Digital Art Zone

2 of 19
Announcement: Evil Beware!  Genesis Supersuit is here!
Posted: 25 May 2012 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2010-02-02
DAZ_Rand - 25 May 2012 03:43 AM
Timmoth - 25 May 2012 02:29 AM

I’d love to see a shot showing all material zones.
I still haven’t seen any form of the suit that has a basic undies-style crotch(!?) It can’t be missing that ability, can it?

It does not have that ability… The aliens who designed it didn’t build that into the infrastructure smile

Actually, the reason it morphs so well is because it is based on the same geometry as Genesis and the mesh does not have an edge loop in that shape so it wasn’t possible.

It is EXTREMELY easy to fit the briefs that come in DS4 as part of the base content to the supersuit (not genesis) to get this look if you want it.

Seriously!?
All kinds of protest and flabbergastion are coming to mind right now, but I dont know what to say.
This would make it useless for almost every project I had in mind.
I’ve had things on hold for months waiting for this supersuit, but now I’m going to have to go back to the G-suit I think.
Hasn’t turned up in my account from my ‘Buy it All’ bonus either yet, so I’m going to bed now and rethink my 3D life.

Posted: 25 May 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ team, this product is awesome! Huge flexibility, professionaly done, and importantly for me, yoiu’ve kept the base resolution down so it’s extremely usable (and scaleable). Thanks for a great product!:-) Just renewed my platinum membership for this.

Posted: 25 May 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2003-10-09
Timmoth - 25 May 2012 04:57 AM
DAZ_Rand - 25 May 2012 03:43 AM

I still haven’t seen any form of the suit that has a basic undies-style crotch(!?) It can’t be missing that ability, can it?

It does not have that ability… The aliens who designed it didn’t build that into the infrastructure smile

Actually, the reason it morphs so well is because it is based on the same geometry as Genesis and the mesh does not have an edge loop in that shape so it wasn’t possible.

It is EXTREMELY easy to fit the briefs that come in DS4 as part of the base content to the supersuit (not genesis) to get this look if you want it.

Seriously!?
All kinds of protest and flabbergastion are coming to mind right now, but I dont know what to say.
This would make it useless for almost every project I had in mind.
I’ve had things on hold for months waiting for this supersuit, but now I’m going to have to go back to the G-suit I think.
Hasn’t turned up in my account from my ‘Buy it All’ bonus either yet, so I’m going to bed now and rethink my 3D life.

We wanted “briefs” from the very beginning, but it wouldn’t work within the structure of the mesh,  it is a minor incovienience to use the DS4 briefs.  Trust me. I have recreated every hero from superman and batman to underdog. Nobody said that you had to use the suit by itself for every purpose… I mean… It is flexible enough for that in many cases, but sometimes it needs accessories. It won’t make a cape either… You have to fit that separately as well.

Give the briefs a try, also look for the separately sold supersuit belt, boots and cape new from the platinum club.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posted: 25 May 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-03-05

oh… yes lol

Posted: 25 May 2012 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-05
DAZ_Rand - 25 May 2012 05:05 AM

We wanted “briefs” from the very beginning, but it wouldn’t work within the structure of the mesh,  it is a minor incovienience to use the DS4 briefs.  Trust me. I have recreated every hero from superman and batman to underdog. Nobody said that you had to use the suit by itself for every purpose… I mean… It is flexible enough for that in many cases, but sometimes it needs accessories. It won’t make a cape either… You have to fit that separately as well.

Give the briefs a try, also look for the separately sold supersuit belt, boots and cape new from the platinum club.

ooh when might those be out then?

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

This suit really is awesome and very versatile.  With some imagination and various shaders you can create lots of different outfits, you really get alot with this suit.  Here are a few of my renders.

Image Attachments
velvetrs.jpg
grim2rs.jpg
gorullasuitrs.jpg

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  899
Joined  2012-02-03
chiefarchon - 25 May 2012 05:54 AM
DAZ_Rand - 25 May 2012 05:05 AM

ooh when might those be out then?

Yeah, those sound like must-haves. Not that the suit itself won’t keep me busy, but still…I guess I want it all. Good think I’m on vacation next week. grin

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-05

Yes, me too.

Every line is a material zone, every space surounded by 4 lines is yet another material zone. Where two lines intersect is another material zone again.

We are talking Awsome here…

Image Attachments
Mat_zones_1_F.jpg
Mat_zones_2_f.jpg
Mat_zones_3_f.jpg

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-05

In case you thought that, for instance, the green colour in the arm was just one zone….. Wrong

Image Attachments
Arm_Zones_1.jpg

Posted: 25 May 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m really liking this. A couple of things I’ve noticed though, I wish there were better options around the knees and elbows to allow for better armour pieces design. You rarely get armour designs without these and ommiting them from the supersuit was a bit of an oversight. Perhaps in a future update?
Still very nice though.
I also like the fact they provided an easy to use undersuit too. Adds a lot to the value and flexibity.

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2003-11-27

Could someone, please, post fur preset render?

Signature 

Asus P9X79 WS, i7-3930K@4250mHz, Zotac gtx 580 amp2! 3gb + Zotac gtx 580 3gb + PoV gtx 580 3gb, 32 gb 4-ch Geil, 1350 wt Thermaltake, system/soft 240 gb sata III ssd, temp/swap 128 gb sata III ssd, 2 tb sata III hdd, AeroCool Strike-X ST.

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

A first play with the supersuit

NB skirt was seperate wink

Image Attachments
supersuitforum.jpg

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-05

The Supersuit can be a little stubborn at times, when it comes to fitting to a posed figure. So either i’ll have to learn how to use it better or they will have to do some tweaking. I still love it to pieces though.

Image Attachments
resting2.jpg

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2009-06-17

When will the price be adjusted?  It says 40 percent but last time I checked 38 is NOT 40 percent of 100…

I want to buy this now, but paying two dollars extra…  Yes I am cheap.

Can we just put in a ticket for the two dollars? 

Anyone tried that?

EDIT—

OK well NOW it shows up at the right price…  But I added another item and it came up as 0.00 I actually removed it so I didn’t test to see if it worked…

Now let’s see if I can check out.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Gallery http://namrettek.deviantart.com/

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
-willowfan- - 25 May 2012 09:22 AM

A first play with the supersuit

NB skirt was seperate wink

That’s a nice render. Nicely done grin

2 of 19