Hi dere! It’s me again, Louie Dabrowski! You know, Da Real Man!
Here it is, April, a bran’ new mont’ an’ a bran’ new Challenge and dis mont’ we’re lookin’ t’find Real People! Dat’s right, real honest t’ goodness Real People! An’ just who are dese Real People? Dere your next door neighbors, da peoples on da bus youse take t’ work, da ones who cuts infronta line at da grocery, dat’s who! We ain’t lookin’ for no pretty boy he-men, no sword swingin’ glamour girls in dem skimpy outfits. We wants every day folks like you’d see in your everyday life.
Now’s your chance to git back at that joik at work, or dat teacher you had inna fifth grade dat made you stay afta school ‘cause you hit her in the back udda head wit a spitball…I mean, as an example…‘cause I ain’t never done nuttin’ like dat or anything…an’ it don’t hafta be limited to right here in the good ol’ US of A nedder! Any country, any where in da world (we ain’t gonna take no udder world aliens or stuff like dat. Leave dat sorta thing for dem sci-fi Doctor Who contests).
Now, as t’ da rules…oh, Geeze…dere’s been a lotta talk ‘bout da rules here lately…Fer da rules and regulations we’re gonna put ‘em right here for everybody t’see:
1. A minimum of 8 freebies.
2. A maximum of 3 purchased items. (you may list the Reality plugin as one of them)
3. Base figures (V4/M4?K4,V3/M3 and Genesis) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.
3b.. V4/M4/K4 Morphs++ and V3/M3 Head & Body Morphs will not count toward a purchased item. All other morph packages will be counted.
4. No postwork. This rule WILL NOT CHANGE SO DON’T ASK! (except for signatures and borders)
5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.
6. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.
6b. DAZ3D weekly freebies will count as free during the month they are released. The weekly freebie released during the last week of the previous month will also count as free for the month.
7. All links to freebies must work, and all freebies must be clearly and completely seen, not obstructed or hidden in any way from clear total viewing, no water reflections, or reflections that bend the freebie or distort it from it’s original form allowed without the freebie being seen above or outside the reflection itself as a stand alone, the freebie must be seen without having to enlarge the render to see it in any way, no items put against something the same color or texture making it blend into the other item. You may not link to items that specifically ask you not to link to them.
8. This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR EXTREMELY VIOLENT SITUATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.
9. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.
10. You may enter as many renders as you like each month, as long as they qualify.
11. You may post any renders you like without freebies or paid fors, these will be called NAEs, so please list them as such. They will not be considered entries.
12. Having fun is a must. Play hard, but please do not hurt anyone. The Daz team and/or MOD has the right to edit or remove any inappropriate comments they wish to. This will not change.
13. If you are going to be a judge, you must come into the challenge throughout the month, at least once every day or two. You can not just disappear. If you can not be here, do not ask to be a judge. You must also make comments on the entries as to give help to any newbies. You will be required to choose three winners and two honorable mentions for the month you judge. All judges chosen are allowed to enter the contest, but they may not vote for themselves.
14. Mini contests, within the main contest, are allowed at any time the host chooses. Prizes for them will be given separately from the main challenge.
15. You may use as many freebies from “community” sites. These are sites that feature free items from various authors, like Sharecg.com or Renderosity.com. You may NOT repeat a link to a third party site “exactly” once used in the entry, You can, however, use the same third party site link as long as it goes to a different page. Most-digital-creations.com is an example of this.
DAZ3D Sponsored Prizes
1st place will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
2nd place will receive a $12.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
3rd place will receive an $8.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
Jaderail Sponsored Prizes
1st Place $20.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
2nd Place $15.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
3rd Place $10.00 DAZ3D Gift Card
From your hosts
A couple of projects will be available as soon as we work out a few kinks. If we can’t, you never heard anything from us.
Other prizes will be listed as they become available. We are looking for 3 Judges with Dorsey and myself acting as tie breakers if needed.
Seen as how we’re runnin’ dis contest on a real shoestring, like most Real People dese days, we ain’t got much t’ offer in da way of prizes for da winners. Ya gots braggin’ rights, what more do ya want? Okay, okay…we’ll come up wit sumptin’. It ain’t gonna be spectacular or nutin’ but it’ll be a little sumptin’. Anybody out dere wanna contribute sumtin’, feel free…or if you feel like we’re moochin’ on youse guys…well, we are. Ya gotta problem wit dat?!? Take it to da judge…
An’ one more t’ing, da contest begins on April 1st, 2013 and ends at midnight April 30th, 2013. Winners to be announced when we git ‘round to it…alright, alright, on May da Foist.
Now, everybody get busy an’ lets see some REAL PEOPLE!