaders that mention Fabricator were never intended to be used alone because they contain only diffuse color settings. Look at the Fabricator product page if you want to see how good they can look.

I noticed this when I applied a chainmail texture on the Wolf King-vest, as seen in this render
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8637962060/sizes/l/in/photostream/).
You’ll see how the edges are distinctively 3D and not ‘flat’. It was a first time using Fabricator, and
I regret not having using it earlier. I admit I’m pretty slow adopting things.

Posted: 12 April 2013 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1884
Joined  2005-04-15

Fabricator is definitely one of those tools every DAZ user should have in their arsenal, along with GenX and PoseMaster.  Here’s one I did for the Lost Treasures contest, using the old SP3 Travaillian and David’s cummerbund.  You’d never know those were items I picked up back in 2006.

Image Attachments
1003_Travalian_nights_SM.jpg
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 19 April 2013 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2009-08-28

What’s the difference

The daz store has a fabric texture program….1 Fabricator, 2 Silkessence, 3 The LaceMaker & 4 Ye Olde Clothe

Are 2-4 like add-ons to Fabricator…or are they off they themselves?

Posted: 19 April 2013 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Vata Raven - 19 April 2013 03:25 AM

What’s the difference

The daz store has a fabric texture program….1 Fabricator, 2 Silkessence, 3 The LaceMaker & 4 Ye Olde Clothe

Are 2-4 like add-ons to Fabricator…or are they off they themselves?

These are all standalone programs and all are created by me. They install within the Fabricator folder because the tiling within them makes them usable with Fabricator weaves, should the user wish to do so. But they have their own weaves. It is only the freebies that need Fabricator to look right. These secrets are actually revealed in the product descriptions. grin

The one that works exactly the same way as Fabricator is MachPack, which you didn’t mention.

There is also Totally Bazaar, which is standalone, like Ye Olde Clothe.

Here are some examples where LaceMaker, just at it’s default settings and user-diffuse, has been used to retexture the Flora Lace Dress for Genesis.

Image Attachments
lace.jpglace3.jpglace4.jpg

Posted: 19 April 2013 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Where can I find free texture for them?

Someone said there are free ones on Share CG…but I couldn’t find them.

Posted: 19 April 2013 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

Fabricator tiled textures on ShareCG =>

http://www.sharecg.com/b/7/materials/?keywords=fabricator&member;_type[All]=on&attribute;[2007][-1]=1&attribute;[2019][-1]=1&attribute;[2567][-1]=1&s=dd 

^ Copy and paste into browser address bar ^

Posted: 19 April 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Oh, I was looking under textures

How do you make your own shaders? It just seems neat that you can use all those free textures from over the net and use them in the add-on program thingy

Posted: 19 April 2013 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

Here you go smile

http://www.sharecg.com/v/57749/gallery/3/PDF-Tutorial/Saving-Shaders-and-Packing-for-DS-Fabricator

Posted: 19 April 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Oh cool, thanks…I can use it…whenever I finally get the software

Posted: 19 April 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24
Vata Raven - 19 April 2013 01:51 PM

Where can I find free texture for them?

Someone said there are free ones on Share CG…but I couldn’t find them.

Try this thread and you will have more than you can imagine smile

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=179014

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 11 June 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-07-23
Marieah - 09 April 2013 06:11 PM
Kyoto Kid - 09 April 2013 06:06 PM

...so one can create new textures to use with it?

Check my ShareCg freebies and you’ll find a tutuorial that teaches you exactly how to do just that. You can also grab the free sets other people made using the tutorial.

Is there any way to add fabrics to the Poser version? I have a bunch of tiles that I downloaded when I used DS and Fabricator DS and I’d love to be able to add them to the kit.

3 of 4