Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Query for more in depth support on D-Formers
Posted: 09 April 2013 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2013-02-28

I’ll give that a whirl next time I fire up DAZ.

Signature 

The Universe is a hairball. It was made by Fritz the Cat.raspberry Einstein claimed it was a plate of spaghetti, but you don’t want to know what transpired between him and Elsa for him to arrive at such a eureka moment…

Posted: 09 April 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

On my screen (4.5pro) edit has no SaveAs, but Files does. I could not find those following steps/functions.

I tried a few saveas’s in different formats, but was still unable to save the modified Genesis as a new actor and have the morphs load into a new scene. I did save the original scene, though, so when I load that scene all the morphs are there. One I saved as a shape file, but it would not apply to the new actor.

Signature 

The Universe is a hairball. It was made by Fritz the Cat.raspberry Einstein claimed it was a plate of spaghetti, but you don’t want to know what transpired between him and Elsa for him to arrive at such a eureka moment…

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

The steps. Create your deformer and the Morph from it. Test on your Figure. Then do this as shown bellow. Then fellow Hellboy’s instructions.
Your Morph/s should now list in your LIST of morphs in all Genesis figures in the Future.
You are Correct it should have been the FILE menu.
Click image for full size.

Image Attachments
Morph_Asset.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

That worked! Now I feel better about creating my army of characters. 

It seemed as though it might be possible to make clothes right in DAZ. Is that correct? If so a point in the right direction would be helpful. If not, would this be on of those areas where Blender comes in handy?

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2013 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Blender or Hexagon would be better choices for Creating the clothing Mesh (object file) DS has all the tools needed to rig to the figures.
Some Great threads on the topic here also. I like this one. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2174/

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 11 April 2013 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

Now that I’m having fun with morphs, I’m wanting to have fun with hair…

Particle systems were mentioned in another thread. Does DAZ have particle systems?

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

DS4.5 does not as yet but a Plugin is in the works I do believe.

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

Hmmm… I see learning the state-of-the-art (no pun intended) figure modeling is a journey more than an end. What comes to mind is learning the Python scripting language. With my current programming to do list, that’s enough to make a fellow want to run out back and scream, or at least grab a V8 Juice. (Try to remember to open and drink before smashing can on forehead… or the foe’s head…)

Can I remove a set of morphs from an object after saving them with the Morph Assets? I actually modified the Genesis original and, although the results were respectable, I didn’t want them to be a permanent inheritance.

I have a CPU use gadget on my W7 desktop. I should experiment with morphs and higher res on this machine, I imagine, seeing just what it does. 4Gb RAM at 64bits does wonders compared to 2Gb at 32bits on the other one. The other one has more screen real estate…

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

There is two ways around the altered Default Genesis, one is just to reinstall the Starters Essentials pack. The other I’ll need to hunt down for you.

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

It would be good to know “the other.”

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14248
Joined  2003-10-09

Reinstalling won’t help as it will not remove the additional files. If you go to \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs there should be a folder with whatever you entered for your name when saving the morph assets, and in that there should be a folder with the product name, and in that there will be the .dsf files for the morphs - delete those.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

AH did not know the reinstall would not work. Takes notes.

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

What directory would I find Data?  Looked in WE and could not find it…

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

Never mind. Used the search, found it, them and deleted them. Checked. All is good. Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2013 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

This is what I did:

I deleted all the morphs. I created a new actor from Genesis. Called that character “Genesisf1” now anatomically correct, or closer to such. I saved the morph assets. They reverted back to the original Genesis. Can I delete the morphs from the original but retain them in the Genesisf1?

Signature 

2 of 2