Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Opinions about the printed book “The Official Guide to Using DAZ Studio”
Posted: 03 April 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  255
Joined  2005-07-17

I am going to do something for the first time, and that is disagree with Wancow.  The forums are useful for those tricks and tips kind of thing and helping with specific questions, but for basic learning, nothing beats a manual and both written and video tutorials.  Trying to learn a new program by posting questions as they come to you seems to me a formula for frustration.

And if this book in question has no affiliation with DAZ3d, what makes it “official”?

Posted: 03 April 2013 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1749
Joined  2012-04-14
sfaa69 - 03 April 2013 12:45 PM

I am going to do something for the first time, and that is disagree with Wancow.  The forums are useful for those tricks and tips kind of thing and helping with specific questions, but for basic learning, nothing beats a manual and both written and video tutorials.  Trying to learn a new program by posting questions as they come to you seems to me a formula for frustration.

And if this book in question has no affiliation with DAZ3d, what makes it “official”?

Daz sold the first version and gave them content to include in the book.

I have the second edition. As a person new to 3d. I found it very useful. It covered a lot of basic things that I didn’t know or understand. Other’s may not find it so useful. There is a thread about the original version here: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2129335

Posted: 03 April 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12

I have both books. The first book is the one to get, since it still has the content CD, which is fabulous. I didn’t learn much more with the 2nd book than the first.

Posted: 03 April 2013 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2004-06-13

I have the first not the second. The book was of little use to learn the programs that came with it.  The few time the author did provide information for the software he was wrong more often than not.  It had some good general info on composing, posing, and lighting, that and the content made it barely worth the price.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 03 April 2013 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1900
Joined  2011-07-31

I have the second edition and it has been very helpful to me.  I still refer to it.  Well worth the cost, especially for a beginner.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

2 of 2