It’s been a month and a half since my last update, but I’ve been busy with a number of projects. So far, Miki2 and JessiG2 along with their Ultimate Morph sets are working in DS4.6. I still really need to work out the neck seam issue though. My attempts at creating a patch didn’t work. There was a patch script on the old forms, but I don’t know who made it or where to find it anymore. I do have another option, but it requires manually editing the cr2 file.
I’m not totally pleased with the morph setup either. Sure, it works fine in DS3-4.6, and Poser as well. The problem is that DS4.x, my current platform of choice, still can’t import additional morphs without creating support files first, and those morphs can’t be added to a figure already in the scene. A whole new figure has to be added to replace the current one—not an idea solution. Short of having a working pmd pose plugin or converting the morphs to the new DS morph format, there isn’t much choice.
What do you guys think? Should I keep the current one-size-fits-all, but less than idea, solution, or convert the morphs to the DS format and leave everyone with the existing pmd support?
In the meantime, I’ve also been working on my projects for Little One. I’ve put in a lot of hours on the Summer Sun texture project. It’s sort of gotten away from me.:D What started as a two-piece swim set conversion of the SunSuit now has both one and two piece sets with nine styles and six colors. Then it expanded to six other items as well, with many styles and matching colors. Below is a small sample of what’s included.
The “Little Ones” set has also been expanded. The set originally had just girls of three ages, but I’d eventually replaced the older college-aged girl with a more mature mother character. I still liked the college girl, so I updated her to match the current set. There also was a young boy of similar age as the youngest girl, but I had trouble finding anything suitable for him. That’s changed with my new summer lineup, so I’ve not only brought him back but have three more guys of various ages to match the girls. To fit everyone in, I’m changing the name to “Little Family”. I just finished a test render of the new set.
Click thumbnail to see full-size image