Digital Art Zone

Unable to delete Hotel sign from Stonemason’s City Ruins 02 scene
Posted: 31 March 2013 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-20

I’m attempting to delete the sign from Stonemason’s City Ruins 02 full scene, but am unsuccessful. I expand the node tree in the drop down, unparent and try to delete. The node word “cr1HotelSign1” deletes but the sign in the scene stays put. It also won’t let me right click on the sign and delete from the scene. Any suggestions?

Image Attachments
hotel.png

Posted: 31 March 2013 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5132
Joined  2012-04-07

I don’t have that set ... but yes, one can rename items that why it’s letting you delete the word. Click on something else on the Scene Tab, then one click back on the Sign ... delete via the keyboard ... should work AFAIK.

Signature 

Posted: 31 March 2013 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

The hotel Sign you selected is the SIGN on the EDGE of the building as Shown below. The Front sign is part of the MESH and can not be removed with a select and Delete combo. To do that you will need to Load the cr1GrndFloor into HEX and Delete just that part of the mesh.

Image Attachments
Sign.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 April 2013 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2947
Joined  2009-02-24

Wouldn’t it be easier to surface select the sign and drop the opacity to zero? That way you’d effectively ‘remove’ the sign, but you wouldn’t have to worry about fiddling around with deleting chunks of geometry. If you’re using Luxus or Reality, set it to a null material so it doesn’t use the surface for any calculations. Dropping it to zero opacity, while having the same effect, will still affect render times. By setting it to null you effectively tell Luxrender to ignore it completely.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 01 April 2013 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8123
Joined  2009-05-14

Yep as HeraldOfFire suggested if the sign has it’s own material zone then set the Opacity to 0% if it doesn’t have a mat zone of its own then make one http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14824/#215496

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 01 April 2013 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2009-12-20

It looks like editing the mesh is my only option for the sign in the front. I’ll attempt it tonight after work.

Posted: 01 April 2013 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2009-12-20

It does share a material. I’ll give it a new one and see if this is a better work-around.

Posted: 01 April 2013 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8123
Joined  2009-05-14

You don’t need to edit the mesh just the mats zones. Download that zip I linked to and you will see how easy it is to do inside Daz Studio. Don’t make life hard for yourself. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 02 April 2013 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2009-12-20

Thanks to everyone who jumped in. Lowering of the opacity of the sign is the way to go. You guys are awesome! Thanks again.