Digital Art Zone

Set the Mood-Question about rendiering
Posted: 07 April 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4182
Joined  2011-11-25

I really love the light/camera set combo of Set the mood. But I’m having a bit of a problem with artifacts. I am simply using the default set 1, and the mood camera when I render. Some scenes are worse than others, but here is an example. Oddly, not all the packages in the set have this problem, but set 1, which I really like is particularly problematic

Can anyone tell me what settings I might try to adjust to prevent this from happening? I am using daz 4.5

Thanks

Image Attachments
example1.jpgexample2.jpg

Posted: 07 April 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m not sure about image1 (the guy giggling) but the other one has the Deep Shadow Map artifacts. They are caused by the render engine some times and the best fix is to just the set the lighting to Raytraced Shadows.

EDIT: Just one light set to Deep Shadows can cause the render errors.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 April 2013 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12

Oh. I thought just one light set to raytraced shadows could cause the render artifacts to go away. Thanks for clarifying, Jaderail.

Posted: 07 April 2013 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4182
Joined  2011-11-25

Thanks for the help. Hmm. This preset only contains two lights, both like Jaderail says were set to Deep Shadow. When I switched to Raytrace, the render became worse and there were odd lines and segments in the render, not to mention it became unearthly slow to render. 

The light set also has SHadow softness and shadow bias on.  I switched back to deep shadow map an dlowered Shadow Softness to 50% and the artifacts seem to be going away.

I’m not sure if that is the right thing to do, however it appears to work.

Posted: 07 April 2013 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

That should not be happening. You might have a Bad Download with just the one set being damaged.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 April 2013 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  1000
Joined  2003-10-09

For some reason I didn’t realize you were using Set 1. I tried Set 2 and it uses shadow mapping on all lights and I see no apparent problems with that. Straight out of the box so to speak….

Image Attachments
SetTheMood-cows.jpg

Posted: 08 April 2013 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5708
Joined  2006-02-20

Those deep shadow map artifacts are showing up with the current version of 3Delight that is used by DazStudio.
Two possibilities: move your camera an itty bitty little bit - that helps sometimes - or change to Raytraced reflections.

And hope for an updated version of 3Delight ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?