Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
So im trying DS 4.5 instead of studio 3 -please help not kill myself
Posted: 09 April 2013 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m on the same. That tells me we can get you up and running.

If I’m following the thread properly you have/had a DS3 content folder when you started? Yes/No?
And then you Installed content to the Default DS4.5 My Library folder in My Documents. Yes?No?
Then you started using the DIM (Daz Install Manager) that created the My DAZ 3D Library folder in Public/Documents. Yes/No?
After not seeing the content Appear you Hand installed some content, to which folder I never caught.

Is this correct so far?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 April 2013 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3104
Joined  2009-02-24
sgreco1970 - 09 April 2013 12:56 AM

to be honest, its the smart content tab that has the duplicates and I see no way to fix that.

Did you check my post? It details how to remove duplicates from the Smart Content tab. Usually it’s a metadata issue, which can be easily fixed.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 09 April 2013 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  448
Joined  0

Its alright guys. I thank you for all the help and advice but its just not working out. I spent a very long day and most of the night just trying to get items to install. Sometimes they did. Sometimes they didn’t. Sometimes they did and then, mysteriously, uninstalled and had to be reinstalled. I ran into every conceivable problem along the way, just trying to set figures up. Key shaping tools are not included in the genesis shaping bundle. I found the sea of tabs frustrating as there were tabs on the left, tabs on the right, tabs up above and swapping between them reset tools that I had undocked because I guess some people want seperate docking settings for each tab, though I’ll never fathom why. When I finally got some of the new clothes I bought to show up and applied them, my rather robust system became lagged and, after posing the figure meticulously, the clothing decided to simply fall apart at the shoulders. That was really the last straw.

For me, ds3 is streamlined and swift, I can plop out figures, clothes, hair, textures in seconds and start spending my real time posing as I desire -with no problems. To me, simpler is always better. Its why I shied away from poser in favor of daz in the first place. Like photoshop, I appreciated the simple, no frills design. I’m sad to see it become so convoluted in ds 4.5. I definitely see the benefits of the genesis system and I really like the zippy fast rendering capabilities of ds4.5 but, as it stands, its a black hole of time that could be spent on my art but is instead spent on just trying to make things work.

I have requested a refund for the genesis materials and will use ds 4.5 as a rendering engine, maybe. But for now, I just won’t be going back to use it to compose and pose, and I will not be using Genesis. I’m saddened to feel my connection to daz slimming as I accrue the last of the m4 items and scenery that I haven’t gotten to yet, knowing I won’t be buying much of anything new. Maybe ds5 and genesis 2.0 will wow me. Until then, I will stick with ds 3x and m/v 4 -and remain galadriel.

Peace my friends.

Posted: 09 April 2013 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

I fully understand. Happy rendering, I had DS4.0 for months before I even tried to use it for many of those same reasons.
Be Well.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 April 2013 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2009-04-24

LOL, I’m still using 2.3.  I downloaded 4.whatever, took a look at it read the forums, looked at it again and thought, “no way”.  Between learning Hexagon and Daz I’m progressing at my own pace which I suppose is incredibly slow.  Still enjoying the ride tho.

Signature 

Audiences know what to expect and that is all they are prepared to believe in.

2 of 2