Digital Art Zone

5 of 8
BRYCE RENDERING CHALLENGE   Inaugural Challenge   NEW BEGINNINGS.
Posted: 14 April 2013 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  662
Joined  2008-11-26

Just saw this thread. All the WIP are awesome. I hope to get an entry into too.

Posted: 15 April 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  583
Joined  2011-02-03

@ Horo- That is a cool way of thinking about it, and nice to know others have the patience issue too cheese

@ GussNemo - Yeah I tried some of the tutorials when I first started but for some reason it didn’t click. Then I came back to it when I got a chance to get Horo and David’s Bryce Tutorials and it was like a light bulb went off.  Thanks for the suggestions grin and I was considering a sky change but was on the fence on if it was the right move or not. Also thanks for the kind words.

@ Chohole - Wow, that’s what i was looking for. Quick Question how did you do the snow inside?

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/68
My deviantART http://kitashrak.deviantart.com/

Posted: 15 April 2013 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15588
Joined  2003-10-09
JK0011 - 15 April 2013 01:00 PM

@ Horo- That is a cool way of thinking about it, and nice to know others have the patience issue too cheese

@ GussNemo - Yeah I tried some of the tutorials when I first started but for some reason it didn’t click. Then I came back to it when I got a chance to get Horo and David’s Bryce Tutorials and it was like a light bulb went off.  Thanks for the suggestions grin and I was considering a sky change but was on the fence on if it was the right move or not. Also thanks for the kind words.

@ Chohole - Wow, that’s what i was looking for. Quick Question how did you do the snow inside?

I used a prim either a cylinder or a rounded edge cylinder and flattened it then turned it on itd edge, fitted it into the globe behing my goddess figure and applied a volumetric snow mat. (there is one in the Pro materials)  altered the repeat a little.  Plays havoc with render times, but does look good.  You could even duplicate the sphere and make it a tad smaller and apply the snow mat to that, to get a real snow globe look.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 17 April 2013 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1427
Joined  2011-09-25

@JK0011:  When I create something I usually end up with several iterations before settling on the final image.  I’ll change this or that, save each one, try something else, save that, and eventually get something I like that fits with the overall creation.  And I’ve even had inspirations while the final render is taking place and stopped the render to make the changes.  Thing is, don’t be afraid to make changes.  You might surprise yourself one time with a result you didn’t expect but looks wonderful.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 17 April 2013 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes I agree.  One of the best features of Bryce is the incremental saves, so you never need lose anything and can always go back steps.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 17 April 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

Bryce saves incrementally as long as the first saved image is numbered.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 18 April 2013 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3454
Joined  2004-10-01
GussNemo - 17 April 2013 02:53 PM

Bryce saves incrementally as long as the first saved image is numbered.

And has no zero. If you have a file name myfile01, the incremental save will make it to myfile2. A bug reported already with Bryce 5.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 20 April 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2682
Joined  2007-05-05

I hope this is the right place for my entry….I call it cabin by the lake…took about 3hrs to render have used davids land material and some trees from xfrog the cabin was a freebie I just changed the materials..I hope you like it ...everyone elses work is really great!!!.....coments are welcome and appreciated Thanks Trish

Image Attachments
house_in_the_woods13.jpg
 Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 20 April 2013 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4696
Joined  2004-07-01
bullit35744 - 20 April 2013 07:00 PM

I hope this is the right place for my entry….I call it cabin by the lake…took about 3hrs to render have used davids land material and some trees from xfrog the cabin was a freebie I just changed the materials..I hope you like it ...everyone elses work is really great!!!.....coments are welcome and appreciated Thanks Trish

fine work - keep it up

Posted: 21 April 2013 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@bullit:  That’s a nice image.

Signature 

Posted: 21 April 2013 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  662
Joined  2008-11-26

Very nicely done Trish… very serene, a place where I would love to live.

Posted: 21 April 2013 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2010-02-18

Bullit…yeah, love the lighting on the roof.

Posted: 21 April 2013 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2010-09-30

bullit35744 I really like the image.
Well done !

Posted: 21 April 2013 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

This reminds me, I really need to put up a “Clean” thread for people to just upload the finished images to.  red face

Signature 

Posted: 21 April 2013 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3454
Joined  2004-10-01

@bullit35744 - two things that bug me a bit. The first is the cottage which looks like a picture. Try to rotate it a bit so we can see a bit more from a second side. The other is the black shadow on the left railing. If you can select just this railing (or create a 2D face with the same material and align it over the black part), and give it a tiny bit of ambiance, 5 or 10% at most. Just to break the black. Otherwise, really, this is a very nice scene!

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

5 of 8