Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Unzipping content to folders OS XP
Posted: 01 April 2013 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  436
Joined  2013-03-28

Thank U so much friend.  I have alot of experimenting to do with DAZ to keep me occupied, Lol !!  Still trying to figure out the folder format system.  Sleep well smile 

Patience55 - 31 March 2013 10:13 PM

Yes you can post links to free stuff over at sharecg.com wink

Okay got it. It’s 1am my time so I must go to bed soon, but I’ll get the TUT posted as soon as possible in my Morning. About 8 hours from now.

Posted: 01 April 2013 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1728
Joined  2010-10-10

Some of my earlier zip files had an extra folder inside the zip and this is what causes problems if you install automatically.

All you need to do, once unzipped to a temporary folder is place the contents of the folders data, People and Runtime/textures into the same named folders in My Library.

There are no files missing that I know of, as other people have used them OK.

Hope Jaderail’s tutorial helps.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 01 April 2013 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-03-28

Hi Wendy, thanx for suggetion, wish it was that simple.  Think I figured out the problem I’m having, although I still haven’t figured out how to correctly install.  In my content library folder, Data 3 files exist 3_0, 4_0_2, Daz 3D,. 

When I open up your Data folder, goes to short cardigan folder and short sleeved shirt cardigan folder.  I am inserting these two folders into data folder, did not work, then Daz 3D folder, did not work.  People/runtime folders I understand.  Easy to follow. 

I go to clothing/genesis/cardigans drag/drop, I get error message uv-uvlayout.dsf file is missing. Which is in the data folder. 

That’s where I’m making my mistake, uv.dsf is incorrect path. 

I download OfficeSet from SCG .daz ext, manually installed, works fine.  I’m baffled, Lol !!!!  Maybe my Daz program has a glitch.  Well, till I figure this out, I’ll have a ninja Genesis model, Lol !!!  Hopefully Jader can shed some light smile

Posted: 01 April 2013 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1728
Joined  2010-10-10

In my data folder there is a folder called Pusey Designs.  This is the folder that should have its contents placed into the Data/ Pusey Designs folder in your “My Library”

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 01 April 2013 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-03-28

Ok, will give it a shot, brb.

Ah ha ! making progress.  It worked !!!  Thank you.  Now, will try the skirt smile  Oh man, when I tried to drag/drop material now dialog is asking to locate png file !  Just figured it out, select cardigan, then load material.  Happy, I’m making progress, thanx,.     

Posted: 01 April 2013 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-03-28

Thanks Wendy, think I have it working now, Skirt works too, beginning to understand the concept smile

Posted: 01 April 2013 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Well Fiddle Sticks. I’m so glad you have your content working. And the fact you did it yourself you will remember the steps much better. If you still want the mini Tut just let me know. I really do not believe you need it now.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 April 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-03-28

Hi Jade, thanx for all your help.  I finally figured out how to load the content, but ran into another problem, when I try to apply materials, I keep getting a dialog now, could not find jpg !!  I do dialog search to locate jpg, it works.  So, this means I am not uploading materials correctly.  Also now, my genesis model is dark, as if there is no sunlight. 

Was wondering if I can reset Daz software to default start all over again.  I may have to uninstall/reinstall.

MiniTut would still be helpful, so I can make corrections or figure out what I’m doing wrong. 
Thanx

Jaderail - 01 April 2013 01:10 PM

Well Fiddle Sticks. I’m so glad you have your content working. And the fact you did it yourself you will remember the steps much better. If you still want the mini Tut just let me know. I really do not believe you need it now.

2 of 2