Digital Art Zone

3 of 100
Novica & Serene Night’s Renders, Tips, Tutorials & Product Reviews Part 1
Posted: 05 April 2013 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7219
Joined  2012-09-10

Remember, the face is distorted due to the really close zoom- just look at the skin texture. Nice for a freebie and to start out with. I didn’t do anything except load it. This is “Basic Child.”

Image Attachments
uvmap2.jpguvmap3.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 05 April 2013 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

To answer a PM (private message, and yes, if you’re a bit shy about posting, or want to ask a question, PM me- no problem)
The answer is no, my character Kaetl is not Basic Child or Basic Female. It is Caitlyn, who I LOVE.  Kudos to Artemis3d, beautiful work!

http://www.daz3d.com/caitlyn-for-victoria-42-genesis

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 05 April 2013 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Here’s Lana, the free basic woman texture you will have with Genesis Essentials. Compare to the Basic Child. Whatcha think?  I think UGH when comparing this to the child. (no changes in settings, this is right out of the box for both, so to speak.) I love the Basic Child!

EDIT: Added second image.

Cathie

Image Attachments
uvmap5Lana.jpguvmap6Lana.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 05 April 2013 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Here’s where they were in my DS4.5 and I have not changed my layout, it’s the default.

Image Attachments
uvmap4.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 05 April 2013 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

And here’s Lana compared to Jeremy (he’s on bottom) Will post a closeup of Jeremy without his gal-pal. Wow, talk about blood shot eyes! (Click all these to see them closeup.)

Image Attachments
uvmap7LanaJerem.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Jeremy.

Image Attachments
uvmap8Jerem.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Meet Kaetl’s younger sister, Mckenzie.  Wanted to show you Caitlyn in another character besides Kaetl. Will get Kaetl in a minute, after I do a screenshot of Mckenzie in the same outfit as Kaetl so you can see the beautiful texture.

Image Attachments
mckenzie1.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Again, love that 50’s shirt for fast posing. Still using Caitlyn for the texture.

Image Attachments
mckenzie2.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Kaetl- to show how nice this Caitlyn texture does for closeups.
NOTE: these are all without the spot renders. You are comparing apples with apples that way. They all appear slightly darker when spot rendered, but as I said, there has been no alteration done to the Surfaces so you can tweak them to get these tones/hues. I just wanted everything to be the same and didn’t have time to spot render ALL of these. (Going on 4:30am as it is smile  )

Image Attachments
uvmap9kaetl.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1376
Joined  2010-03-25

I like how you shown your progression, really nice to see how far you have come Novica smile

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 06 April 2013 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

I’m delighted you’ve stopped in! I surfed you three or four days ago and you are quite an inspiration! Eventually I’ll get to animation. Of course I loved the one with the horses in it!  It’s interesting to try and guess which sets you’re using too. Anyone reading this thread should click on Ivy’s signature link and take a peek at her YouTubes.  I like the music in New Dawn II Taking Back, really adds to the suspense.
Ivy’s Art Studio thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9050/  has one of my favorite themes- nautical! (As someone said, bring the rum!)

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

TIPS:
If someone is giggling with their hand over their mouth, bring their shoulders up. Try it- (of course, get where no one is watching you!)  A giggle just isn’t a giggle unless you are doing it so hard you’re about to lean over with laughter. And right before you do- YOUR SHOULDERS COME UP AND FORWARD.  Maybe we should do some giggle posts.

If your character is giggling and has their head tipped back, the shoulders can still come up, just (IMO) to a lesser extent.

BTW, this has nothing to do with Ivy- I’m working a scene and I always act them out. Kinda hard at age 56, but heh!  I’m going to have the green dinosaur climb on top the guardsman’s fluffy hat, and Kaetl just can’t believe it!

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

How does talking affect your posing? Will your character be talking? Should they be?

TIP:

Instead of just getting the “general feel” of a scene, if there is going to be interaction between two characters- WHAT ARE THEY MOST LIKELY SAYING? Are you doing all your renders the same way, with all talking, or all action and no talking? Are both characters doing the same thing all the time?

Determining the character’s speech vs no speech is how I start my posing, and how I rendered Kaetl.

First, I had to decide that she would not be saying anthing-she found it so humorous that dragons are afraid of a beautiful bug- but she is trying to hide it SOMEWHAT and be supportive. Well, tolerant. She is a warrior after all.  In other words, if the dragons turned and looked, they’d see her smile, but that smile could be taken as a SLIGHT “Isn’t that gorgeous?”  She’s not thrilled with baby dragon-sitting. So a half smile is most appropriate.

That wasn’t by accident that the mouth is at that angle, you can see the corners of the mouth curve up, but it is not the focus of the scene, it’s a supporting element. But getting those corners turned up was planned and experimented with from different angles. But I’ll be posting about use of space, and it had to meet those requirements too. (So many posts, so little time, it’s 75 degrees and gorgeous and I’m not out horseback riding, why? Answer- I love this stuff and appreciate all of you who have stopped in to my little corner of the world. So let’s keep going)

One of the first things that may help you when you’re posing would be to decide if your character is talking or not- which means you simply HAVE to get in that character’s frame of mind. What would they be saying? At the point in time that you have captured, are they keeping their thoughts to themselves, would it be more effective to be sharing them, or have they finished the encounter? (and the outcome was ? Basically you show outcome with level of energy, shoulders up, down, backward forward, head same thing- etc.)

Could I look at your stand alone scene and without a title, tell what the character is THINKING? Go check your renders right now and come up with three thoughts that character could have if you were a newbie looking at them. (Hey, this could be fun to share!)

I’ll be back with some different views of Kaetl’s mouth that you didn’t get to see. It wont be spot rendered, I’ll just use the light that came with the studio.

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Four things I had in mind for what she’s thinking, knowing the character has stumbled on these two orphaned dragons, she has zero experience with babies, is known for being a very good warrior but also has a sense of humor and is well liked:

1.” Are these two going to freak out on me?”
2. “You’re kiddin’ me, they’re afraid!???”
3. “Oh my goodness.”
4. “They’re actually kinda cute.”

Image Attachments
kaetlSmile.jpg
 Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 06 April 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict