Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
i love daz studio, but i was harshly made fun of in a contest. why?
Posted: 06 April 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  662
Joined  2012-02-06
noved123 - 05 April 2013 09:47 PM

the catagory was “worlds and weather” this is the render right here. its the first one i ever made as well, its not the amazing stuff you see on the gallery, but its ok for a small render. i used a fully custom lighting script and hand painted those textures, and splashed them onto some primitives i baked up.

noved, for a first render this is a whole can of whoopass cheese

And considering you made the assets in Maya and ZBrush and custom scripted the lighting big surprise  You should hold your head up high, dude grin

Here’s a thread that may speak to you: it’s about those who use software associated with prebuilt content and what they face in websites fulla tools.

Chin up, bucko; you’ve done yourself proud smile

Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 06 April 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2005-11-06
noved123 - 05 April 2013 08:18 PM

i entered a pretty well made (in my opinion) render, which contained all custom items that i made in maya, and some in z-brush. it even had lighting that i custom scripted myself. when i told them i had used daz studio to render, i was laughed at by everyone in the contest, they told me never to submit anything from poser or daz…but iv always loved daz studio, so im not understanding, is it not acceptable to use it?

Unfortunately the freedom of the internet allows for freedom of stupidity to be shared….don’t be put off by some snobbish sentiments.  If they were true artists they would understand that it’s not the tools you use to make your artwork that matters. And if there was something they felt could be improved they should have had the decency to give some helpful, friendly advice, especially as it was your first render.

Ignore them and keep on with your artwork!:-)

Signature 

BEGINNERS TUTORIALS FOR BRYCE
MY DAZ 3d STORE  for Bryce & DAZ Studio Materials and Shaders
BRYCE ARENA News and resources for Bryce

Posted: 06 April 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2012-01-23

its obvious i am dealing with artists of a higher caliber than those who caused my soul stab at that comp. which, quite frankly, has renewed my creativity. i am probably going to spend all night on z-brush, channeling the daylights out of this encouragement. :D

Posted: 06 April 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3030
Joined  2009-02-24

I hope you’ll share your work with the rest of us when you’re done. Despite you being fairly new to the software, you’re off to a fantastic start in my opinion. The forums are full of friendly folk, so if you ever get stuck trying to achieve certain effects or if you have difficulty with content just ask. I’ve only been using Daz Studio since around October last year but I’ve found it pretty easy to get stuck into. So much so it’s overtaken Poser as a favourite now.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

well, i could show you the first render i made that has characters in it, i did manage to put this together awhile ago. it uses the standard genesis figure accept highly shader modified. and it was not rendered in daz studio, rather a standalone 3delight engine script.  (pretty much the same) 

ps. is their a part of the forums or gallery soley for posting your renders? ill head over to that one and share more, because to be honest, i thought my work was no where near fit to be shown, but now i see i simply had low confidence in my self :D

Image Attachments
them3.jpg

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8208
Joined  2009-05-14

yep you are an artist indeed with the self flagellating attitude you have like so many here me included. Many times I have thought an image was not good enough for me which a high number of folks loved. That image is not good you say but in truth it is pretty darn good. Like the water too. Yes the figures could have more emotion on their faces and some ripples around the legs. But overall I like it.

So you aren’t new to this then by the looks?

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Here you go http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/2/ start your own thread so I can see all your great art.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

Szark, i am new to rendering and 3d presentation in general, but i have had formal training in the use of Z-Brush, and mostly make models for video game modifications like skyrim or the fallout series, things like that.  so yes im new to actually making the things i model look shaded and visually appealing, but not to the modelling. i even ported some models from some video games into 3DSmax to try animating them….not as simple as i thought lol…though i did manage to make batman do a harlem shake dance.

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8208
Joined  2009-05-14
noved123 - 06 April 2013 03:36 PM

though i did manage to make batman to a harlem shake dance.

watching Batman will never be the same again now with that image in my mind. raspberry

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24

If only I could convert MMD files into BVH I might get my Hare Hare Yukai dance with ChibiBel or Sadie. You can keep your Harlem Shakes :D

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 06 April 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

hey, the harlem shakes are the piller of our civilization. how dare you sir. :D

ps. i made a gallery. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20102/

Posted: 06 April 2013 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8220
Joined  2009-07-13
HeraldOfFire - 06 April 2013 03:51 PM

If only I could convert MMD files into BVH I might get my Hare Hare Yukai dance with ChibiBel or Sadie. You can keep your Harlem Shakes :D

LiveAnimation http://www.drf.co.jp/liveanimation/index_en.html

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 06 April 2013 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8220
Joined  2009-07-13

don’t ask me how though, no idea

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 07 April 2013 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24

I’ve tried that. To say the results were odd would be an understatement. There’s almost no bend in the limbs, so it’s like watching a marionette (a puppet, not a fat, cross-dressing plumber) or some horribly mutated creature from the black lagoon. The horrors I have seen cannot be unseen.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 07 April 2013 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2009-06-14
noved123 - 06 April 2013 03:04 PM

well, i could show you the first render i made that has characters in it, i did manage to put this together awhile ago. it uses the standard genesis figure accept highly shader modified. and it was not rendered in daz studio, rather a standalone 3delight engine script.  (pretty much the same) 

ps. is their a part of the forums or gallery soley for posting your renders? ill head over to that one and share more, because to be honest, i thought my work was no where near fit to be shown, but now i see i simply had low confidence in my self :D

Wow great pic and so was the other!  If you work isn’t fit to be shown then I should never post mine lol.  I’ve seen lots of different posts and your’s are nice!

2 of 3